Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hey all

got my flu shot end of august, begin of September.

not much else tonight, busy day am so tired. Ok guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Happy Fall Y'all!

10 New Happy Autumn / Fall Quotes And Gifs

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

hello all

happy 1st day of autumn.

still a breezy ****** wind,but ever so nice

ok guys have to keep moving,walk time.later

Respected Contributor

Did two loads of laundry today. Will make chicken for dinner tonight,but haven't decided how I will make it or what else to have with it.

Will have to go with DH to pick up our motorcycle today when they call and say it's ready. Had to have some work done on it before planning any trips.Want to get to our other house before my surgery,but who knows.

Weather here is beautiful. It will get to 80 today and for the next few days.It gets cool at night,good for sleeping.

Have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today,

as usual many morn chores, folded huge load of laundry put that away,

got 1st walk in. 2nd walk coming up mighty fast.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Today I had to start my day with that dreaded trip to the DMV for license renewal.  

Our local DMV office is generally an in and out experience as long as your paperwork is in order.   The longest I ever waited was the one time I went after work, and they locked the door at 5:00 with more than 25 of us inside.  

Today there were 14 cars in the parking lot at 8:45 a.m.   Most people had made appts.   I was #3 on the walk-in list; waited 15 minutes to go inside, and it took about 15 minutes to get my new license.   The 2 people with appts who were taken in before me were sitting in chairs waiting when I left; everyone else with appts were still in their cars.   

Went to Kroger for a veggie run for teacher daughters "classroom pets", who have lived here more than they've been in the classroom!  Thanks to the virus, the guinea pigs are on "homebound instruction" this year, and the one thing they've learned is my footsteps and the sounds of me getting their food!  Once a week my daughter videos them and shares it with the class so they can see how much their little friends have grown.   

Came home and called mom to remind her of her medical appt on Friday.  I will have to call again on Friday morning to make sure she remembers to get ready.   I try to get her medical needs squared away by early October, as we try not to take her out in flu season, or nasty weather.   

Honored Contributor

Ever feel everyone else has their acts together but you are still behind??  lol

Dogs Vs Cats GIF by Boojibs | Gfycat

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Well I am doing something today that was not planned. We are going to our place up north as there is a water problem. Probably need a new well.Never have to worry about where to spend money. This is a year for us as far as spending money.So we will be there for a few days,have to be back as my surgery is next week.While we are there,might as well get some motorcycle riding in while the weather is nice.When I am riding on that motorcycle I feel young,as no one can tell my age with the jacket and helmet on. It just feels so neat and I'm glad I can still do it.You might be surprised to know a lot of riders are older.

Have a great week and take care.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo, sorry about the water problem. I know what you mean about spending money. For me this year it has been hot water heater, water softener, washer and dryer. Tuesday I had to have the battery replaced in my car. It never ends. 

• I hope you get some riding in, have the leaves started to turn?
Respected Contributor

@RetRN  The leaves have just barely started here,probably more so north. They should be a little further along,hope so,it will be nice for riding.