Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@fourpaws56  that kitty reminds me of my first rescue Muffin, 38 years ago. Muffin is long gone, but I still miss her and never had a cat with the same personality as she.

Valued Contributor

@fourpaws56 

I just wanted to jump into ths thread when I read your post.  Lordy lordy, what a great person you are!  I have 9 all ferrel 2 inside 7 outside.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Strong thunder-boomers late last night.  Small hail pinging at the windows.

This morning the thunder-boomers are back but not too bad.

I have to pick up a script but not in a rush to go out in this weather.  Plus it can wait.

This month has been a jumble of emotions - when things go south, they take the express route it seems.

Wishing everyone peace; @ShowMe good luck with the port flush.  You've been a real trooper through all of this.

Heart

@Cakers3.....Sis said they have been having some pretty strong storms also.  Lost power 2 times in one night.  And yes, high temps also.

Thanks for your well wishes.....the port flush went well.  Boy, the changes they are making is amazing.  Have to go to the treatment room to have the flush done.  Previously there were about 10 chairs for the patients getting treatments.  The room is quite large....and there is a 1/2 wall dividing the room with same number of chairs on the other side.  Now there are only 4 chairs on each side of that wall, and around the corner from there is another treatment room set up the same way.  While waiting for a nurse to do the flush I saw one of the nurses passing around bottles of Boost and snacks for those getting treatments.  When I was getting my flush done I commented to the nurse that they didn't do that when I was getting treatments.  Had to take my own.  Her comment was "this is Mercy".  Apparently they will be having a fantastic cancer center when it is complete next year.  It is going to be a brand new facility on the complex.  

I do have to say I am sort of on the anxious side about having the PETscan done on 8/1.  Know this will tell Dr. G and me what will be taking place next....and that is what I am so afraid of.  The unknown......

Hope you have a good day.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much tonight. Still very warm and very humid.

watching a John Wayne movie now.

oh my gosh this was saved from the other night

did chores, folded one load laundry, 1 left to fold. got walk in, will tell you guys about my walk today later, got things to do. it was a laughter type of walk from a loose cannon.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Hi girls...been trying to get back here to post but just been so darn busy. DS was driving home from work last week and found a tiny kitten in the middle of the road. So, now we have five, all rescues of course. He gave him a warm bath and bought several cans of fancy feast to fatten him up. I will take him to the vet next week for a check up and a deworming,vacinines as well. here is a photo how he looked when we first got him...I will post a current one soon Cat Very Happy

Image may contain: 1 person, cat

@fourpaws56.....yes, you are a very busy woman that takes care of so many....  Such a kind loving heart.  

What a little cutie pie.  How old do you think he is???  Your DS also has a very tender heart.  Have you given him a name yet?  How have the other 5 accepted him?

Look forward to more pictures.....

Honored Contributor

@viva923.....Oh my, that poor cart.  Know how much you like it and use it.  Glad that DH was able to put new wheels on it once again

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

not much tonight. Still very warm and very humid.

watching a John Wayne movie now.

oh my gosh this was saved from the other night

did chores, folded one load laundry, 1 left to fold. got walk in, will tell you guys about my walk today later, got things to do. it was a laughter type of walk from a loose cannon.

ok guys will check in later.

@viva923......this post made me laugh.....  

Looking forward to hear about your morning walk....

Have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Once again haven't been on here for a couple days.  So, here's hoping all of you are having a wonderful "hump day".  

It is a bright sunny day here.  Currently it is 79, and that is supposed to be the high for today.  But will be getting warmer each day up to the 91 we are supposed to have on Sunday.  

Jeanne was here last evening and cleaned my apartment.  As usual, it looks and feels clean.  Got everything back into is place right after she left.  

Watched the losers game last night.  The Cards lost 8 to 0.  But the Cards won the game the night before 5 to 0.  Will probably watch tonight's game.  

Did go to get my port flush yesterday morning.  The whole building where Dr. G is, was really one busy place.  Also Dr. G's office was very busy with folks getting treatments.  No empty chairs, and patients waiting to get get a chair so they could get their treatment.  Understand there a now 3 doctors in this office.  Oh how I am hoping and praying I don't have to go through that again.  We'll see after I see Dr. G in August after the PETscan.  PLEASE keep me in your prayers.....  Yes, I am very anxious about this test.

Don't have a lot going on here today.  Once again the catalogs are stacking up....need to get rid of them.  Not buying anything at all now.

Found out a little more about what is going on here at our complex.  Have talked with a few other tenants, and yes, we all believe it has been sold.  Checked on the internet, and it had been listed as for sale.....A total of 64 apartments....for a grand total of $5M.  Then another on there that this part of the sale is that it has been taken off the market.  We have no idea what is going on, but you can bet we will find out sooner than they wanted us to know.  One of the tenants that had not turned in her new lease signed yet, did talk with Gary (owner).  She told him she wasn't sure if she wanted to sign it or go on a month to month basis.....  He did suggest that she sign it, as it would protect her from having a rent increase on the month to month if they should sell.....  That was a dead give away.  This is so interesting to see what is being done, and yet we really know nothing for sure.

Ok, better get going now.  Will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Yes I'll pray for you @ShowMe . Medical tests are worrisome, and then to add more worries about your building probably being sold. My day consisted of a daily quick clean of our house, then I mowed and did some lawn trimming. When my DH gets home, we'll head to church and do some cleaning. To save money, our congregation signs up to clean -June is our month. 

Respected Contributor

hi showme...the other cats welcomed him with open paws..I think I  am going to name him Sunny because he is yellow and has a very happy personality. Yes, my Son loves animals as much as I do, we save as many as we can. Here is a pic I took this morning, he just woke up. he has already gained weight and is a playful little guy