Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Almost finished switching from winter > summer clothes.  Almost everything is  washed and hung/folded.  Couple more bags to Goodwill tomorrow.  Total six loads of laundry in two days.  I have a ton of ironing to do ... but will do that on an as-needed basis.

Today ... getting ready for Mass and Novena at noon.  Then a brief pre-meeting strategy session (for Friday's meeting).

Then home for lunch and relaxing afternoon and evenng.  

Honored Contributor

hey guys

real quick today.

did chores, got walk in, have clothes to fold now.

really not much else. house opened up really cool and comfortable here today.

ok later guys,

Honored Contributor

After 10 crazy days of husbands health issues, I am playing catch up today.   Much straightening, and house cleaning, sorting paperwork and shredding, laundry, mopping, and of course deciding on what to cook for supper.

Have also ordered the medical supplies we will need next week, as well as called in a med refill for my mom.  

Trucker daughter was ahead of all the bad storms the last few days on her way home, and made it here before daylight.   Like @viva923 , I will spend a good part of my day doing laundry; 5 loads for her, and towels for us.   

I finally got to the grocery store yesterday.  The weekly sale was not that tempting, but the holiday sale that started yesterday finally drew me into the store to accomplish that task.   Plenty of food here; just a question of cooking whatever these people will eat.  Hubby lost his appetite and didn’t get much of it back until Sunday when I cooked a turkey breast.   That plate of food was the most I’d seen him eat for a week, and he sure enjoyed the pot pie that followed on Monday.   

Break time is over, so with mop and bucket in hand, I’m off to finish up the last dirty job of my day.   

Respected Contributor

Just got back from the dentist.Don"t have to go back until November YEA!! RedTop,hope things continue to get better for you and your husband.Nice day here after raining all morning.Good to see the sun.Have a good day and take care.

Honored Contributor

Well first game of double header with Kansas City Royals is over.  Of course Cardinals lost 8 to 2.  They need to win this evenings game, but the way they are playing, probably won't.

Update on sister's Miss Kitty.  That little stinker....sis can't get her in to see the vet that has been treating her until Friday.  Sis told me she has eaten today, and also drinking water.  Found her sleeping in the sunshine.  She's a little fooler.....

Am having some leftover pizza for my supper.

Now I need to respond to some posts from today.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Just got back from the dentist.Don"t have to go back until November YEA!! RedTop,hope things continue to get better for you and your husband.Nice day here after raining all morning.Good to see the sun.Have a good day and take care.

@hellie jo.....Really, I didn't know you have been treated for cancer too.  Apparently you are doing pretty well, only having to have blood work done.  Good for you.  Keep doing what you are doing sweet lady.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop.....you are really one busy woman.  Good to hear your DH's appetite is coming back.  Hope it continues.  You need to take some time for yourself too.  

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey guys

real quick today.

did chores, got walk in, have clothes to fold now.

really not much else. house opened up really cool and comfortable here today.

ok later guys,

@viva923.....you go girl.  You have probably gotten your afternoon walk in too.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Almost finished switching from winter > summer clothes.  Almost everything is  washed and hung/folded.  Couple more bags to Goodwill tomorrow.  Total six loads of laundry in two days.  I have a ton of ironing to do ... but will do that on an as-needed basis.

Today ... getting ready for Mass and Novena at noon.  Then a brief pre-meeting strategy session (for Friday's meeting).

Then home for lunch and relaxing afternoon and evenng.  

@ALRATIBA....sounds like a nicely planned out day.  Hope it is being a good one for you.  Enjoy your relaxing evening.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

ShowMe,

I do not expect you to respond to this post but I want to let you know that I am glad you are safe.  So often when we hear of calamities affecting other areas of our nation, we think a percentage of the population is all that is involved (not that that percentage does not count).  It sounds as though all of St. Louis was threatened!  I am sorry you had to endure that feeling of fear and helplessness.  You are brave, not going to the basement, etc.

Sorry to hear about Miss Kitty.  Your sister's heart will break today when her beloved feline is put down, but I hope she remembers all her happy years with her pet.

Rest well, dear friend.  (Birthday coming up, eh?)  

@golding76.....boy, you would never know by looking outside this afternoon that we had such horrible weather last night.  

Told about Miss Kitty in an earlier post on here.  Little stinker.

Will be watching the 2nd game this evening.

Other than that, nothing else going on.

Yep, I'm getting old.....and today is a day I feel it.