Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@Grand Happy wrote:
dooBdoo,
She told me she sent you a email.
I asked her if I could post a new thread with the poem, she said absolutely and loved it.
She knows how much you'll loved Showme and supported her.
She's feeling overwhelmed and saddened specially with the holidays, but knows she's in a better place. Keep praying for her 🙏

@Grand Happy @dooBdoo ....thank you both for letting us know that our dear Showme has passed.  I also posted on the poem thread by MaRina.  

Our hearts are broken and we are all sad.  We thank GOD and JESUS that Showme is no longer in pain and in heaven above.  Showme will be missed and she knew we all loved her and we knew she all loved us.

Rest in peace dear friend.  I know you are in a better place and I know you are with your Dad whom you were very close to and loved so much.  I am especially thankful that Showme's sister was able to be with her during this time and also grateful that Showme was in a place where her caretakers were there taking care of her.  

Honored Contributor

hello 

Hellie conveyed the sad news on the peppermint thread

Show me has gone to the gates above and she earned her just reward. She fought so hard to conquer this evil illness.

I will try to check in later.

Respected Contributor

I posted on the remember me thread also that I emailed Croemer and let her know.

I also emailed Benzi (also known as BabyFran) who used to post here regularly with us back in the day and she is sad to hear this news.  She wanted to send heartfelt condolescenes to everyone and especially to her dear sister.  She is heartbroken as we all are and will forever remember the good times we used to have on these threads starring our beloved Showme.  Rest in peace, dear friend.

Honored Contributor

Cats make me happy and they always know when I feel sad ...

I just got back on my computer a bit ago and just now read that ShowMe has gone Home to Heaven.   What a glorious Christmas she will have there.   She is so missed by many many friends here and on other threads but she'll live on in our memories.   A lovely spirited Lady we were lucky to know and have as a friend.  God bless ShowMe and may her beloved Mr. Lucky have a safe and happy life for years to come. 

Merry Christmas to all here and a wonderful New Year full of many joys and blessings. 

Raindrops and Roses

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Message of ShowMe's passing into Heaven

from her her sister to dooBdoo.

As mentioned to you earlier: 

Last Thursday.

December 19th, 2019. 12:30pm

What a Friend we have in Jesus.

Thank you @dooBdoo  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

For ShowMe's friend, dear snappyfrappy. 

@snappyfrappy , love NAES

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I knew ShowMe less than a year, but she had an impact on my life and that of so many others.  May she rest in peace after a brave battle that, from what I understand from others, lasted for several years.  She was one strong lady -- courageous for herself and compassionate for others who had struggles of their own.  Not too many people can manage to care deeply for others when they suffer.  She was rare.

As I noted several weeks ago, ShowMe revealed to us the beauty of everyday life.  Simple acts took on new meaning as she illuminated the joy of our ordinary days on Earth.

For some reason, her thread that was a tribute to life caught my eye, and at first we bonded over our high regard for our NASA astronauts.  I related to her that I had met a few in my time and even had the good fortune to interview several of them.  She then revealed that she and her husband had a major astronaut (whom they knew through their church) over for lunch in their home.  Was I ever impressed!   

Now ShowMe is among the stars, twinkling and possessing knowledge of the final life's adventure of our ordinary lives.  God bless her, and may her memory be eternal.

I will miss this dear lady, her encouraging words, excellent suggestions and her nightly sign-off of getting into her jammies and wishing all of us a good night of rest. 

Respected Contributor

To say I'm heartbroken is an understatement. It will not be the same without her. Of course I am glad she is free from pain now. I will miss her words of wisdom. We had a fifteen year friendship.. I miss her so much..I am just rambling.. I can't do this right now Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:
To say I'm heartbroken is an understatement. It will not be the same without her. Of course I am glad she is free from pain now. I will miss her words of wisdom. We had a fifteen year friendship.. I miss her so much..I am just rambling.. I can't do this right now Smiley Sad

@fourpaws56...Bless your heart, sweetie.  Yes, many of us here have been friends with Showme, for a long, long time.  With me, since 2011 and many of you, longer.  She will be greatly missed.  She will no longer be in pain and suffering.  She was a great and kind lady and we all had a wonderful time with her.  You take care, we are all here for each other and it is so understandable that you need some time.  ((HUGS))

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

Morning everyone.  Not so nice a day here.  Currently it is 37 with a light rain.  Much colder, it could be snow.  They are predicting snow today.  The high today is supposed to be 44, but not sure if it will make it without sunshine.  Tonight it is supposed to get down to 15......  That's pretty dang cold.  Glad I have my down blanket on the bed.

Am glad the mattress on my bed got turned.  Does make a difference and am sleeping much better now.  Not waking up with my back hurting as much.

Looking out the living room window right now.....And yes, it is snowing......no more rain.  And it has gotten pretty windy.  

Will be getting my knit and chenille tops in the drawers and then filling the containers with the summer tops.  Hope it doesn't take me too long.  That is a goal I have for today.  

Still in my jammies with a knit top over the jammy top.  It is keeping me nice and warm for now.  Will be getting dressed in a while.  Thank goodness the warmer pants are up here now.  

Have taken care of Mr. Lucky's wants and needs, and still need to take care of mine.  So with that, will be back later to check on what the weather will be like where all of you live.

Stay safe.....and stay warm.

This is the last post from ShowME.

'Stay safe.....and stay warm.'

Her day to day life, her struggles she deemed small.  She answered almost every post with an enthusiasm and welcomed everyone new to posting.

This was her thread and she was a great hostess.  I looked and saw that I posted a few days after she started this thread.  Of course, she was cordial and answered me with politeness.

Stay safe....and stay warm, my kind lady, into eternity.Heart