Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Morning everyone.  It is sunny out there and the same kind of weather we've been having and will continue to have.

Slept very well, except for waking up to go down the hall a couple of times.  Got to bed last night at about 8:30.  Was totally exhausted.  Jeanne got here earlier than I expected, and that was good.  She got all the laundry done and I stayed pretty close to keeping up with her in putting the clothes away as she brought them up.  Did get it all done except for knit tops....will do them today or whenever.....lol

Lynn, who lives upstairs across the drive through, called me in the afternoon to see how my appointment went.  She was concerned.  She also told me that in the morning while I was gone there were some (3) men that were here....the took pictures of the inside of our back hall....Theresa's door, the stairwell going upstairs, and the basement door.  Then she saw them over at the apartment building connected to her's.  They did the same thing only in the front hall.  After that they headed to the entrance to our complex and took some pictures there because there is a brick wall there with the name of the complex and a flower bed.  Then they headed back to the front of Lynn's building where there is a rental sign.  We both think they were the new owners to be.  She did say she confronted Rich (the maintenance man) about what is going on, and he just said he knew something was in the works, but couldn't talk about it.  

After that and the police call, I decided I would call Gary to let him know what was going on here and about the police warning.  Said he knew there were some breakin problems....but didn't know anything about the men being here.....  He did say he was here while I was gone because he commented that my car was gone.  He knows, but just not talking about it.  I did tell him that we do look out for each other and know something is going on.  We are not dumb.  Just wonder when it will be finalized and we have something in writing.

Haven't watched any of the LA game series, but the Cardinals lost the first 2 games.  They will be playing this afternoon starting at 2:00......so I will be watching that.  They are going to blow it this year.....just have that feeling.

The first person I called when I got home yesterday was my sister.  We both did our share of crying.  She has a lot of trust in Dr. G, and said he will do what is best for me.  She did say she would come if needed, but it would be very hard on her.  Told her not to worry about that, I will get by.....  I know she is not in the best shape now and it would be very difficult for her.  Plus with her shoulder situation, don't think she could manage being in my apartment....like the height of the toilet as an example....and I know I couldn't help her with her luggage, etc.  It just wouldn't work out.  Yes, this is sad that we can't be together, but it is what it is.

Lynn just dropped of my prescription for me.  She has said anytime I have to have meds picked up, just give her a call and she will get them for me.  

Ok, have rattled on long enough.....  Need to clean up the kitchen, and make my bed.  Did manage to get dressed already.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon. 

Valued Contributor

I'm resting today for a dental appt tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

I'm resting today for a dental appt tomorrow.

@countrylady.....don't think I've every seen you post with us before.   WELCOME aboard.  

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

chores done, walk in this morn, 2 large loads of laundry dried on lines, all down,folded and put away,

just hamburgers done in slow cooker today. 

beginning to cloud up storm clouds are beginning to build. get my afternoon walk in before it gets nasty out.

not much else guys, later.

Honored Contributor

Nothing special going on here, still enduring this very warm and muggy summer. 

@countrylady, I wish you all the best at your dental appointment tomorrow.

@hellie jo, just please stay out of trouble, I am too tired to drive to the jail today. 

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Honored Contributor

Have not been able to watch the game this afternoon after all.  Have no idea who is having it on air.  Have checked every channel that I know that would possibly be televising it......no where......

Usually at the last game being played, they announce where they will be on TV, but since I didn't watch it last night, don't know.

Honored Contributor

Am in the process of thawing out some shrimp.  Will be making a pasta dish with the shrimp in it.  Love that kind of food....and it is pretty easy for me to gum it.....

Super Contributor

@ShowMe  could you be asked to leave the apartment when your lease is up ? Also did you drive yourself  to the Dr ? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Keybra wrote:

@ShowMe  could you be asked to leave the apartment when your lease is up ? Also did you drive yourself  to the Dr ? 

@Keybra......Well that could be possible, but would really want to know why.  Am here until next July.....so, will have plenty time to think this through.  Fortunately I just signed my new lease.....  There are 3 of us that live here that have been here over 20 years.  My rent has always been on time, don't really ask for a lot to be done, and have been a good tenant.....never had any complaints on me.  

Yes, I did drive myself to the Dr. yesterday.  Have always driven myself out there except for when I had radiation treatments and PET scans, which are in the same building.  They do not have valet parking at that part of the hospital....and just couldn't risk having to park across the road and walk over on my walker if there were no spaces out in front of the building.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I spent 2 hours today unpacking and then repacking the Martha Stewart 26" plant stands for return. The packaging was so flimsy for items that heavy, I can see why the legs were cracked on the plant stands. I wish I would have listened to the reviews and not ordered, but I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that would get stands that were perfect.It's a shame because the plant stands were beautiful, I hope the Q is not repacking these returns and sending them out again.