Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@EastCoastGal wrote:
Hello @gloriajean !! LoveMyHandbags here !!! Just saw your nic and want to wish you a Happy New Year! It sounds like you're recovering nicely. I'm happy to hear that! Hopefully by next summer you'll be much better! Gloriajean...I'm feeling really sad tonight because l live in Buffalo NY and we've just gone through the most awful blizzard !!!! They're still finding people.... 😥 and l wanted to come on and tell someone l feel l know...and l saw you !!!! I hope your family are all well. Did you enjoy your Christmas with your twin grandchildren? I'm sure you did. I was stuck here at home by myself for Christmas but I'll see some of my family tomorrow. My niece has the cutest two-year-old daughter that I'll be seeing! Oh my she's a doll with dark brown eyes and hair, the cutest dimple and a tiny nose! ❤️ You probably remember when your twins were that little! You take care Gloriajean and be well okay? Sending you hugs and love ❤️ Oh! I'm unable to make my font larger, can't make paragraphs or heart posts so here's another heart ❤️ for your post!!

So nice to hear from you! Yes, the twin girls are six now, and so cute and fun to have around! They go to a kindergarten Spanish Emersion, and they just love it.  They are very smart and catch on fast.  So sorry for that bad blizzard and you being in it there! It's unbelievable about all the deaths that happened there.  I didn't know about it until I read your post then I checked up on it.

Sorry you were stuck at home by yourself.

Hope you and everyone has a  wonderful and blessed New Year!  

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo, so thankful you contacted the police for follow-up on the situation with your SIL. May she continue to improve as she deals with this health crisis.

I hope things work out for your DH, it is a lot to deal with causing so much stress, worry, and anxiety. Your are in my thoughts. 

@Cakers3, sending good thoughts to you and hoping things improve for your DH and rest of family. 

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

thick heavy fog and now rain

it is church home tonight that is all,later guys

Honored Contributor

Hello to all who post and read.Heart

Just heard from DS and GD is sick again-they just returned from the doctor.

We were to have dinner over there but all that matters is that she gets better soon. Dinner can wait.

Sending out good thoughts to all and thank you for kind words, too.

Be well.

GIF snow cat - animated GIF on GIFER - by Motaur

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello to all who read and post in this New Year.Heart

Actually stayed up until Midnight and DH woke up in time to see the festivities on tv. A lot of firecrackers and boom type works around here, too.

Dh went back to sleep but I stayed up watching some movie and then fell alseep before it ended.  Typical.  LOL 

Waiting to hear how GD is doing and not making anything special for dinner-a salad mix and that will be it.

I am sending all the best to everyone-trying times for some of us, for sure and for those hesitant to share-you will always be included even if we do not know you.

Be well.

I did not make any resolutions but if I did.................

New years resolution reaction lolthatsme GIF on GIFER - by Katilar

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

hello all

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

not much today

sunshine and slight warm,the wind is nippy

did normal chores

did morn walk

not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

Just having a quiet day here. Watching some football and eating some snacks. 

Respected Contributor

Spending the day watching football and snacking. Kinda lonely as our daughter left today after a 6 day visit. Her flight is now delayed by 30 minutes but she is confident that it'll go out ok, nothing like the fiascos last week. Never had a problem with Alaska Airlines & she is happy for it being a nonstop flight, about 4 hours! 💤

I haven't made any resolutions, hardly ever do. Just keep on going! Thinking of all you kind ladies here & hoping the new year is kind & caring to you & your loved ones.
Esteemed Contributor

Last night I ended up watching a couple of shows before midnight. One was called The Toast to 2022. It was on NBC and I laughed through a lot of it.

Then the Dolly Parton and Miley Cirus special came on. i started to watch. The first guest I honestly could not understand what they were saying, then the second singing act begun. I have no idea who she was and she was too busy dancing like she was in a night club with a pole, so I changed the channel.

I came back a few minutes to midnight just to see the countdown and climbed into bed. My niece and SIL faced timed me a little after midnight and I spoke with them and we wished each other a Happy New Year.I did not see my brother so I am guessing he was already asleep. LOL!!

Today, I dragged myself out of bed and attended service. I came back home changed clothes and I am watching HGTV. I will try to finish a book that I am reading tonight, and I signed up for babbel so I want to take one of my Spanish lessons and that's it for me.  

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not much today 

MOM-i don't care if you celebrate or not after any holiday type festivities it is always a let down. today am dragging. didn't celebrate ,some people went back to work today other begin tomorrow. it is a deflating balloon feeling.

weather has clouded up and become quite damp. suppose to get up to 60 today.

did normal chores, did morn walk not much else.