Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hello all

welcome noah

wow what a day. began quietly and built into kaboom.

yesterday the foot truck came to our development. many people picked up free food. this morn on my walk OH MY GOSH, it was total chaos at the mail pavillion. there must have been 20 boxes of cna goods meat,and other food items up there. it was so wet overnight the boxes were disintergrating from the moisture. I began by unpacking boxes and putting boxes together so less mayhem. finally got it down to 4 boxes of can goods and 1 bag of chicken. the chicken was defrosted I did not throw it out because i was afraid someone would witch about it. found out i can toss it just put in trash bag and toss it. dh will do that tonight on way home,he will pick up mail and toss that chicken in a trash bag and dump in garbage cans at  mail pavillion.

heavy rain began about noon. was able to get both my walks in, granted i was wet when i got home this afternoon. 

ok guys later.

Super Contributor

I've been playing with a new software program called Filmora.  It helps you create slide shows from your photos.  I got my first slide show, with music, created! 😊

Honored Contributor

I let things go here today and visited with Mom.  She talked to me like I was her neighbor across the road; asked multiple times how many kids I have and had they ever come to visit her?  Also said she met my husband once.  

I sat and tried to find my mom in her and know she was looking at me trying to figure out who I was.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

hey all

another very busy day.

have doc appoint at 1pm so have to keep moving to get stuff donelater all

Respected Contributor

@RedTop, Your visit with Mom was interesting because I think that she somewhere deep down was trying to get back the connection with you?It must be very difficult ansad to be together physically but yet mentally somewhat disconnected.

I hope you can see what I am saying and please know that I hope your time left with your Mom will be peaceful.
Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik 

I understand your post and kind words, but in this late stage of dementia my mother does not have that level of comprehension to think about our relationship in any way.  

Mom has lost track that "my husband" is her son-in-law, and "my kids" are her only granddaughters.  Mom gets excited when she sees my daughters, but to her they are the neighbor children who live in this house; she no longer understands our connections.   While she remembers having 3 children, my brothers are "those men who come here".  

Essentially we are just nice people who visit and bring food or do things for her.  We all hang onto the loving mother/grandmother she was in the past and just try to walk this dark road with her.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much today

cool outside and very cloudy again. had a little sun this morn but it is now all cloudy..

did normal chores,did morn walk not much else. later guys.

Honored Contributor

Just enough bothersome snow coming down to cause a towing ban on the superhighway. I'm serving up meatloaf, cheesy potatoes and baked beans tonight. There is figure skating on NBC tonight so I think we may watch that. I like these lazy days when we don't have much to do.

Respected Contributor

Snow coming, maybe 3 to 5 inches & temps going down below freezing. Haven't had much snow to date but ugh, here it comes.

Nice to have an easy going day. There are about a hundred projects to do here but I don't have the motivation! Made DH his favorite sloppy joes. Also having sweet potato oven fries & raw veggies on the side.

Stay safe if you are in the path of this storm. Have a nice weekend!
Respected Contributor

I am getting a massage this morning.  I have been getting one every month since October.  I have a yearly memebership from the massage center that gives me a discount.   I had a yearly membership that started in December 2019 that had to be suspended for a few months during the pandemic since the center was closed.  Then I put the membership on hold for a few months until I was vaccinated.  That membership ended in December 2021 and I stopped going until October 2022 and boy did I miss it- my muscles were really tight.  So back to the monthy massages.  That along with my monthly appointments to the chiropractor  as well as doing yoga really help to keep me loose.