Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

That first wheeled cart in the previous post is slick. Shows what I know about city living! 

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much going on here

I had one of the shop cart on wheels several years ago they were really a handy helper to have for carrying items

just got weather notice on my weather radio under a tornado threat till 7pm tonight. heat is building,humidity is building,house still opened up,won't close up now dont' want to blow the air conditioner out if we have power surge of somekind of from the freaky weather.

got my walk in,did normal chores, not much else,later guys

Esteemed Contributor

When we lived in the apt. for five years, we had a grocery cart down in the garage, for people to haul their groceries to their apts. We lived on the second floor so it came handy, also we used our wagon for carrying things a lot.  Now in 2020 we moved to our townhouse and our garage is right next to the kitchen (Thank God) and we don't need something to haul groceries with now.  It's so nice to be in a townhouse, nice patio outside, nice garage, and we have association, so we get our lawn cut, and snow removed. DH made a small riser in our patio planted some lettuce, spinach, radishes and some herbs in it. Fun to watch it grow!! 

Have a good day everyone!! 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG 

And, it's not only "city" living.

A friend has a condo in FL - last time I was down there I noticed most residents have a shopping cart in their parking space - to bring their groceries and other packages up to their condo!

I'm sure some type of cart would be useful for everyone who has to lug stuff from garage or driveway to house.  (The carts fold small and would fit in thee trunk.)

Honored Contributor

Hello to all who post and read.Heart

Well, the garage door is not fixed.  The house warranty folks will be here Monday.  Cheaper than the warranty that came with the opener.

So haul the trash/recycle bins from the garage through the kitchen out the door and down the walk to the driveway.  I know the garage door is snickering at us.  LOL

Plus we have a curbside food order later this afternoon so drag the bags from the driveway down the walk to the front door.  DH has a "dolly" we can use because believe it or not those extra steps are not pleasant for either one of us.  *sigh*

I hope everyone is having a good day today.

Be well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Not much happening today, it is cool and rainy. 

Having kielbasa, mashed buttered squash, and dinner rolls tonight. 

I'm enjoying looking out the window at my neighbor's lilacs, Iove the scent and wish they would last longer. 

I'm going to put some books on hold at the library next.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Honored Contributor

Today (Saturday 5/21/22)?   

I went out at 10am to go pick up my eyeglasses - it was already hot - so rather than walk - took bus (just three stops).   

While waiting for the bus to come home - chatted with a couple about my age.   When I got off the bus - stopped at the deli.

I changed into some lighter weight pants and scrounged up one of my college t-shirts and went down to pick up my QVC pkg that came yesterday.   Renee's "Tropical Floral" shirt.

Rest of the day?   There's a slight chance that I'll go out again later today  if the temp isn't too high. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

very heat hot and super humid (amazon forest humid).

did normal chores,did a shorter walk today.

still thinking of going to air show tomorrow will see how tomorrow develops.

ok later guys

Respected Contributor

@hellie jo, Have a fabulous trip! I hope that you will pass through some beautiful scenery. Enjoy your time away!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3, Hopefully your garage door is fixed. What a real pain! Just last year we had a broken spring or something. The door was stuck all crooked & looked like it was going to fall off any minute but thankfully guys got here within a couple hours before it got dark. Always something!