Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Temp is supposed to get up to 24 today and the sun is currently shining.

The young lady in my area who started a small bakery business delivered my dozen of chocolate chip cookies with blue and gold M&Ms along with five lemon bars before 7am. I love helping local businesses and will share my goodies with my neighbor. 

Nothing special planned for the weekend, I have some good books to read. 

Snow is on the way tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

DS and family went home yesterday.  They had power Thursday afternoon  but stayed just in case it went out again. 

So quiet now.    At least everything was ok at their house and I am extremely grateful we were able to provide shelter for them. 

Continued concern for those scrambling for water and food; there are distributions going on in my area right now.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

hello all

could not get to this thread earlier today. Couldn't find it.all my notifications disappeared this morn, so had to find each thread in the forums.

not much else tonight. Tomorrow all

Honored Contributor

I don't know what is going on but a few times I had to scroll down past numerous pics of hosts and finally see the sign in/password.

Then I would receive an "error" and have to do it all over again.

Odd. 

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing ok and sending out all the best to everyone who posts and reads.Heart

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here.

sunny but still mighty cold, windy today.

did get my morn walk in and did morn chores.

not much else guys

later

Respected Contributor

I received my first Covid-19 vaccination (Pfizer) this morning.  

Contributor

@KatieBRemind me what state are you in? I'm in California and trying to get the vacine here is "like pulling teeth" can't find it or you have to wait 4-5 hours. thanks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HallowsEve wrote:

@KatieBRemind me what state are you in? I'm in California and trying to get the vacine here is "like pulling teeth" can't find it or you have to wait 4-5 hours. thanks.

@HallowsEve   I'm in North Carolina.  I fretted too for months over how to get the vaccine (I'm 70 years old and an ex-heavy smoker, and I have MS).    I kept thinking I'd wait and get it as CVS or Walgreens.  And then one day when I was Googling 'How to get Covid Vaccine in Greensboro, NC', Cone Health came up and gave a phone number.  I called it and woman booked me over the phone in that one call.  The original appt was cancelled due to icy weather and was rescheduled for today..   They made the 2nd appt for me before I left today. 

Cone is the healthcare provider system based here in Greensboro, NC, includes 4 hospitals here in town and others in surrounding cities.  Before I booked this appt, I kept looking at the County Health Dept website for when they would be giving vaccines, but I got nowhere with them.  

The vaccines were given at the Greensboro Coliseum in town and I thought it would be a huge crowd with long waiting lines but there were no lines, there were plenty of nurses and admin staff to guide you along they way.  It took about an hour to be vaccinated including the 15 minute wait to see if you're okay.

Good luck, good luck good luck!  We all need to take this vaccine.  Hope you find the information soon.  Keep me posted.  

Contributor

@KatieB  thanks for your update - appreciate it! I'm 67 w/no health conditions, so for California & it's various counties; a lot of the counties are only doing over 70 or first responders. It's very unorganized & low on dosage too. Guess for now I'll continue to stay home & wait it out for a bit longer.  thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning to all who post and read.

Haircut today-woof woof woof!  LOL

I actually cut about 3 inches off myself last month-he will faint when he sees me.  Woman Surprised

Keeping good thoughts for everyone.Heart