Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@RedTop wrote:

Breakfast was barely over before the Home Health nurse was here.   House is clean, laundry done, and weekly trash has been picked up.   Now we are just enjoying this beautiful sunny, warm summer day!

@RedTop.....Just love the way you word your posts.  Sounds like you and DH were having a wonderful day.  Have another one today.

Super Contributor

Buy the chicken thighs boneless and skinless and it would be almost impossible to over cook them. Or cut chicken breasts the long way and pound out. My DH and I like them very thick.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

My DH has restrictions after his eye surgery so I've been tending to our yard and the neighbor's. It's almost an acre and I have to use a push lawn mower. Hope I drop some weight but my metabolism seemed to have stalled. I'll most likely have gained weight from the additional exercise. Starting next Wednesday DH will be able to cut using the 20 horsepower riding mower and I'll go back to trimming and touch up work.

@AuntG.....That's one heck of a lot of grass to cut with a push mower.  Bet you will be glad when your DH can do it on the riding mower.  Trimming and touch up work is a lot easier.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Hello all.Not too much going on around here.Did laundry and grocery shopping yesterday.That wore me out.LOL I still have to learn to pace myself.

@ShowMe  Hope you feel better everyday.Glad you are enjoying the ball games.

Going on a little trip for a few days.Hope to go to a national park and a state park too.We go free to national parks because we paid for a senior pass years ago that is good for life.The state parks are also free because we pay more for our license plates,to save our lighthouses.

Hope everyone with health issues sees some improvement.Hang in there.

Take care and see you when I get back sometime next week.

@hellie jo.....Wish I was feeling better every day.  Just push myself to do what I do.  Will be getting the PET scan this coming Thursday.  Maybe that will tell me wlhat is going on.    Yes, am totally enjoying the games.  They won again last night.  Will be watching again tonight.

Hope you have a lovely trip visiting the parks.   Have never been to a national park, but have been to a couple state parks.  

Have a safe trip and look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

I just ordered over the phone a few things from another company.  Waiting to go for my usual walk. 100 out so I will wait to six. So hot my big black cat is sleeping on the wood floor to cool off. I do have the ac on.

@halfpint1....glad you wait for it to cool off a bit before going for your walk.  Don't over do it.  Yep, those cats know where to lay when they want to cool off.  Glad you are using your a/c.

Super Contributor

Schwann is having a 50% off sale and free shipping for first time customers.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Related image

Still awake at 4 a.m., Saturday.  *sigh*

GS will be here in a few hours to help trim some trees for brush collection day. 

Sending good wishes for everyone. 

@Cakers3......The same to you.....what a beauty.

That's way too early to wake up.  

Glad your GS is coming to help with the trees for brush collection.  That's a lot of work.  Enjoy him as long as you can.  

Have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Keybra wrote:

Schwann is having a 50% off sale and free shipping for first time customers.

@Keybra......thanks for letting me know this.  Hope when I do get to order from them, they will still be offering the same.  As for right now, I have my freezer full and would not have any room for any more.  Do not have a very large freezer.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe--thats what I did--but not thin enough and prob not enough fat in it as it is a breast and not a thigh. Will keep trying-----

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday afternoon one and all.  It is really a very pretty day here, but on the hot side.  Currently we are at our high for the day.....89.  Tomorrow supposed to get to 92, then cooler for a few days....with highs in the upper 80s.

Didn't get everything done yesterday that I wanted to get done.  After getting my shower and washing my hair, and then going out get the car running, which while doing that I went to Jack in the Box for a delicious fish sandwich and some curley fries, I was worn out.  Plus it was pretty warm out there.  After coming in and eating my sandwich and fries, I took a short nap.  

Since responding on here this morning, Have gotten quite a bit done.  Have done the usual, and did get my grocery order in.  Received them about 12:15, and got everything put away.  Was going to do that yesterday when I got back in the apartment, but just didn't have the energy to do it then.  

Watched the game last night.  Yep, the Cardinals WON again.....5 to 3.  The Astros are American League, and are in 1st place in their division.....  The Cardinals are in 1st place in the midwest division.  So, you know it is sort of exciting to be playing the Astros.  The game this evening starts at about 6:00.  Am really looking forward to that....a good way to spend a Saturday night.

Ordered a hot roasted chicken today, so will be having the 2 legs and some roasted veggies for my dinner this evening.  Will be eating early because I want to be finished eating have the kitchen cleaned up before the game starts.

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday afternoon.  And hope you are getting everything done you wanted to.

Have a good evening.