Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

PREDS.....hope you found my response to your post.....if not, please look for it.  

I did.  Yes, I had the procedure.  That's how they knew which "drugs" to use in my latest round of chemo cocktails.  It was easy compaired to all my other struggles.  I know nothing about radiation except that my ex and his sister have recently been thru it and came out winners.  They have both told me it was a walk in the park compared to what I'm experiencing.

To give you a quick update:

I have been in and out of the hospital a few times because of severe complications.  Still have problems and have been told I always will.  Still not able to drive so that's a royal pain.  I was use to always being on the go.

I have retired because of my health.  Tried working from home but that only lasted a few months.  Miss working, but there was no way I could continue.

Have lost all my hair, including eyebrows and eyelashes.  LOL  No need for makeup anymore.

Treatments are every three weeks and not able to eat solid food for 10 to 12 days after due to mouth blisters and swollen throat.  Tends to make me a very grumpy person.  You know I love my food.

DD and hubby are healthy and happy.  She does have some complications from e-coli, but they are trying to get her straightened out.  Spends a lot of time traveling for work and pleasure.  Seems they are always on the go.

DH is still working on his wooden projects, when he's not having to take care of me.  He, DD and SIL are total blessings.  SIL not oly treats DD like a queen, he treats me the same way.  If I'm in the hospital and DD is out of town, he's right there ... for hours ... I have to make him go home.  I am blessed.

DH and I got married.  After 20 plus years together, we marked it off our TO DO LIST.  DD was thrilled and our friends were shocked.  We didn't tell them.  LOL  DD and SIL were the only ones that knew ahead of time.  That's the way we wanted it.

Dealing with a lot of health issues, but I made it past my "experation date:.  LOL  Still not ready to fight the devil for control of Hades so I'll keep fighting the fight ... and winning.

There are plenty more disgusting things, but that's the highlights.  Hope you feel updated now.

Take time to listen to your friends.  One day they won't be here to share.  I've lost many and miss them daily.  Their pain and struggles are  just as important as yours ... maybe more so.

@Preds Heart congrats to you and hubby on your marriage.   I'm so pleased you are blessed with a caring  sil.  Your daughter picked well. 

Prayers are being sent your way.  You, like @ShowMe , and so many others, are strong women who help the rest of us find our strength.  Thank you. 

Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Thank you @dmod nj .  Yes, I am truly blessed and I say Thanks for it every day.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@ShowMe  I hope things go well for you tomorrow at your appointment.Will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers.

@viva923  I love brats also.Good with some stone ground mustard.

I pray for everyone on here dealing with illness.There is not much people can do on these forums to help people except to pray and be here for people to vent.I find it encouraging that there are so many people that care.

@hellie jo....dog gone it....wish I could get to the phone faster.  The doctor that did the biopsy last week called....and I could not get to the phone fast enough.  He did not leave a message.  I did try to call him back, but guess he was with another patient.  Am sure he was calling with the results of last week.  Oh well, will get it from Dr. G. tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your well wishes.  All the prayers and positive thoughts are much appreciated.  Yep, you may be certain I am scared and very anxious.  Thank goodness there is a game I can watch tonight.

Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@Preds wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

PREDS.....hope you found my response to your post.....if not, please look for it.  

I did.  Yes, I had the procedure.  That's how they knew which "drugs" to use in my latest round of chemo cocktails.  It was easy compaired to all my other struggles.  I know nothing about radiation except that my ex and his sister have recently been thru it and came out winners.  They have both told me it was a walk in the park compared to what I'm experiencing.

To give you a quick update:

I have been in and out of the hospital a few times because of severe complications.  Still have problems and have been told I always will.  Still not able to drive so that's a royal pain.  I was use to always being on the go.

I have retired because of my health.  Tried working from home but that only lasted a few months.  Miss working, but there was no way I could continue.

Have lost all my hair, including eyebrows and eyelashes.  LOL  No need for makeup anymore.

Treatments are every three weeks and not able to eat solid food for 10 to 12 days after due to mouth blisters and swollen throat.  Tends to make me a very grumpy person.  You know I love my food.

DD and hubby are healthy and happy.  She does have some complications from e-coli, but they are trying to get her straightened out.  Spends a lot of time traveling for work and pleasure.  Seems they are always on the go.

DH is still working on his wooden projects, when he's not having to take care of me.  He, DD and SIL are total blessings.  SIL not oly treats DD like a queen, he treats me the same way.  If I'm in the hospital and DD is out of town, he's right there ... for hours ... I have to make him go home.  I am blessed.

DH and I got married.  After 20 plus years together, we marked it off our TO DO LIST.  DD was thrilled and our friends were shocked.  We didn't tell them.  LOL  DD and SIL were the only ones that knew ahead of time.  That's the way we wanted it.

Dealing with a lot of health issues, but I made it past my "experation date:.  LOL  Still not ready to fight the devil for control of Hades so I'll keep fighting the fight ... and winning.

There are plenty more disgusting things, but that's the highlights.  Hope you feel updated now.

Take time to listen to your friends.  One day they won't be here to share.  I've lost many and miss them daily.  Their pain and struggles are  just as important as yours ... maybe more so.

@Preds.......Thanks for filling me in on what has been going on in your life.  Would have responded yesterday, but thought that since some were responding to this post, would let them have at it first.  

