Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hey all

really not to much going on this afternoon.

no deer this afternoon. got walk in .

listening to news  and weather sounds like humidity will be hot and heavy. last week had to run the furnace and now this coming week air cond.

not much else, will try to check in later.

Respected Contributor

Image may contain: text  Birthday card from my Son,we share the same sense of humor.....Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56.....cute pictures this afternoon.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Had lunch at a nice restaurant today with a former co-worker who is also retired. I always enjoy catching up with old friends while having a nice meal. I had a cup of bean & ham soup and a ham and turkey wrap which was excellent. 

Talked to my sister when I got home because I knew she was going to the Dr. at 11:30. She has an ear infection and he prescribed an antibiotic. He said he never sees ear infections in someone her age (61) so he was surprised at how narly that ear looked. I hope she is feeling better soon. 

Hope everyone here has a nice day whether staying at home or being out and about. 

@ShowMe, your weather has really warmed up. Remember when we didn't have A/C? I don't know we survived the heat, but somehow we did.

@RetRN.....sounds like something you could get at Panera....  Am sure you enjoyed it.

Sorry about your DS.  Hope the antibiotic kicks in soon.  Feel for her.

Yes, have had a nice day.  Took 2 Tylenol, and then slept for a while.  Did get to the back door and stuck my head out to get some fresh air and sunshine.  Didn't need to go any place today.

Yes, it has really warmed up here.  And yes, remember very well what it was like before having a/c.  Growing up in San Antonio was something else in the summer.  And when I got married in 1961 lived on the 2nd floor west.  Got a huge window unit that we had put in the bedroom.  It did a good job of cooling most of the apartment, but boy it got really cold in the bedroom at night.  Have never been without an a/c since then.  About 2 years ago my central unit went out on a Sunday afternoon when it was 103 outside.  That was something else.  Couldn't get anyone to fix it until Monday.  But since then, it has been running very well, and does a good job cooling off the apartment.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

really not to much going on this afternoon.

no deer this afternoon. got walk in .

listening to news  and weather sounds like humidity will be hot and heavy. last week had to run the furnace and now this coming week air cond.

not much else, will try to check in later.

@viva923.....glad you got your walks in.  Now maybe you will not be having the rain like you've been having.  Know you will be happy about that.  And am sure you will enjoy your walks more.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56......Oh my, what a card.  Is today your birthday?  If it is, Happy Birthday to you.

Respected Contributor

Thank you showme, yes,63 today Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

Well, it made it up to 88....and that is where it is right now.  The a/c is running and feels good in here.

It won't be long, and will be time for this evenings game.  Am thinking I will order a small Elicia's Hawaiian pizza....ham, bacon, onion & pineapple with their famous sauce and 3 cheese blend.  Have never had it before, but it sounded good to me.  Will also order a Ted Drewes' chocolate frozen custard for later this evening.  Nothing like a Ted Drewes.....

Did take a nap, and now I feel pretty good.  Need to be alert for the game.  Wonder how the game will go tonight.  Hope better than last night.

Ok folks....here's hoping you all have a great evening.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Thank you showme, yes,63 today Cat Surprised

@fourpaws56.....such a youngin......   Hope the little ones will be singing Happy Birthday to you.  And hope you will be having some cake and ice cream.  Enjoy!!!!

Respected Contributor