Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

I had a dental appointment at 7:30 this morning. I don"t know what I was thinking,making it so early. It was still dark and people are driving to work at that time. Oh well,won:t do that again haha. All set for another 6 months anyway. Came home and did a load of laundry.

Youngest son stopped by before he had to go to work and drop off some candles I bought from granddaughter for her school. Youngest granddaughter is fine now after her Covid.

It is supposed to snow the next 2 days. It is still cold here,in the 20"s.

Got snacks for Sunday. It will just be me and DH. He watches the Super Bowl and I watch the Puppy Bowl. Our dog Sadie takes turns watching with DH and me.

I love the Walter the cat commercial!

Hope all have a good weekend.

Honored Contributor

My brother and SIL tested positive for Covid for the 2nd time on Monday; they just had it in August.   They are vaccinated, wear masks, and say they are diligent about cleaning their hands as soon as they leave a store and get inside their vehicle.   They are not stay at home people; eat out several times a week, shop in quite a few stores, and attend services at multiple local churches.   They knew their exposure in August came from church, but have no idea this time.   

They were with Mom the day before they tested positive, so my brother is quite concerned about her.  Mom adamantly refuses to get vaccinated, and even what her Dr said to her made no difference.   I do not want my brother to worry about Mom.   We have done our best to care for her within the parameters she allows, and he knows that.   

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much new around here

quiet day for me,

did chores, got walk in, warming up but still a cool wind is blowing. could have a snow storm saturday into sunday heard 2 reports lots of snow to just a dusting. who knows what we will get. it happens can't unchange anything.

not much else. see all later.

Honored Contributor

On today's agenda

Giving instructions in knitting and crochet this afternoon,  and stop for a few grocery items on the way home.

Then - spend the evening relaxing with my own knitting!

Regular Contributor

@Cakers3 

Hearthope your family is recovering well.  

i got the roses i ordered for myself today, dh prefers i do that for 'occasions' and so do i- if i don't, he is likely to get anything imaginable [ things i didn't know i wanted] for me and i'd rather just have cheapish flowers. these are quite pretty- 3 different color roses in red, hot pink and pale pink. they came in 'ok' condition...sometimes vg, other times are frozen or dried up. he cut off the thorns for me.

our temps just warmed up from bitter cold, tho sunday we'll be back into winter, sections of snow still all around the yard.

robins showed up on my wee crabapple tree, which is loaded with very wee fruits- they have returned at least 3 weeks too early- hope that tree keeps them well fed, they won't be comfy with the bitter weather.

migraines and light bulbs is what i am doing today- and the roses. sometimes if you cut alot off the stem and put it into boiling hot water in a jar, it can revive the rose if the flower head is drooping prematurely.Woman Frustrated 

i will close before i tell you more about the odd kind of lightbulbs i am trying to order.

Regular Contributor

ps: i post so rarely that i clicked 'post' when i was not meaning to... 

wanted to say 'HI ' to all else who also post and or read this thread.

i read it all the time, from back when 'show me' began it. 

but i think i just replied to my own post, so sorry if it shows up weird. sigh. Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

Please join us more often @shosh . I got up early to watch two soap operas I'd missed (hubby has had a lot of medical appointments lately).  Need to call to see if I have to report for jury duty on Valentine's Day. I don't want to leave DH alone for a whole day, so I pray no jury trials are scheduled for my week. 

Honored Contributor

@shosh wrote:

@Cakers3 

Hearthope your family is recovering well.  

i got the roses i ordered for myself today, dh prefers i do that for 'occasions' and so do i- if i don't, he is likely to get anything imaginable [ things i didn't know i wanted] for me and i'd rather just have cheapish flowers. these are quite pretty- 3 different color roses in red, hot pink and pale pink. they came in 'ok' condition...sometimes vg, other times are frozen or dried up. he cut off the thorns for me.

our temps just warmed up from bitter cold, tho sunday we'll be back into winter, sections of snow still all around the yard.

robins showed up on my wee crabapple tree, which is loaded with very wee fruits- they have returned at least 3 weeks too early- hope that tree keeps them well fed, they won't be comfy with the bitter weather.

migraines and light bulbs is what i am doing today- and the roses. sometimes if you cut alot off the stem and put it into boiling hot water in a jar, it can revive the rose if the flower head is drooping prematurely.Woman Frustrated 

i will close before i tell you more about the odd kind of lightbulbs i am trying to order.

@shosh   Dear shosh!!  I always miss your posts!!!Heart

Thank you for thinking of my family.  They are doing much better now.  Some lingering issues but hopefully will be gone soon.

GS had this twice already. 

We do not do anything special for Valentine's Day-I did pick up a little chocolate mousse cake for Monday and if I'm up to it I will make a little dinner.  This is the first year I did not make up gift bags for the grandchildren.  We will not see them for the first time in 20 for GS and 7 years for GD.

Anyway, I hope your migraines  will diminish soon.  The roses sound really pretty.  I always knew to trim the stems a bit each day so that flowers can "drink" up water better but I didn't know about putting them in hot water to revive drooping flowers.

Our weather is still cold at night but we are supposed to hit 80 next week but back down again at night.  Some of these temps are ranging 30-40 degrees difference in the same day and night!!

I hope to "see" you more often; take care and know you are in my thoughts.

Be well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Hello to all who post and read.Heart

We went out to our  markets yesterday-no shortage of paper goods. It looks as though they just had a huge delivery for TP and such.  Frozen dinners are not up to full inventory from what we could see.  Dairy and dry goods were fine.

I found fresh yellow wax beans-haven't seen them in ages.  I used to grown them in my garden. I bought two packages and will steam them up today and tomorrow. Not sure what I will make with them. 

We are not Super Bowl people so no big plans for snacks and such.   Good luck to all no matter which team you are rooting for.

A little wind today and supposed to get some rain.  We shall see.  Temps up during the day and down at night.  We can have as much as a 30-40 degree spread in one day.  Keeps the heating bill down, though. 

Sending out good thoughts to all.

Be well.

Men, Women, and the Mental Load of running a house together

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much here today

running behind. did many chores today

did get morn walk in today no afternoon walk.

opened up 3 windows today for airing out the house. only 1 window open now with bathroom fan running. 

close up soon before winter begins to role back in tonight. later guys