Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hey all

got a phone call from my dd at 415pm, her husband is having emergency open heart surgery at johns hopkins hospital this afternoon. the kids wereat the hospital for workups for his transplant. one test being done was an echo. found a tear in aorta and another valve was bad. replacing valves with titanium valves. dd said these people are great and so kind to her. don't know anymore than that.

will check in later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

got a phone call from my dd at 415pm, her husband is having emergency open heart surgery at johns hopkins hospital this afternoon. the kids wereat the hospital for workups for his transplant. one test being done was an echo. found a tear in aorta and another valve was bad. replacing valves with titanium valves. dd said these people are great and so kind to her. don't know anymore than that.

will check in later.

@viva923......prayer already said....more of them to come.  Thanks for letting us know.  You had said he was in bad shape....  Good they are taking such good care of him.  Please keep us posted on this.

Respected Contributor

@viva923  Thinking of you ..Prayers for all of your family.

Honored Contributor

Nothing special happening here. I did get my haircut this morning.

@ShowMe, I hope your Cardinals get a win in this next game. Enjoy watching. 

Honored Contributor

DH talked with our DD, surg began at 6pm, it will go till about midnight. This is only update I have.

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

@viva923 

Saying prayers for your s/i/l.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I love shopping at Goodwill stores!

Today my daughter took me to lunch in a town 12miles from me....we went to the Goodwill store there...i founds some great buys!

1- a wooden  walking cane with,.curved  handle  for $2.99

2..the perfect black leather purse i have been wanting under $5.00

3-brand new fav. brand of black jeans.also under $5.00

4..a Eileen West brand  new fluffy long navy bath robe for$5.99

5-a pretty small neclace for $2.99

"today" was seniors day..so after discount plus tax..  i paid....   $17.06!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Super Contributor

Hello,

This morning we walked around Lake George. After breakfast we drove ove to Sharon Springs and went to the Beekman shop. I bought three bars of soap and a lip balm. There were a couple little shops we peeked in. Had lunch at a cafe a few doors down. Now we’re in Albany and we’re flying home tomorrow. 

Viva923, I hope everything goes well for your SIL.

ShowMe, also thinking about Miss Kitty, it’s never easy.

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers to those in Jefferson City, Missouri and all areas being impacted by the tornadoes and floods. 

Honored Contributor

son in law is out of surg in ICU

he is breathing on his own tube was removed early a.m..

he is very swollen for failing kidneys and the ton of fluid  that was given during surg.

he is in and out of awake and sleep

dr said there was a fresh tear in aorta dr said this does happen often with dialysis patients. 

Aorta was replaced along with another valve and a tube was put in his heart from years of untreated high blood pressure

14 min’s of no blood during surg and 45 min’s for his body to kick and in and begin pumping on its own. Don’t follow this but all dd told me was it was 14 min’s for one thing and 45 miin’s For something else to happen.

dr’s were going to work on ridding his body of toxins in his blood from his bad kidneys’

this Is all i know for now guys.