Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@Cakers3  and whomever else may read....

can't believe it's march already- we still have patches of snow on the ground here in spite of sudden warm temps, maybe rain today will wash it away. but i don't mind winter to linger- spring means loads of outdoor decisions and work to do- tho i hire the work out-  i prefer to hibernate and not deal with all of it.Man Tongue

we don't really do anything for the holidays this time of year. i haven't seen my grands in over 2 years - it seems the 'baby' i last saw is now in charge of the house there. her older brothers don't mind being bossed by her. maybe this summer will be ok for a visit.

Smiley Embarassedyou guys sure get alot more done than i do! i must say- i luved my new 'different' light bulbs i got last time i posted and am now looking for similar ones for other lamps, like i'm on a mission. i am a LED convert- but it must be the right 'warmth' for the space. too many options is my problem.

i am supposed to be writing out the IRS tax bill now, but think i will tell hubby i'll wait til Tuesday, as it will be raining today to put the mail out!

well it's true.

i did just order some flowers for his sister, just a little happy spring thing, before her own  flowers come up later. she's on her own after husband passing  awhile ago. i forget to be thoughtful, and if i don't do something when i think of it- well i forget again.

except i won't forget those light bulbs, for real. i put one in a Tiffany style lamp and the colors glowed better than ever, plus i could actually see what the heck was in the drawer below! 

Woman Surpriseddoesn't take much to amaze me nowadays.

Hearthope everyone is 'ok', i know health issues seem to be an ongoing theme in our lives.

oh- TV - so i hope this show will be good- but on tuesday, on nbc, 10 pm est- a 6 part miniseries called ''the thing about pam''  will begin. based on a bizarre true story, starring Renee Zellweger.

i so rarely watch the networks anymore, i wouldn't know about alot of shows, so FYI in case you also may not know to take a peek. they may repeat it friday pm...

i  am emailing a few folks 'heads up' so if it's not good i will be shamed.Smiley Frustrated 

Honored Contributor

@shosh   So good to see you again.  I seem to always miss you when you are online.

So sweet of you to send the flowers to your SIL.  I'm am sure she will feel uplifted knowing you care.

I'm sorry you have missed out on your grands-even though ours are close by we got together less and less the past two years.   They moved a bit more away in January so we let them get settled. Then in Feb. all 4 caught Covid. GS has had it twice, even though vax and boosted. 

Hopefully this month we can manage something.  We haven't seen the new house since it was under construction.  It is an adapted house for DS.

Be well dear friend.Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Hello to all who post and read.Heart

We are heading out this morning to pick up a few things at market.  Also to just get out of the house for a bit.

DH has to make an appt. for yet another MRI-seems every time we turn around another body area needs one. 

I must have slept like a pretzel last night.  My upper back feels like I twisted it.  I'll survive.

@hellie jo  Always thinking of you and sending you light for healing.

Be well.

Honored Contributor

hello all

kite flying weather today, gale force winds. hung out clothes, they are wrapped around other lines. hope they dry

very warm here, windows open to air out the house.

not much else. later guys

Respected Contributor

Snowing here. Surprise, surprise! It's crazy March! Just doing laundry & a little cleaning. Never run out of that.

Watching the Fashion Days on the Q. There are some nice casual pieces I like but truthfully, I don't go anywhere special & my closet is ready to burst. Lately only places I go to are doctor appointments, grocery shopping & not very often out for lunch or dinner.

My thoughts are with those who are ill and have struggles to overcome. Please be well. I am thankful to come to the boards to "see" you all!
Esteemed Contributor

@hellie jo 

I am not familiar with your health situation. I am very glad to hear you are getting stronger. That is really a good thing when approaching any type of surgery.

Wish you the best in keeping with getting stronger, and also with your upcoming surgery. 🙏

hckynut   🇺🇸   🇺🇦

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

sheet day

hung all clothes outside, it is a WOW DAY for drying outside. cold yes, but low humidity north wind

clothes are drying great.

did chores,did walk,have to get clothes down now,later guys

Honored Contributor

Hello to all who post and read.Heart

It was so cold yesterday when we went out.  The wind was making it worse.  Gas went up 20 cents from the time we left to the time we went home-all in two hours. 

I was worried about the little nest in the front-two years ago a severe wind storm knocked a nest down and the hatchlings perished in our driveway.

I think the nest may not be ready yet-haven't seen any activity but there were some bird droppings on the ground. 

DS and family had no power yesterday morning, either. 

Today is still cold; did some laundry and taking it easy now.

@hellie jo   Hoping to hear from you soon.

Be well.

Honored Contributor

Pretty quiet day here, went to library and grocery store this morning. Will be having spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread for dinner.

Sending good wishes to all who are dealing with challenging times.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3, What a thoughtful piece. I hope it is helping you with the sad situations that you are dealing with. Please take extra good care of yourself. I am praying for the well-being of your family as well. 🌈💗🏵️