Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hello guys

Show me, the Phillies are miserably awful as usual. They nearly lost another game to the mets yesterday but managed to eck it out by a walk off homer in the 9th.

Show me, also the gremlins are out and about making naughty comments in the threads. why the gremies do this is beyond me.

what we did years ago when we had NO air. either a fan in window or open up window and pray for a breeze.  same with a car. my parents never had air conditioning. we grew up with box fans in the windows. i guess my dad eventually broke down and did put in air long after I left the house (got married).

Hellie the other night dh and i went out to eat at one of our favorite spots and air was set at -85 below zero, that place was ice bucket cold. you needed a sweater to survive.

ok guys, got chores done, walk in, clothes on line to dry. will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Hi,everyone,

I haven't been here for a few days....just chilling  and trying to stay cool...

and so i can't be blamed  by show me for... anything being deleted here...which  i would 

never do anyway.   i'm.. .just not like that!.

I did go for a short walk this morning before i gots too hot and humid.

I was outside at 3:45 am to let dog go pee and saw that big pretty moon getting ready to go down!Then i went back to bed for a hour.

Enjoy your day everyone..Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

hey all

got my afternoon walk in today. picked up mail. our new mailman was a fill in when jeff had a day off. the man is nice, he doesn't talk to anyone maybe once he gets to know us better he'll open up a smidge bit.

when i got home from my walk i did weed killing spray around the house and shed. then i sprayed for buggies outside too. 

just left overs for dinner tonight. 

not much else going on around here right now, will check in later.

Honored Contributor

I went outside long enought to take doghouse and a few things out of the big enclosed cyclone fenced dog pen...was 89 degrees and humidity 53%

so neighbor could mow grass inside...

wow! so humid outside it was hard for me to breathe good!....back in house and trying to cool down again!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Super Contributor

Hello,

Saturday I finished cleaning up the house. We went to dinner with some friends. After dinner we came back to our house and DH made vanilla malts. He’s really a good malt maker. Yesterday didn’t do a whole lot. Made breakfast, that was it. We got sub sandwiches for dinner. 

Today I went to lunch and an antique mall with my mom and sister. I love to go to these places. So much to see. Did get a few things. A vintage bowl that was a give away from Gulf filling station. A couple sets of measuring spoons, a wood and tile trivet that reminds me of the 70s, and a Christmas ornament by Annalee from 1972 that was made in the USA. 

It’s HOT here, 114 degrees. It’s like an oven in parking lots. Thank goodness for AC. I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Honored Contributor

hey all

the heat is coming for us.

heard on news tonight heat will be for 10 days of non stop 110 degrees every day with super high humidity . Warning to people to stay indoors unless you really need to be outside. Will see about walks if it gets that bad,

ok guys nothing else. Clothes to fold.

tomorrow all

Honored Contributor

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

just check in to see how everyone is.

did a lot of wash today filled up the entire wash lines. it is sheet day for me. sheets are dried and folded and put away, will check other laundry after lunch.

did get walk in this morn. still livable as of yet.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello guys

Show me, the Phillies are miserably awful as usual. They nearly lost another game to the mets yesterday but managed to eck it out by a walk off homer in the 9th.

Show me, also the gremlins are out and about making naughty comments in the threads. why the gremies do this is beyond me.

what we did years ago when we had NO air. either a fan in window or open up window and pray for a breeze.  same with a car. my parents never had air conditioning. we grew up with box fans in the windows. i guess my dad eventually broke down and did put in air long after I left the house (got married).

Hellie the other night dh and i went out to eat at one of our favorite spots and air was set at -85 below zero, that place was ice bucket cold. you needed a sweater to survive.

ok guys, got chores done, walk in, clothes on line to dry. will check in later.

@viva923.....Thank goodness the Cards don't have to play the Phillies.  Playing the Pirates is bad enough.  Although we beat them 7 to 0 last night.  This last 1/2 of the season is going to really be tough. 

About the gremlins.....yes, I did read some of that on here yesterday....  but remember, they are who they are, and that is why I love to ignore when I can.  If they would sit back and read, they would realize what they themselves are really like.  Enough on that.

Growing up in San Antonio we didn't have any a/c either, just fans (not window fans).  Our beds were put under the window and hoped and prayed for a breeze.  My dad's car didn't have a/c either.   The first car my first husband and I bought wasn't air conditioned either, but we did have on installed.  Thought we were in heaven when we did that.  Any car we bought after that one had the factory air condition already in it.  And any car I've owned after that has been air conditioned.  

As far as places keeping their places so cold, that is why I always have a light weight jacket in my car.  Just in case.  

Honored Contributor

@Frau K wrote:

Hello,

Saturday I finished cleaning up the house. We went to dinner with some friends. After dinner we came back to our house and DH made vanilla malts. He’s really a good malt maker. Yesterday didn’t do a whole lot. Made breakfast, that was it. We got sub sandwiches for dinner. 

Today I went to lunch and an antique mall with my mom and sister. I love to go to these places. So much to see. Did get a few things. A vintage bowl that was a give away from Gulf filling station. A couple sets of measuring spoons, a wood and tile trivet that reminds me of the 70s, and a Christmas ornament by Annalee from 1972 that was made in the USA. 

It’s HOT here, 114 degrees. It’s like an oven in parking lots. Thank goodness for AC. I hope everyone has a nice evening.

@Frau K.....sounds like you've been having some really nice days and evenings.....enjoying friends, malts, lunch, antique mall shopping etc.  

Have to agree......114 is hot.....no 2 ways about it.  Agree about parking lots.....nothing worse than blacktop.....that is what my poor car sits out on all the time and why I don't try to go out when it is so hot outside.  Just can't take the heat.