Super Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Hello,

We got home last night,a day later then planned because all flights to Phoenix were canceled from Philadelphia due to thunderstorms. Other then that we had a really nice trip. Today I’m doing lots of laundry. Also thawing some pork chops for dinner. I’m making tomato pork chops with rice. Kind of an Asian recipe. Probably take a nap too. The weather here has been really nice. Normally it’s well over 100 degrees here by now. I hope everyone has a nice day.

Honored Contributor

@Frau K, glad you enjoyed your trip and made it back home safely. Enjoy the nice weather. Your dinner sounds good.

Honored Contributor

Morning everyone.  Gosh, here we are at another holiday weekend.  The weather here is pretty nice today.  Currently it is 76, and supposed to make it up to 86.....partly sunny.

The Cardinals lost 5 to 2 in the first of the 3 game weekend series.  Play again this evening at about 6:15.  Not really looking for much with this game either.  But, I will watch....

Yesterday was sort of a lost day for me.  Finally heard from my sister last evening.  She didn't drive, her friends did....which I was happy about.  She said all went very smoothly for Miss Kitty.  Said they were so very gentle with her.  After the first shot, they let sis in the room, and she said she just cradled her to her chest for quite some time.  She knew she was gone, and the vet said she thought it was time for sis to leave the room so they could finish what they needed to do.  Said the vet gave her a big hug and told her she had given Miss Kitty so much love and good care.  Miss Kitty only weighed about 5 pounds.  The reason they were so late getting home was because sis hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, and they thought she needed to eat something, so they went out to eat before going home.  After they got home, they did remove some of Miss Kitty's things, which was a good idea.  Sis said she would finish it today.

I have talked with sis this morning, and she said it was so hard to get up out of bed knowing Miss Kitty wasn't there.  This will be difficult for her for some time.  She did tell me that last night she got her grocery order in to HEB so they can get delivered this afternoon.  Am so glad she is getting her groceries delivered to her too.  She just can't lift anything heavy any more because of her shoulders.  

Did get my end of the month bills paid and out for pick up today.  Got my new lease yesterday.....showing rent increase of $10/mo.  That starts July 1.  Will turn in my new signed lease when I turn in my rent check for June.  Of course, they gave us the reason for the increase.....knew it was coming.  Just like last year.  

Need to cut up my roasted chicken today.  Had the 2 legs for supper last evening.  Will be having some good sandwiches.  Other than that don't have a lot on my plate for today.  Might do some reading this afternoon.

Here's hoping all have a good and productive Saturday.

Honored Contributor

@Frau K wrote:

Hello,

We got home last night,a day later then planned because all flights to Phoenix were canceled from Philadelphia due to thunderstorms. Other then that we had a really nice trip. Today I’m doing lots of laundry. Also thawing some pork chops for dinner. I’m making tomato pork chops with rice. Kind of an Asian recipe. Probably take a nap too. The weather here has been really nice. Normally it’s well over 100 degrees here by now. I hope everyone has a nice day.g

@Frau K....glad you made it home safe and sound.  Am sure it was a wonderful trip despite not getting home when you were scheduled.  Those storms were awful.  Oh yes, now you have to get back into a routine of laundry and cooking.

Have a great weekend getting caught up.   

Honored Contributor

hey all

Frau, glad you got home safely.

not much today. Very quiet for us. Did chores, attended church this evening. Went out to our favorite eating spot. Looked for my glasses, came up empty handed. Can barely see with these old glasses.

it was sunny but very breezy today.

ok guys see all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Well, the Cardinals just won.....surprise, surprise....6 to 3.  Boy, what a game.  It was a nail bitter tonight.

Think I'm going to go get my jammies on and have a little snack.  Didn't have much for dinner....not too hungry.  

Then I will be really getting ready for bed.  Am on the tired side tonight.

So now, I'm wishing all of you SWEET DREAMS....will see you all some time tomorrow.   Sleep well and soundly.

Honored Contributor

More rain...it's making me ill.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Image result for happy sunday gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I was up at 8:00 and had my coffee and a muffin, then read the Sunday paper. I'm having a fish sandwich and potato salad for lunch. I have nothing special planned for the day so will just relax. It is a beautiful day with rain in the forecast for Mon.-Tues.-Wed. Hopefully, I won't have to water my flowers for a few days, since they prefer the rain water. 

Honored Contributor

hey guys

busy day for me. dh took me out shopping for year round blouses. found 1 at marshall's and 5 at kohl's. the kohl's are long sleeve but the sleeves can be folded up to 3/4 sleeve,  wore a brand new blouse to church last night found it in back of closet. washed it and dried. UGH,did not read the wash instruct's. DRY CLEAN only. blouse is ruined. the shop where i got it closed many years ago. 

having swiss steak for dinner tonight. can't put all ingredients into the recipe but it gives me a break from chicken. serve over white rice.

have to fold my laundry. got my laundry on lines out back, only to take all down, under severe storm warnings.

ok guys later.