Super Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Our youngest, who is 8yrs, just spied the darling Christmas Box my MIL tole painted for us probably 25+ years ago. It's shaped like a snowy, wooden Santa house in the woods with all sorts of Christmassy decorations painted on all sides and a hinged opening along the rooftop to put in anything small. He was mesmerized. He went on and on about how beautiful it is and how cool it opens and closes and what a terrific artist she must be! It was one of those moments, so after all his delight, I had him stand before our lighted Christmas tree, holding the box, with his cheery smile, and took a picture to send to her with a little note about how wonderful we think she is and how we have her here with us even tho we can't be together this yearSmiley Happy  Hope she's pleased.

Valued Contributor

@foggy!  Thanks for such a nice post.  I'm sure the Christmas Box is lovely and your MIL will  treasure the picture. 

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Super Contributor

Very sweet of you to say masque, thank you.

She's been alone, inside her home throughout this pandemic, so I just wanted to brighten her day. I'm grateful to BIL who brings her groceries since we live out of state. She's a good person and I was happy to have a moment to show her we remember and appreciate her. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

under winter storm warning now. Had about 2 inch this afternoon which switched over to rain/ice/sleet.it is plain nasty outside.

otherwise not much else new

did chores, did both walks (this afternoon walk shorter because of the heavy snowfall/icing that was happening.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

@foggy! 

That is a something money can't buy.Heart..

I can just imagine seeing your m/i/l

surprised and very happy to see that picture.Heart

Your gift was so thoughtful and from your heart.Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Errands this morning in advance of the snow storm. Costco, Burlington, Walgreen's and the post office. About to make another batch of cookies, then dinner. Will cozy up in front of the fire and TV later and catch up on some magazines.

Super Contributor

Thank you cowboy sam. Friendly support like yours is also something you can't buy.Heart

Honored Contributor

Preparing for a freeze tonight in my area. 

All of you in the path of all this snow-be safe.Heart

mycozywinter: “Christmas Cat ” source: mycozywinter | Snow illustration,  Christmas cats, Beautiful gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@foggy! wrote:

Our youngest, who is 8yrs, just spied the darling Christmas Box my MIL tole painted for us probably 25+ years ago. It's shaped like a snowy, wooden Santa house in the woods with all sorts of Christmassy decorations painted on all sides and a hinged opening along the rooftop to put in anything small. He was mesmerized. He went on and on about how beautiful it is and how cool it opens and closes and what a terrific artist she must be! It was one of those moments, so after all his delight, I had him stand before our lighted Christmas tree, holding the box, with his cheery smile, and took a picture to send to her with a little note about how wonderful we think she is and how we have her here with us even tho we can't be together this yearSmiley Happy  Hope she's pleased.

@foggy!   The Christmas Box sounds lovely and what a wonderful item to pass along.  Tole painting was very popular when my DS was young.

Your MIL will be happy to be thought of in such a loving way.Heart

Be well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

Thank you Cakers. Good to see you here and hear your kindness.

MIL is quite artistic, mostly enjoying painting. She delights us all with her homemade birthday cards lately, too. She must have taken a class or ten cuz shes pretty amazing in such things. The kids save their cards in their "special things" boxes. She's an easy going MIL and she listens, so she makes it easy to love her and want to do for her. I hope my kids will have as good of feelings about us long after they're moved on! wink

Be safe in your new heavy wintery weather!