Super Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Here in Dallas I'm housebound due to our ice storm. So I'm looking at ice outside as far as the eye can see. Can't even step outside to check around the house because it's solid ice on the grass, too.

I'm doing laundry, baking cookies, and I did take a shower. Feeling human but going a bit stir crazy.

We start thawing tomorrow afternoon and rumor has it the sun will reappear on Friday.

Honored Contributor

hey all

thanks guys for all your love in wishing me a speedy recovery.

did get out today for a 3 block walk up and back just to get out. going crazy sitting in this house. it is cold with a blustery nor'west wind.

did get in touch with my primary doc to gett his mess straightened out about my aspirin therapy i was on for some 30 maybe 40 years. i am now off of it till further notice. everyone was on a different page. doctor finally agreed with me on how i presented it last visit on 9 jan. doc is not one for aspirin therapy unless medically super necessary.  so we will discuss it every doc visit to see if need to go back on the aspirin therapy. doc said he would contact the nurse lady place to tell them i am OFF TILL FURTHER NOTICE aspirin therapy. anyway it is very sunny and cold today winds out of nor'west.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Made a quick run into town to pay my car insurance, drop mail at the post office, and drive thru at the bank.  First of the month in this area means a crowd at the banks, grocery stores, and pharmacies.  

@viva923 

30+ years of aspirin therapy surely explains your heavy bleeding after surgery!  Best wishes for a complete healing, and I think your doctors should be looking at the effect long term aspirin use has had on the healing effects from your previous procedures.   

Honored Contributor

It's 2:35 pm .... I'm done!

Bath, hair, dressed, makeup.  

Shortened 3 pairs of pants.

Emptied vacuum bag and vacuumed bedroom, hall, living room and "computer nook."  Straightened up bedroom.

Emptied vacuum again.

Redid hair, freshened makeup ... 

Checking email and then going out for a "little walk" and fresh air.  It's 34 degrees ... it will be a brief, brisk walk.  I"m thinking about going to the deli and getting a couple of slices of pizza.

--------------------------

Doc told me "don't overdo it" .... so I'm just going to sit and knit the rest of the day.

Honored Contributor

hey all

accidentdentally got my foot wet tonight in shower. dh was going to change it when i got out of shower. we both saw it, blisters (small ones) in same area where my last round of cellulitis began in november. called doctor he said to get into his office asap tomorrow morn. will get in there tomorrow and see what he says and go from there

Honored Contributor

hey all

saw foot doctor this morn, he said all was looking wonderful for healing. he gave me permission to begin walking my 3-4 blocks 2x's a day he said the hole in bottom of big toe was nearly fully closed. my new best BUDDY is IODINE.have to bathe my foot in that.

he extended my antibotics for an extra week he is going out of town for 2.5 weeks for conference in south california. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hello all

wow is it windy today and quite COLD BLUSTERY DAY.

got my 2 short walks in today. foot did a ok.

cleaned the living room today tomorrow is dining room and get that cleaned up finally have some sense in the house.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Not much - wash the bathroom floor and vacuum the dining area.

Just went down to the deli (I needed milk).  It's 4 blocks round trip.*

It is 20 degrees and windy (weather app says it feels like 6 degrees) .... really, really. really cold.  I didn't bundle up since it's just a few minutes in and out .... and I was wearing my heavy winter parka and I could have been dressed warmer.  

I have to be somewhere tomorrow afternoon (1/3 mile walk each way) ... and the temp is supposed to be lower.  Definitely need a scarf and heavy sweater under my coat!

-----------------------------

*I keep track of my daily "mileage."

Honored Contributor

Started another puzzle today. It's simply too cold to go outside. We had a spaghetti supper with cheesy garlic bread. No big plans for tomorrow. Thinking about going to a Saturday church service because DH wants to attend a card party on Sunday.

Super Contributor

Yesterday I finally got out of the house after being cooped up during the ice storm this past week Absolutely giddy like a kid being released for recess LOL I ran a few errands, stopped at Sonic for a large Coke, and then sat in the sunroom to watch some movies.

Today who knows? Probably some laundry and cooking. Hazel, my robo vac, will do her thing. I'll tidy the kitchen.