Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@ShowMe wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

Cakers enjoyed your cat postings, it was darn cute

Show me, glad you were able to assist your neighbor lady on her phone. 

as usual, did chores, got walk in,. still nippy chilly wind. still need a jacket. sun was out early this morn but is behind many clouds so it really cooled down. my lawn man came and mowed.

ok guys will check in later.

@viva923.....glad you were able to get your chores and walk in.  Guess when it is a bit cooler, you walk faster...

Always good when lawn has been mowed.  They just finished doing that here too.  Use those commercial standup mowers....boy, those dudes are really noisy.

Was glad I could help my neighbor too.  But, am dreading having to go over there and sit to wait till her phone system is fixed.  She is a year older than I am, and just can't do cleaning (like me), and their apartment is really filthy.  It is unhealthy.  Really don't have the heart to say anything about it.  Daughter doesn't do much of any kind of cleaning....know she does the dishes and some of the laundry, and also keeps the cat box cleaned out.  Spends a lot of time in her bedroom when she is home.  So if I can help Theresa in any way, I try.

Hope you have a great day.

If the apartment is filthy @ShowMe , do you mean it has vermin? Because if it is a health hazard , have you reported it so she can get help. Many organizations are out there to help. I read your posts about this poor woman and they are heartbreaking. Why hasn't management intervened? So many of the elderly slip through the cracks especially women who have limited funds...

Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

Second day home from work with a bad head cold.  I managed to avoid getting sick all winter and then now it's Spring and bam!  Gonna watch some soaps and veg out on the couch and nurse this awful congestion with plenty of hot tea and lemon.   

@Lattelvr.....sorry you are feeling so under the weather....those spring things can sometimes be worse than the winter stuff.  Hope you get to feeling better soon.  Get plenty rest.  And yes, the hot tea and lemon are good for you.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11.....Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm almost afraid to say anything on here about this today because it has done nothing but to stir up the pot.  She and I are very good friends....she has a daughter that moved in to live with her, and she brought her dog with her.  The reason her daughter moved in was to take care of her mom.  Enough said about that.  As far as management goes, they do not enter our apartments unless we have requested them to take care of something.  And doubt they have been in there for quite some time now.  

She and I have talked about this situation quite a bit.  She is 80, and I will be 79 in May.  We both have limited funds available to us.  As far as the cleaning goes, you would think her daughter would take care of that.....but.....

Anyhow, I'm doing what I can to help with suggestions to her.  So, we'll see what happens.  Yes, it is a very unhealthy environment for anyone to live in.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Trinity11.....Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm almost afraid to say anything on here about this today because it has done nothing but to stir up the pot.  She and I are very good friends....she has a daughter that moved in to live with her, and she brought her dog with her.  The reason her daughter moved in was to take care of her mom.  Enough said about that.  As far as management goes, they do not enter our apartments unless we have requested them to take care of something.  And doubt they have been in there for quite some time now.  

She and I have talked about this situation quite a bit.  She is 80, and I will be 79 in May.  We both have limited funds available to us.  As far as the cleaning goes, you would think her daughter would take care of that.....but.....

Anyhow, I'm doing what I can to help with suggestions to her.  So, we'll see what happens.  Yes, it is a very unhealthy environment for anyone to live in.  

@ShowMe  If she has vermin the building will quickly have it. I lived in an apartment in Manhattan where it only took 1 person. Afterwards, the exterminator came monthly but it spread like wildfire. She was a neglected older woman. Her daughter ...I spoke to her and stuck my nose into it but she had no interest in helping her. I did get her help and then a year later we moved but while I was there she seemed really happy with her new living conditions. Her temple had an outreach program and even provided her a companion most days. There but for the grace of God go any of us...

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe,

Many thanks for your kind words and well wishes; they are much appreciated!   

It sounds like your neighbors apartment is a prime example of why some landlords don’t allow pets.   I do think cats and litter boxes are easier to clean after than a dog, unless it is trained to go on a pad that is changed often.   That pet smell takes over quickly once it is absorbed by fabrics in the apartment, and would be hard to deal with.  And sadly, that smell will escape the apartment, permeate the hallway, and eventually be noticeable to everyone entering the building.   The daughter needs to get her head on straight and clean the apartment, before they all get evicted.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop  Praying all goes well for you tomorrow.You deserve a rest after that.

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe  Thank you for being the kind caring friend you are.Take care.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo,

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.   My mind is focused on getting the procedure done and moving forward.  

We still have so much going on with my husband, trying to heal his wound, and staying ahead of complications, that it’s hard for me to find time to give much thought to this, other than just cut it out!

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Beautiful sunny warm day here in southern West Virginia.   Cleaning house and doing laundry today, as tomorrow is the day I have my skin cancer cut out.   I plan to take it easy for the rest of the week.   

Saying a prayer for you @RedTop  that all goes well for you tomorrow. Sending healing thoughts for your husband..

Honored Contributor

Image result for good afternoon gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh