Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Went to a funeral & luncheon this morning. Our dear neighbors of 40 years lost their son. He was killed in a car accident & they are just devastated. We have been good friends all these years & our children grew up together.

Don't feel much like doing anything. Weather is cold ,& dreary. Yesterday's snowfall mostly melted away. Hope all have a nice, relaxing weekend.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Up early to make a grocery run.  Prior to Covid, my December grocery shopping trip was usually my last big one until March.  Even before I retired, I limited outings during flu season.  Covid reinforced the way I shop for my family, so I have everything at a good level to meet our needs for several months.  

This next week is a busy one on our calendar.  My husband has an out of town appt that will take up most of the day.  I have an appt at the end of the week to get my car inspected and serviced.  Trucker daughter should be home around mid week.  

Moms aggression towards me in September, has continued to limit my visits with her.  This week I went from being "her little girl" to a complete stranger within minutes.  Mom refers to my brother and SIL across the road from me as "the nice couple next door".  If I point to my house, she shakes her head and says she doesn't know the people who live there!   

Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

I cannot imagine how difficult that must be for you.😢

A big hug to you (((RedTop)))

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

Thank you.  The mother I knew and loved, is long gone.  She wants, and needs, the peace that only God can give her.  

Valued Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Up early to make a grocery run.  Prior to Covid, my December grocery shopping trip was usually my last big one until March.  Even before I retired, I limited outings during flu season.  Covid reinforced the way I shop for my family, so I have everything at a good level to meet our needs for several months.  

This next week is a busy one on our calendar.  My husband has an out of town appt that will take up most of the day.  I have an appt at the end of the week to get my car inspected and serviced.  Trucker daughter should be home around mid week.  

Moms aggression towards me in September, has continued to limit my visits with her.  This week I went from being "her little girl" to a complete stranger within minutes.  Mom refers to my brother and SIL across the road from me as "the nice couple next door".  If I point to my house, she shakes her head and says she doesn't know the people who live there!   

@RedTop  I am so very, very sorry for what you are going through......I guess you must keep it in perspective and realize that your Mom is gone and rely on the memories 

you have of her. My heart breaks for you.

Honored Contributor

hello all

it is dank,dark,dreary today, have had spits of rain,very cold and damp

did sheets today, dh took the heavy sheets/blankets to laundramat that does help out. 1 hour for wash/dry in one machine/dryer.

making thick boneless pork chops for dinner with home made tater salad.

Red Top so little i can say concerning your mother. I am so sorry you have to endure this hurt/ache/pain. one day you willl know the reason.

not much else.later guys

Respected Contributor

@RedTop, ❤️to you for the heartache with your Mom. The memories you cherish are unfortunately gone from her poor mind. Blessings to you and your family.
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

@RedTop 

sending you🤗🤗and i'm so sorry that your mother doesn't know you at all😥 also sending you 🙏

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@RedTop I am so sorry you have to go through this. Sending you a big hug.You have a lot on your plate and you continue to take care of your family. Bless you and make sure you also take care of you.Heart

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not to much today

did normal chores, did morn walk, it is sunny but nippy this morn. stiff breeze today. nippy but sunny today.

not much else. later guys