Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

You are so welcome showme..I knew it was tomorrow, just never know when I get been back on here. I am still helping my neighbor,and another elderley neighbor had a stroke two weeks ago..I have been helping his wife...trips to the rehab etc...plus the grandkids keep me so darn busy!

Honored Contributor

Dental check up with a new dentist today, female dentist and all female staff, the female energy in the room was vibrating the walls.LOL No really, it was a calming, but fun atmosphere and my dental hygienist was a gem. I have been to 4 different dentists in the past 2 years and hope this is the last try. A good dentist is hard to find.

Honored Contributor

ShowMe,

You are always so kind with your words.  I know you are a good neighbor.  Some folks just seek  to make life difficult for others or are always looking for something that peeves them.  I do not understand or enjoy people with that sort of nature.  

Believe me, I was happy to hear that my elderly (just like me) neighbor was very lucid when we talked.  He knew where he had been and for how long.  Even told me how many times his daughter visited him in the new facility that is in a different county from ours.  Too bad local facilities in Fairfax County are not as spiffy as the one that aided him. 

No, I have not yet tried the Klondikes with peppermint flavor and chocolate chips.  Hmm, sounds like something I will pick up when I  food shop again.

If today is your birthday --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  If it is tomorrow, I will wish you a lovely day again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, we need no further proof that I am elderly.

I just noticed that you wrote your birthday is tomorrow -- and that is what I thought I had read the other day.  (So maybe I am not so elderly after all.   lol)

Yesterday, my doctor told me three words and said that he would ask me to recall them later.  At the end of our fairly long visit, he asked what the words were.  For a moment, I clutched, but then I remembered.  Oh my.  Such fun and games.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

You are so welcome showme..I knew it was tomorrow, just never know when I get been back on here. I am still helping my neighbor,and another elderley neighbor had a stroke two weeks ago..I have been helping his wife...trips to the rehab etc...plus the grandkids keep me so darn busy!

@fourpaws56.....think nothing of it.  Know you have your hands full with all the things you do for others.  You have such a big, kind heart.  Love ya, sweet one.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much going on tonight. Rain has stopped. 

Watching a Chester Morris movie Pursuit. It is a good movie.

not much elsetonight

see all in the morn

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Dental check up with a new dentist today, female dentist and all female staff, the female energy in the room was vibrating the walls.LOL No really, it was a calming, but fun atmosphere and my dental hygienist was a gem. I have been to 4 different dentists in the past 2 years and hope this is the last try. A good dentist is hard to find.

@blackhole99.....it's good that you have finally found a dentist you like.  Nothing like "female energy".....  Have only had 1 female doctor, and she was the radiation doctor.  Liked her very much.....  But, do prefer my male doctors....wouldn't trade them for the world.  And they are all from another country.  

Hope you can keep her for a long time....and yes, a good dentist is hard to find.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

ShowMe,

You are always so kind with your words.  I know you are a good neighbor.  Some folks just seek  to make life difficult for others or are always looking for something that peeves them.  I do not understand or enjoy people with that sort of nature.  

Believe me, I was happy to hear that my elderly (just like me) neighbor was very lucid when we talked.  He knew where he had been and for how long.  Even told me how many times his daughter visited him in the new facility that is in a different county from ours.  Too bad local facilities in Fairfax County are not as spiffy as the one that aided him. 

No, I have not yet tried the Klondikes with peppermint flavor and chocolate chips.  Hmm, sounds like something I will pick up when I  food shop again.

If today is your birthday --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  If it is tomorrow, I will wish you a lovely day again.

@golding76......hey, you don't do to badly with your words either.  There is no reason to try to make life difficult for others and cause them trouble.  I agree whole heartedly with you.

Always like to hear when someone is doing well when they have been in rehab.  When in those kinds of places, a person can become very confused.  I know I did.  Still can't remember how I got from the hospital when I fell and was placed in rehab.  They had me so drugged up.  I was also being treated for the infection with a very potent antibiotic for the tumor on my back.  Chalk it all up to that.  

Enjoy your Klondike when you get them.  

No, today is not my birthday.  It is tomorrow.  The big 79.  Will be being taken out to lunch by my very special friend, Sheri.  Am so looking forward to our time together.

Thanks for your well wishes.  

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Well, we need no further proof that I am elderly.

I just noticed that you wrote your birthday is tomorrow -- and that is what I thought I had read the other day.  (So maybe I am not so elderly after all.   lol)

Yesterday, my doctor told me three words and said that he would ask me to recall them later.  At the end of our fairly long visit, he asked what the words were.  For a moment, I clutched, but then I remembered.  Oh my.  Such fun and games.

@golding76.....sometimes you are so funny.  

Hey, that test your doctor did, believe that is a part of the wellness testing that is going on by the insurance companies.  Sis told me her primary doctor did the same thing to her.  

Have my big checkup with my primary next Tuesday, and am sure he will give me the same test.  Believe me, I do have many "Senior Moments".  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, it's been a very long busy day.  As I said much earlier on here I got up very early this morning.  

Had my dinner.....Marie Callendars' pasta, meatballs and Italian sausage dinner.  It was very good.  There were 3 little meatballs in it, and they didn't taste good to me, but boy the sausage was very good and quite a bit of it.  They had a marinara sauce in it.  Very tasty and quite filling.  

I am so wanting to go get my jammies on now, brush my teeth, and wash my face.  So, I think I better sign out now.  Here's hoping all of you have a wonderful night's sleep.  Will see you all some time tomorrow.