Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hey all

not much tonight.

ran my 2 errands, but have to go back to grocery store tonight. i picked up 2 wrong items.

my new clothes line arrived. going to try putting it up tonight and see how much work it will be. this is a handmade clothes line out if Iowa. hope it fits into my old base that has been cemented into the ground.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here it is Friday, the 13th.....to me it is not an unlucky day.  It's a beautiful day here, and will be a lovely evening down at the stadium for tonight's game.

I know it has been a number of days since I have posted on here...and thought it was time I get on here.  I am just ok....  it's been a pretty rough week for me.....but I'm ok....  The time off I took from here was necessary for me to clear out my head.  Too much just made me not be my normal self, and I didn't like that.  So, now I'm back....and will limit my time on here.  

Now, a little bit about what has gone on.....  Had a call from my Sheri.....we both cried so hard.....  She has ceased getting her chemo treatments.....she is in remission, but not happy with her quality of life.  After we talked about that, she informed me that she had her gall bladder removed the day before, and then sent her home the next day.  If she hadn't been a cancer patient they would have sent her home the same day of the removal.  She said it was about ready to explode....and had a lot of sludge in that area.  Good thing they removed it when they did.  She is now wondering if that could have been what was making her feel like she needed to throw up so much of the time....and not the chemo.  Guess she will find out now.  Don't know if she will go back to get chemo or not.  Dr. G is not pushing her on this....and guess if she wants to go back on it, he will let her.    They do have her on all kinds of meds right now, and one is a happy pill.  Glad for that.  We did talk about other things (my situation), but will not go into that right now.

Was able to get a new toilet seat yesterday.  What a difference an adult toilet seats makes vs a child's toilet seat.  The maintenance man laughed out loud when he saw it.  Also, with my clothes on, I showed it how awful it was for me....and also how difficult it is for me to get up and off.....he will be speaking to management about this.

There is more that has gone on, but just don't feel like posting about it.

Monday, I go to see the Radiologist for consult.  Lynn that lives above where Linda lived, is taking me.  She has offered to take me out to the hospital any time I need a ride.  Yep, I count my blessings every day.....

Will be watching the game tonight.  Playing the Brewers here for the weekend.  Should be interesting and am looking forward to it.  Was not really pleased with the Colorado games.....except yesterdays.  That altitude really gets to out of town players there, and they know it, and take advantage of it.  Cardinals are still doing very well....and hopefully they will be even better this weekend.

Ok, think this will do it for me now.  Need to get some dinner before watching the game.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Honored Contributor

hello all

SHOW ME so extra good to hear from you was getting a might bit worried about you.

after dinner dh i beat feet to Lowes / walmart / super g /  CVS. 

One load of clothes folded and put away. the 2nd load in dryer now.

could not see the full moon tonight. Heavy cloud cover is thick tonight. Have house opened up tonight.

ok all see all in the morn

Valued Contributor

@ShowMe 

We all are worried and dependant on you to show up, love and miss you!  Do the "Right Thing" for youself

Praying for you !

Honored Contributor

Hope you watched the game last night @ShowMe . Your Cardinals really took it to my Brewers 10-0! Today I'll be preparing for a family reunion but wanted to briefly check in.

Honored Contributor

hey all

bunch of stuff here today

the tree trimmer came and cut another trunk off that tree in between my house and neighbors house. all the trunks are cut away from house,the tree is rotting out i refuse to let it fall anywhere near my house or cars. neighbor man wants the tree gone too but won't pay to get the tree cut back that is now all over his house.

did find out something today now all makes sense. dh let it slip this morn something about why he was put on shift.  another man who has been there less than 1 year was left on days to take over dh spot, dh is earning top dollar for the 30 yrs he has worked at this place, they are forcing him out this way. am waiting for them to put dh on nights next. this company is low and divious as far as i am concerned. i don't trust them. dh still does not see what they are doing, they are doing garbage the legal way to force him out to retirement. now all is making sense what they are doing. working long hours, weekend and all holidays. yup, now it all makes sense.

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday.....it's a beautiful early evening here....  It should be lovely down at the ball park.

Haven't stopped since I got up at 9:00 this morning.  Was awakened at 5:20 with a very loud knock on the door.  Couldn't tell if it was the front or back.  But needless to say, I didn't go to see who it was.  No, I wasn't dreaming.  Found out later in the morning that it was the UPS delivery guy.  He had a very heavy package for me from my sister.  When I went to stoop over to pick it up, it was too heavy for me, so got it over the threshold into the kitchen, and got it up from there.  Put it in a chair in the living room to open later.  

Spent a good amount of time on changing my sheets.  Finally got the pillow cases on a little bit ago.  Bed is now ready for me to climb into tonight....after the game.  Jeanne will be here at about 10:00 in the morning to do my laundry.  Have several new things that need to be laundered too.  Want to be dressed and have the bed made before she gets here, so will try to get up at 8:30.  She should be done by the time the afternoon game starts.  And hopefully I can keep up with her in putting things away.  At least I will try.

Think the game starts at about 6:15, so I better go get my supper heated up.....left overs.  

Here's hoping everyone has a nice Saturday night. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

SHOW ME so extra good to hear from you was getting a might bit worried about you.

after dinner dh i beat feet to Lowes / walmart / super g /  CVS. 

One load of clothes folded and put away. the 2nd load in dryer now.

could not see the full moon tonight. Heavy cloud cover is thick tonight. Have house opened up tonight.

ok all see all in the morn

@viva923.....that moon was simply beautiful.  Glad I got to see it.  Will look for it again tonight when I get ready for bed.  

Honored Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

@ShowMe 

We all are worried and dependant on you to show up, love and miss you!  Do the "Right Thing" for youself

Praying for you !

@ripka junkie....Thanks.....  I just needed some time to think and get my head cleared out.  Think it was the "Right Thing" I had to do.  

Thanks for praying for me.  Really means a lot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Hope you watched the game last night @ShowMe . Your Cardinals really took it to my Brewers 10-0! Today I'll be preparing for a family reunion but wanted to briefly check in.

@AuntG......yep, I did watch it.  Wouldn't have missed it for the world.  Hope they can do it again tonight.  There was just no stopping them last night.  The weather is fantastic here this evening.

Heard something interesting....did you know the baseballs are now smaller????  Yep, the announcers said that last night.  So many changes being made in Major League Baseball, and hard to keep up with them.