Super Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

have had turkey breast simmering all day in slow cooker., reheating cooked rice as our side. dh is doing the weekly grocery shopping tonight.

still warm here, but humidity is lower. winds shifted out of west today.

did get my afternoon walk in. picked up mail. 

that is about all for now. will check in later.

@viva923  I never made a turkey breast in the slow cooker. My mouth is now watering.

How did you make it ?

Respected Contributor

ShowMe , I saw the results of your Dr. appointment some of it good some of it to worry about. Just want you to know that me and I think everyone on here will walk right beside you and be there for you. You are one special kind and good lady aways gracious and ready to welcome any one who joins in on this site. Just try to hang in there and think positive.You have gone through so much these past couple years and even when you were feeling your worse you always gave the words of wisdom to all of us. When I think about this darn leg that is driving me up a wall and then my mind and thoughts start thinking about you and all you have endured I try to tell my self to get a grip and quit complaining about this leg. I sure hope that your eye appointment went well for you today. I will get back to you later just know that you are thought about ,cared about, and prayers are said for you all the time. Have to go and write some checks out.

Honored Contributor

@viva923.....Will be telling about the checkup in my morning post on here.

About the sale of the complex.....at least I am safe for almost a year, I am staying put.  This may all be a good thing....  And if it would turn out that I would have a big increase in rent, sister told me she would take care of having someone come in and pack me up, and to get rid of things I won't be needing, including things down in my locker.  I really don't need 2 bedrooms any more, so that would make finding and renting some place else a little easier.  She said she would also pay for the move.  But, we will be seeing what will happen.

Hope you have a great Friday.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Good luck today, ShowMe.  

One day at a time.  Right?  These days such an approach is called "mindfulness."  How often I have to remind myself to just take it as it comes.

@golding76.....yes, it is "one day at a time."   

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Thanks! @ShowMe ..I was sad to read your post from you latest doctor visit....while there was some good news, the bad news is a bitter pill to swallow. Take care, rest and try to just take one day at a time. 

@Mom2Dogs......Thanks, and yes, Goldie said the same thing.  

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

have had turkey breast simmering all day in slow cooker., reheating cooked rice as our side. dh is doing the weekly grocery shopping tonight.

still warm here, but humidity is lower. winds shifted out of west today.

did get my afternoon walk in. picked up mail. 

that is about all for now. will check in later.

@viva923.....the turkey breast sounds wonderful.  Bet it was delicious.  Glad you got the afternoon walk in.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Nothing special going on here today. Weather is nice and should be through the weekend. 

@hellie jo, so happy to hear the good news that the biopsy showed no malignancy. What a relief for you.

@ShowMe, hope the glaucoma check went well.  Also, hope your Cardinals can win Fri., Sat., and Sun.

Wishing you all a nice day.

@RetRN.....glad you're having good weather.

Will be telling of yesterday's checkup a little later.

I will be watching the game tonight. 

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

ShowMe , I saw the results of your Dr. appointment some of it good some of it to worry about. Just want you to know that me and I think everyone on here will walk right beside you and be there for you. You are one special kind and good lady aways gracious and ready to welcome any one who joins in on this site. Just try to hang in there and think positive.You have gone through so much these past couple years and even when you were feeling your worse you always gave the words of wisdom to all of us. When I think about this darn leg that is driving me up a wall and then my mind and thoughts start thinking about you and all you have endured I try to tell my self to get a grip and quit complaining about this leg. I sure hope that your eye appointment went well for you today. I will get back to you later just know that you are thought about ,cared about, and prayers are said for you all the time. Have to go and write some checks out.

@cater.....your words are always a big comfort.  But, just remember your pain is something you have been dealing with for some time now.  And, it is real to you.  Have been including this in my nightly prayers.  Take care dear friend.

I too have to write a few checks today.  Those darn bills just keep coming, and do need to be paid.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@viva923.....Will be telling about the checkup in my morning post on here.

About the sale of the complex.....at least I am safe for almost a year, I am staying put.  This may all be a good thing....  And if it would turn out that I would have a big increase in rent, sister told me she would take care of having someone come in and pack me up, and to get rid of things I won't be needing, including things down in my locker.  I really don't need 2 bedrooms any more, so that would make finding and renting some place else a little easier.  She said she would also pay for the move.  But, we will be seeing what will happen.

Hope you have a great Friday.

@ShowMe...hopefully, you will be able to continue renting in your complex. Does your town have a cap on how much they can raise the rent with a new lease? We had a cap when we rented. The building was converted to a co-op but since the units were not selling, they quickly turned it back into a rental. The Landlord told me that they prefer to rent to tenants who have a good history of paying their rent then to have new tenants that may or may not pay. We continued to live there for a few more years and the new management was about the same in regard to maintainance.

Here is hoping that you won't have to deal with moving. Heart

Everyone have a great Friday! The humidity here broke and it is just warm and sunny....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11.....I know of no cap on raising rents.....  But usually new owners know what the going rate for these types of apartments in the area are going for, and if they make it too expensive, the will have vacant apartments for a while.  

There would have to be a lot of improvements in these apartments for them to make them too expensive to rent.  Here again is the waiting game.  Am just wondering how long we will have to wait to find out who the new owner's will be.  

I too hope I won't have to deal with moving.

Hope you have a great Friday too.