Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Today DH and I are taking the train to NYC to see Six The Musical.  We were planning to have lunch beforehand but since it is frigid today and waling around would not be pleasant, we may just get something in the train station which has been recently remodeled and has lots of dining options. 

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

Today DH and I are taking the train to NYC to see Six The Musical.  We were planning to have lunch beforehand but since it is frigid today and waling around would not be pleasant, we may just get something in the train station which has been recently remodeled and has lots of dining options. 

Sounds like fun @ninjawife. Let us know about the show and your meal. Today I deep cleaned the bedroom "wing" of our home. Now all I have to do is daily maintenance until we start spring cleaning. Tomorrow I'll tackle the living room and kitchen while DH is playing cards.

Honored Contributor

Trucker girl is home safe after 10 days on the road, dealing with lots of snow and ice.  She asked for spaghetti for supper, so I have sauce simmering on the stove.  (Hubs and I just had spaghetti a few nights ago, but it was a freezer find, so tonight's meal will be better).   Also have rolls raising on the stovetop.   

Laundry will be the next thing I tackle, as the bag she drug in is stuffed full.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am not doing too much this weekend. It's a beautiful day. Current temperatures are in the 60's and we are supposed to hit 72.

I went out to the grocery store and picked up a few things. I forgot that this is the beginning of the month, so lots of people are out and about and in the grocery store. 

I think I am going to spend the rest of the day doing my word search puzzles, reading, and TV Watching. 

Tomorrow, I will have service in the morning, and then I need to dust, change my sheets on my bed, wash my hair etc...etc.. I will wrap up the day getting ready for work on Monday. I set up my Keurig, pick out what I am going to wear to work, pack up my laptop and things like that.

It makes it easier for me to get out the door on Monday morning. 

@viva923 

Glad to hear that you are healing from your procedure. 

Respected Contributor

@RedTop, Spaghetti is always a great meal in my book! Thankful to know your daughter is back safe & sound what with the treacherous weather over these past few days.

I am very lazy today, just finished folding laundry & watching cooking shows On Demand. No idea for dinner but there most likely are leftovers to finish.

Have a good evening all.
Thinking about @Cakers3 and @hellie jo.

And @viva923, you take care!
Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

Truckers have so much to deal with, particularly this time of year.  I applaud the dedication.  Good for you giving her some food memories.

Honored Contributor

hey all

super busy day

see all tomorrow

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

Sounds like fun @ninjawife. Let us know about the show and your meal. Today I deep cleaned the bedroom "wing" of our home. Now all I have to do is daily maintenance until we start spring cleaning. Tomorrow I'll tackle the living room and kitchen while DH is playing cards.

@AuntG The show was very entertaining. Six is about the six wives of Henry VIII.  Each queen performs a song highlighting their saga in being married to Henry.  They are competing to have the audience determine who had it the worst.  There are also some ensemble songs.  It had a rock vibe and the queens performed with a live rock band.  We ate lunch in a resturant in the train station.  The arrivals portion of the station has yet to be remodeled but on the way home we had drinks in the new food hall in the departures portion of the station which has been nicely remodeled.  We also got some cake from Magnolia Bakery which was very good.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Trucker girl is home safe after 10 days on the road, dealing with lots of snow and ice.  She asked for spaghetti for supper, so I have sauce simmering on the stove.  (Hubs and I just had spaghetti a few nights ago, but it was a freezer find, so tonight's meal will be better).   Also have rolls raising on the stovetop.   

Laundry will be the next thing I tackle, as the bag she drug in is stuffed full.  

@RedTop 

Your post made me think of my one BFF. Her son is a trucker, he use to do cross country which she hated, but towards the end of last year he switched companies for a route that has him going back and forth between Texas and California. She lost her husband, his dad a little over a year ago, so I think the new route gives them both peace of mind, since he is able to check in on her more frequently.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus 

We live in WV and my daughter works for a company in NC.  Her runs take her to AZ, CA, CO, ID, OR, NM, NE, WA, and WY.  

I am thankful for cell phones that help us maintain contact while she's out on the road.