Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Well here we go again. I'm sitting on my balcony watching helicopters and airplanes trying to put out a fire that's less than 10 miles from our home
Honored Contributor

CARDINALS JUST WON GAME 4 IN THE 10TH INNING.  Final score 5 to 4.  Thank you Yadi.......  

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56.....oh so sorry to read this.  You know how to stay safe, and am sure you will do your dead level best to do that.  Just be ready to leave if you have to.  

Take care sweetie....prayers going your way.

Honored Contributor

Finally.....my new toilet is going to be installed this Wednesday morning around 11:00.....Thank goodness.  Mark knew it better be done this week.....  He couldn't have any excuses any more.

This has really been a pretty good day for me.  It's about time.  Accomplished quite a bit.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeautyLver may be a little unsympathetic but she is not unkind. Please don't take it that way.

When your Dr. presented your case to the Cancer Board, there

was nothing presented but the actual file. They do not know you they just know that , on paper, there is no remission. But NO ONE can tell you when it is " time to meet your maker". Not your Dr or the cancer board or Hospice. There are many things that hospice can provide however :

Massages, help around the house, clergy , hospital equipment, daily new friends coming into the house, medical and nursing, phlebotomy , washing hair and yourself, etc all at no charge. Your sister would not have to pay for a new toilet, for example. They would handle it . 

You might also want to think of leaving the Maria's in the past and get foods from Meals On Wheels. All of the stuff you consume becomes more important than ever. 

Fruits, veggies, whole grain bread, fresh fish and a little bit of meats, etc. NO PROCESSED FOOD.

These are all suggestions and you can do what you decide is best for you.

Super Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:
Well here we go again. I'm sitting on my balcony watching helicopters and airplanes trying to put out a fire that's less than 10 miles from our home

I wouldn't know about a fire that was 10 miles away unless I read it in the paper the next day. You must live on a very flat land. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Keybra wrote:

@BeautyLver may be a little unsympathetic but she is not unkind. Please don't take it that way.

When your Dr. presented your case to the Cancer Board, there

was nothing presented but the actual file. They do not know you they just know that , on paper, there is no remission. But NO ONE can tell you when it is " time to meet your maker". Not your Dr or the cancer board or Hospice. There are many things that hospice can provide however :

Massages, help around the house, clergy , hospital equipment, daily new friends coming into the house, medical and nursing, phlebotomy , washing hair and yourself, etc all at no charge. Your sister would not have to pay for a new toilet, for example. They would handle it . 

You might also want to think of leaving the Maria's in the past and get foods from Meals On Wheels. All of the stuff you consume becomes more important than ever. 

Fruits, veggies, whole grain bread, fresh fish and a little bit of meats, etc. NO PROCESSED FOOD.

These are all suggestions and you can do what you decide is best for you.

@Keybra.....No one was present other than Dr. G, the oncologists on staff at the hospital and his Lung Navigator (Advocate)....  You are correct, no one can tell me when it is my time.....    

In my talks I been having with Dr. G, he is providing me with all the material he can so that I know what I possibly will be taking.  

He knows I am taking care of myself now....like taking showers, dressing, changing my sheets, doing my dishes, cooking some healthy foods, like tonight I had steamed veggies....  As far as Marie's dinners go, I don't have them on a daily basis.  When I do, it is usually a chicken dinner that has rice, frozen veggies, and some fruit (Sweet N Sour chicken)....and other meals like that.  I know brown rice is better for us, none of the frozen foods include that kind of rice.  

I am still in the decision making process now, and today Dr. G said I should take the time I need to make the right decision.  Nothing is going to happen or change in a week or two.  

The reason for the new toilet is because I have arthritis in both knees, and getting on and off the toilet is what is difficult for me.  My knees don't cause me any other problems....like getting in and out of the tub when I'm getting my shower....do have an excellent and very sturdy grab bar on the wall near the back part of the tub....can reach it when I'm showering and when I am finished drying off as much as I can and am ready to exit the tub.  

Was only hospitalized once, and yes that was because I had fallen in the hall at the bathroom door.  But did manage to get myself up.....after a while.  The reason I was hospitalized was because 2 days later I was having quite a bit of pain in my back.  Did call 911 for that service.  The ambulance took me to the hospital ER.  At that I had an open would tumor on my back, and it was infected.  So was treated with IV antibiotics for that and given drugs for the pain in my back.  Fractured the T11 in my back.  From the hospital I went to a closeby rehab center to get rehab.  From there I was released to my apartment and was assigned therapists that came to me and worked very closely in getting me able to take care of myself.  After all of that I was able to drive, do my own grocery shopping, etc.  But could not be on my feet for a very long time without starting to have pain.  Was given pain medication, but just was not happy about that.  Didn't want to become addicted to them, so I started taking Tylenol ES....which the Dr. said I could take....  To this day, the only time I take the Tylenol is when I am really having a lot of pain....and that is mostly in my knees.

I'm not feeling like I am ready for Hospice at this point, and when I am, think I will know it.  Until then, I am going to continue to do what I've been doing.  

The chemo pill (if that is my choice) will only be 1 pill every 3 weeks.  Then I have to be seen by Dr. G before I receive another pill.  The pills are shipped to me, so I don't have to be in contact with a pharmacy for it.  

My sister is coming here 2 weeks from Thursday, and if I do decide to do the pill, may wait until she has left to return home.  She will be with me for 5 days.  It's a short visit because she has doctors of her own she has to see on a regular basis.  She is 2 1/2 years older than I am.  I turned 79 this past May.  Not in my 80's yet.  And this is my 2nd go round with cancer.  Was on treatment for the other for 4 years....and fortunately that cancer is in remission.

Think I have filled you in on what is going on with me.  I am ok, and will be as long as possible.

Respected Contributor

Thank you show me. Not looking good there is a Sheriff at. the end of our driveway..could be evacuated tonight
Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:
Thank you show me. Not looking good there is a Sheriff at. the end of our driveway..could be evacuated tonight

@fourpaws56....no sweetie, that's not good.  Hope your son is home from work now.  And hope they have a good place for you to evacuate to.  Keep us posted on this, and will continue with prayers.

Honored Contributor

Ok, have done a lot of thinking since I did my last long post a while ago.  That is the last time I will be doing that.  Don't feel I need to defend what is going on with my care.  I have superb medical care, and am satisfied with the care I have been given so far.  And if I don't agree with the doctor, I let him know, and know why.  Everyone who is suffering with cancer is cared for in different ways....far be it from be to give them advice.  

I have my faith, and do believe.....  Believe God will be guiding me in the right direction.  Have to be quiet and listen.....the answer will come.

And with this, let me say SWEET DREAMS everyone, and remember those hugs and kisses.  Blessings on all of you.