Had no idea what all you have been going through.  Was left out at the beginning of your ordeal because of FB.  Don't do it and never will.  

Thank goodness for the many procedures folks suffering with cancer can get.  Biopsies are so important.  And yes, many of the procedure treatments are uncomfortable, but a must.  Sorry about the complications you have been having.  In and out of the hospital, losing your hair, brows and lashes, not being able to eat after treatments, and so much more.  You are so fortunate to have your DH, DD, SIL, and others that have been there for you to help where ever they can.  That is wonderful support.  

Was happy to read that you and DH got married.  Congratulations on that.....what a surprise for your friends.  

Know you are such a strong willed individual, and know you will continue the battle.  Please don't ever give up.  You are too special to do that.  

Know you miss not working and not driving.....  Maybe in the near future you will be able to drive again.  If not, enjoy your rides with those that take you places.  

Your last paragraph really hit home.  Listening to others is so important.....they may not be having the same kind of pain we are going through, but to them it is pain.  Just lost a very dear friend and neighbor 2 weeks ago.  Kept watching her go down hill.  That broke my heart because there was nothing I could do.  Was not physically able to help her.  We did talk a lot on the phone towards the end.....  She was a real sweetheart.  

This has been a long hard battle for you....and here's praying that you will continue to have the strength to continue fighting it.  So far, you have done a very good job of it.  Yes, you are such a beautiful and loving person....  Beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.  Will continue to keep you in my daily prayers.  

You have absolutely no idea what kind of, what degree of pain anyone may be going through, is going through.  

@BeautyLver.....totally uncalled for.  The same goes to you.....you have no idea either.  Believe me, I know what pain is....and yes, I have it every day.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Preds 

thinking about you today and your very kind words to me on another threadHeartIt ment a lot to me   giving you gentle ((((((((hugs))))))))))))Heart

A few years ago i got bored with my old user name and changed it to this one  and some how lost my orginal sing up date at the Q   back in 2008....so i have posted with you off and on over many years  even on the old mr. lucky .....and on many other placesHeart

Wishing you aday of Smiley Happy

@cowboy sam.....OMGosh, now I remember you.  Yep....and you haven't changed one bit.....

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@ShowMe , it’s true. You could have participated in the shout out threads or started one of your own. @Preds would have responded. That’s just who she is. 

❤❤

Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@ShowMe , it’s true. You could have participated in the shout out threads or started one of your own. @Preds would have responded. That’s just who she is. 

❤❤

@BeautyLver.....have enough on this thread to keep me busy....am content with it.  I don't do FB anyhow.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe   I have been on this board since 2007 (my sign up date is messed as it is for many others after one upgrade).

I have followed you in your journey right from the start.  I think any posts from back then are now gone.

I will say that this thread has given me respite many, many, many times and I thank you for it.

As with all good intentions, sometimes threads such as this tend to go astray; it can be disheartening for you and many of us to see it.  It happened to one of my threads to a terminally ill poster to the point it was removed for good.  I still miss her.

I don't want to see this happen here because some will become discouraged and friendships will start to fall by the wayside.  We may be anonymous but we are still real people behind our screens.

I will say, and this is not to you, that knowing Preds all these years I can say she would not like to be the center of some of the remarks being made;  I am going to kindly suggest that people who are still fairly new step back a bit.

I've seen a lot in my 12 years here; births, deaths, illness, happiness, sorrow, laughter, tears.  I've known offline many good folks; some have passed away.

I like to think that at least on this thread we can just post without having to keep picking at a scab.  We cannot heal if we cannot just let things be.

I think everyone here has a good heart and mean well; sometimes we don't express ourselves the way we would like but I'm also keenly aware that not everything can be as it seems.

You just carry on; "don't give up yet it will get brighter".  I know you are scared.  The rest does't matter.

I am truly sorry if my posts are deemed arguing or baiting; I am really trying to tie up loose ends here and make some peace which all of us really need.

Be well everyone.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I used to come here because I found it to be a caring, thoughtful, joyous, and peaceful place to share things honestly with others without judgment or criticism. I no longer feel that way and have cut back on posting. I have always been a happy person, someone who enjoys life and will not allow others who seem to be bitter and feel the need to be nasty to bring me down. We all face challenges and obstacles in life and I think most people do the best they can with the tools they have to work with. We are all aging adults and life is short. Why people choose to act the way they do I will never know or understand. Kindness to others costs nothing, think about the golden rule.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3.....Well dear lady.....very well put.  I am going to do my dead level best to keep this thread going.  

Agree with you.....don't believe PREDS wants to be the center of attention....at least not like it has been today and yesterday.......  Am sure her post responding to my post was very difficult for her.....know mine was difficult for me....  Have always liked PREDS, and there is an ache in my stomach when stuff like today goes on.

That is why I call this thread a safe haven and home.  No making fun of the posters, no making nasty jabs at each other....etc.  Yes, it's been one long journey....and not at the end of the road.....will fight it all the way.  

Between this thread and baseball, I am a happy camper here.  Am watching tonight's game right now.  Sure hope the Cards win again.  It's a beautiful evening here.  

How did your DH's doctor appointment go this morning???

Took a nice long snooze this afternoon, so didn't get to get my shower and wash my hair.  Will get up very early in the morning to do that.  Will leave here about 10:10.  So as soon as the game is over, will be going to bed.  

Here's hoping you have a wonderful rest of your evening.