Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

WHAT A GAME.....  Yep, the Cardinals won 11 to 9.  Boy, it has been a very exciting game....  It would take a lot of typing to tell you all about it, so I will spare you that.  But, I am one happy camper this evening.

Off tomorrow, then off to KC.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I expected to be cooking a big dinner and doing laundry today, but instead, am enjoying a lazy day.  

Husband and teacher daughter left at daylight for the big flea market, and should be back around 5:00.  

Trucker daughter is on her way back, but doesn’t figure she’ll be home until tomorrow afternoon.   

The only thing on our calendar this week is another recheck appt upstate, so that’s 6 hours travel time, 2 hours in the clinic, and 2 very tired people by the time we get home!  We do expect the surgeon to be very pleased with the level of healing, and are anxious to hear what comes next as far as the level of care.   My husband is anxious to be able to wear shoes again, but am not sure his wound is ready for that just yet.   

@RedTop....glad you are enjoying your day today.  Figure your DD did the driving to the flea market.  That is a nice way to spend a Sunday.

Hope for good report on your DH on his recheck.  Maybe your DH will ge able to wear a shoe soon.  Please keep us posted.  

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

national lazy day, did not spend any lazy weekend this past weekend. we had a super busy day again here. we got many chores finished and out of the way as well as outside work around the house.

Show Me, the Phils are plain awful. Lost another one to SF Giants. the announcers were commenting with all the big names they have on the Phils, they could fight there way out of a paper sack now. I believe this was 6 straight losses for them.

did get both walks in today and hung out a small load of laundry.

make crock pot lagzana today. it is good meal.

ok guys will check in later.

@viva923.....Nope, you have not had a lazy weekend.  Sounds like you accomplished a lot.  Glad it was  you, and not me.  

That is so sad about the Phillies.  Wonder what their problem is.  That is a lot of losses.  

Glad you were able to get your walks in today.  Knew you would find time to get some laundry done.

Dinner sounds like it will be mighty good.  Enjoy.  Bet it smells good in your house now.

Now it's time to enjoy your Sunday night.  Have a good one.

Honored Contributor

not to much going on around here tonight.

dh made homemade lagzana tonight. It was delicious. Slow cooked lagzana.

not much else going on. See all in the morn

Frequent Contributor

Excercise at the Y and to the post office for a QVC return

Honored Contributor

@nickycat wrote:

Excercise at the Y and to the post office for a QVC return

@nickycat.....Don't believe we've seen you on this thread before.  Welcome and hope you will come back.  We sort of call this our safe haven.....  Most of us post on here every day, and those that don't come on freuently.  

Hope you have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

Morning on this Monday.  Supposed to be a hot one here today.....like to about 98.  And should be cooling off to the upper 80s in about 2 days.

Last evening I had a phone call from the neighbor, Lynn, across from us on the other side of the drive through.  She called to let me know that Linda, my friend that retired last year from Panera Bread, had passed away this past Friday morning in the hospital.  She went into the hospital because she had a hernia and it was hurting her very badly....so her daughter took her.  They did surgery, and after that her blood pressure went bonkers all over the place.  The put her in ICU, While doing all kinds of testing on her before the surgery, the found she had cancer in several different parts of her body.  She had 3 children, and all 3 were with her when she passed.  They asked that they cease trying to revive her and let her go.  Those were her own wishes.  

Linda's son stopped by Lynn's Friday to let her know.  She had her mailbox key, which Linda placed under her front door mat so she could get Linda's mail until she came home.  The son asked Lynn not to tell anyone until Sunday, and not to say anything to owners.  They would be taking care of that.  She will have her wake this evening and funeral tomorrow at Jefferson Barracks cemetery....military cemetery....where her husband was buried.  Needless to say, I was very upset last evening.  I had called her one day last week asking her to call me back.  She never returned my call, which was not like her.  She will be greatly missed here.  So sad.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe, so sorry to hear of Linda's passing. I know you will miss her, extending my deepest sympathy. 

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe  So sorry to hear of your friend Linda"s passing.Sending heartfelt condolences to you.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMeI am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you during this difficult time.....