Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Sending out wishes for a good night to all.

@ShowMe  Hoping to hear when you are ready.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Related image

Honored Contributor

We took a trip along Lake Michigan shoreline. Fall colors were nice but not sensational. Biggest thing I noticed is how high the water is. 

Super Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

finally am here.

it has been a super busy day for me. DH is going back to sea tomorrow for 3 days so we had to get stuff done around the house today or else type thingy.

spent a majority of the day in shed, cleaning out stuff giving away to my church St. Vincent DePaul Society for poor families, also gave stuff to neighbors. 

dh took me to dollar general for some stuff. all put away with that junk.

ok guys will check in later

Hellie as I said in pumpkin cafe thread, we are here for you. You know the results you take one step at a time no matter how hard it is to stay positive please keep pushing for that small smile you can muster it will help not matter how down your are. 

@viva923  Does your husband really go out to sea ?

So you spent the day cleaning out the shed and giving to poor and neighbors and then

DH took you to Dollar General to BUY more "junk"......Doesn't that seem weird to you or am I just missing the point ?

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo, I am so sorry about your son. I will be thinking of you and praying that the chemo works. Please take care of yourself.

@ShowMe, less than a week until your sister arrives. I'm excited for you both. 

Wishing everyone here a nice day.

Respected Contributor

ShowMe, Just keep coming back here to see if you checked in on here. I want you to know if you need some inspiration and maybe some one to give you a hug you have cyber friends here ready to do what we can for you. Sending caring thoughts to you.

Respected Contributor

hellie, I am so sorry to read about your sil, my prayers are with yo and your family. I will be very honest it is really hard to  put on a good front that things are going to be okay. When you are so consumed with being afraid and wondering what news you are going to hear next it just drains all your strength out of a person. I have been in the same position you are in and it was a tough thing to do and if my Mom were still here instead of being in heaven she would tell you that I was the worst actress she used to say I wore my heart on my sleeve and face. Take care hellie.

Honored Contributor

I hadn’t been out of this house since last Thursday, but started this day with an early run to the grocery store.   If I can’t get there between 8:30 - 10:00 a.m., I’d rather not go at all.   

I have started my winter pantry stocking already; am good with canned and frozen items, but was down to one single onion, no bread, and the last dozen of eggs.   All my husband needed to say was “we’re out of dog food” to realize this is bad!   

Also filled my gas tank; $2.55 a gallon at Sheetz.   

Trucker daughter is headed home, so I’ll be in the kitchen this weekend.   Kielbasa with peppers and onions probably tomorrow, and pork roast, green beans and slaw on Sunday.   

Honored Contributor

hey all

finally am on, 

doctor check this morn, not a good appoint. put on another pill to see if that will help in anyway, sure hope it does. no one can explain why this is happening.

Keybra, my husband is retired navy, he was at sea for many long years. because he is on shift working now, this weekend he is working 3 days straight i just say he is out to sea because i really don't get to see him (he works 12-15 hour days) comes home showers, bed, gets up at 430am and back to work he goes. only see dh on his days off .,  so when I say he is out to sea, it is just like when he was in the navy never got to see him till ship was back in port. was just joking when I said I cleaned out the shed and dh took me shopping so i could fill it back up again.

anyway, not much else, will check in later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923   You are a gracious person.