Super Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Got up early , made coffee, had coffee with my honey.  Then a load 

of laundry in.  Slow baked a half a turkey lastnight. 

With that turkey I prepared a care package for an elderly gentleman

that lives across town.

Turkey and Dumplings, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon, cranberry

sauce.

Some homemade Navy Bean and Ham Soup that I prepared yesterday

with Rosemary and Olive Bread Crutons for garnish.  

Baked some  Pumpkin Bread, and an Orange Cranberry Loaf.

Some nectarines, fresh raspberries.  Nuts, Candies.  Coffee for brewing

Apple Juice and some eggnog.  He had no idea I was coming.  

I of course called him before heading over.  He was so happy to see 

me.  I made him stay the recommended 6' away , We both had

our masks on.   And kept our distance.

Came home walked the doggies, fed the doggies..... Fed my honey,

and now.........................sitting down.   Yay !

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'll be 69, tomorrow! 😳😱

It's only a number, it's only a number,..😄🙂😐😕

Honored Contributor

Good Morning to all who post and read.

We ended cleaning up some leaves out front yesterday and now I'm feeling it this morning.  LOL

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

Be well.Heart

Sled Dog: What a good boy! - Imgflip

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

Rest up then okSmiley Happy

uh,i took sheets off my bed  and "was" going to remake it...

but   back says no way!

So   it's still not made yet...i have untill bedtime..right?  lol

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

hey all

stargazergal, my car is a 2003, only 84,000 miles on it. i love my little old car, she is paid for, she runs great,we take her to car dealer for servicing, not going to get rid of her.

got mess cleared up about those tests i had fun on 24th dec. why my paperwork said one part of my body and tests done a whole different part. come to find out, doctor did write wrong part of body to be tested, test place caught mix up, doctor corrected it for them, no one informed me, but that mystery is solved. the correct part was tested, just no one ever got to me to tell me about the mix up.

ok guys, not much else. later, did normal chores,walks and such today.

later.

Honored Contributor

Good Tuesday Morning to all who post and read.Heart

❄️ WINTER SNOW GIF ❄️ | Winter scenes, Winter scenery, Beautiful birds

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

not much here today

light day for clean for me,. dh and i did majority of clean yesterday for tuesday.

dh brought his car in for his oil change, shop found his time belt also needed to be replaced. since he had car in shop my motto is get er' done. so belt was replaced.

did do bedding today changed for another week.

windy and chilly today. very sunny outside.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  Smiley Happy

Your picture with the cardinals   got me thinking about

how much Show  Me   loved  them.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Monday/snow

Tuesday/cold

Wednesday/more snow

With that forecast, I ran into the small town nearby and got what I needed for New Years Eve with my husband. He knows he'll need to get the snowblower out before work tomorrow. Luckily, his office is closed Thursday and Friday so we'll stay home and have nice dinners each evening. 

Honored Contributor

I'm worn out and I ache!

I ran out of bookcases, and had no space for any more ... but I figured I could "go up" and add a row of shelves.  So ..... I ordered some inexpensve "cube storage organizers" to sit on top of the low bookcases.  Bookcases are black, the organizers are black - so it looks pretty good.  Kind of cozy now here in my office/library corner of my apartment.

My idea was to move all my knitting/crochet books all together in the new shelves and switch and take my non-fiction and research books which had been in stacks on top of the aforementioned bookcases and put them where the knitting and crochet books are.  

First - the vendor included only enough connectors for the several layouts in their instruction booklet.  But - my layout required a lot more connectors - so I'm only put eight of them together. When I checked Amazon - lots of other people had the same issue - but Amazon had connectors!

One of my friends always tells me "remember how old you are!" 

Well,  should have remembered that before started crawling around on the floor puttng the organizers together.  Then moving all the books from the top of the bookcases to put the organizers there .... carrying them to the other room and droppng them on the floor - while I empty the bookcases and move all the knitting/crochet books to the new organizers.  Books are heavy.

I'm in the middle of the switch.  Stacks of stuff all over the place and I really don't feel like doing anything about those stacks until tomorrow.  

Guess I'll just clear a path from the bedroom through to the kitchen and worry about the mess tomorrow.  (I need to be able to get to the ktchen for a Tylenol!)

BUT - there was one high point  and it makes the pain bearable.  I found the European (German?) magazines that I had been looking for!  I thought I had inadvertently thrown them out!  Great magazine - but a few years ago they ceassed printing an English language version.  

I had a early supper.  Now - some coffee and crocheting .... I plan on vegging out the rest of the day.

Honored Contributor

A lot of work @ALRATIBA , but you won't regret finding an innovative storage solution. Your apartment will look so nice when you are done.