Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Image result for monday kitten gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Happy Monday morning everyone.  The weather here is simply beautiful.  Supposed to make it up to about 80 today.  There is a lot of sun out there, and a little bit of a breeze.

Sounds like all had a very lovely Easter....Always happy to hear that.  

Yesterday after the game was over, Theresa across the hall came over.  They have had no phone service for a couple days....so she brought her last statement with her and I got Charter on the phone.....they are scheduled to be at her apartment between 1:00 and 2:00 this afternoon.  She asked me if I would be there with her when the man got there.  Told her I would.  She and her daughter have some difficult times with each other, and right now they are going through that.  Her daughter works at Uncle Bill's Pancake House and puts in some very long hard hours.  She could care less about these kinds of things when she gets home....all she wants to do is eat a bite of food and they lay down for a while.  That is why she came to me....knew I could do something about the problem with the phone.  

Haven't done much yet this morning.  Still need to get dressed....but have had my coffee and a little breakfast.

There is a 3 game series with the Brewers starting this evening.  Game starts at 6:45....so you know what I'll be doing.  It will probably be a long game, so doubt I will get back on here when it's over.

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful day today.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Image result for monday kitten gif

@Cakers3......so cute....this little feller is letting us know what he thinks about Mondays....  Love the way it hides it's little face.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Happy  Easter and Happy Passover to everyone who celebrates.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, whatever you are doing. 

@ShowMe  sending a hug.  Heart

@dmod nj......Here's wishing the same to you.  Love it when you stop by.....

Oh heck, you know what I'll be doing today.....watching the Cardinals' game.  It is an early afternoon game.  Playing the NY Mets.  

Sending a hug back at ya.....

I hope you had a good Easter enjoying watching your Cardinals win!  

Thank you for the warm welcome. Smiley Happy 

@dmod nj......Yes, had a very good Easter.....

You are always welcome to come post here.....hey, we go way back.....

@ShowMe  yes, we do. Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

hey all

Cakers enjoyed your cat postings, it was darn cute

Show me, glad you were able to assist your neighbor lady on her phone. 

as usual, did chores, got walk in,. still nippy chilly wind. still need a jacket. sun was out early this morn but is behind many clouds so it really cooled down. my lawn man came and mowed.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

Cakers enjoyed your cat postings, it was darn cute

Show me, glad you were able to assist your neighbor lady on her phone. 

as usual, did chores, got walk in,. still nippy chilly wind. still need a jacket. sun was out early this morn but is behind many clouds so it really cooled down. my lawn man came and mowed.

ok guys will check in later.

@viva923.....glad you were able to get your chores and walk in.  Guess when it is a bit cooler, you walk faster...

Always good when lawn has been mowed.  They just finished doing that here too.  Use those commercial standup mowers....boy, those dudes are really noisy.

Was glad I could help my neighbor too.  But, am dreading having to go over there and sit to wait till her phone system is fixed.  She is a year older than I am, and just can't do cleaning (like me), and their apartment is really filthy.  It is unhealthy.  Really don't have the heart to say anything about it.  Daughter doesn't do much of any kind of cleaning....know she does the dishes and some of the laundry, and also keeps the cat box cleaned out.  Spends a lot of time in her bedroom when she is home.  So if I can help Theresa in any way, I try.

Hope you have a great day.

Respected Contributor

Hello all.Today is a beautiful day,75 and sun.Have to take our dog Sadie to the vet today for her yearly stuff and to check on her torn ACL. She is doing great,it takes a while to heal.DH is also doing well,would never know he did not do well last week.One more test Thursday,but so far everything is o,k,Having leftovers tonight as we have ham,hot dogs,potato salad,scalloped potatoes beans and cake.Have a great day and take care.ShowMe,good luck with your games!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ShowMe,

As you know, yesterday was Palm Sunday for those of us belonging to the Eastern Orthodox faith.  Predictably, the hundreds (literally) who never attend services regularly showed up for their palm. They were in additon to the over 700 families who already belong to our parish and attend regularly.  The church experienced a major overflow into the narthex.  The crowd was of such huge proportion that one of the ushers snapped that not one more person could be allowed into the church proper because the fire marshals would shut down the entire enterprise.

Well, our priest eventually moved about with the Holy Chalice and looked horrified to see many of us on the other side of the glass doors separating the narthex from the church itself.  Immediately we were let in.

Outside, meanwhile, the two policemen who parked two different police cars at critical points were directing the hordes who continued to arrive.

Fortunately, I found a place to sit after going up for communion and  after having stood for an hour.  We still had much more service to go, though...

Because I will eat no meat this week, I prepared a ham yesterday and ate quite a bit of it yesterday along with lumpy mashed potatoes.  I did not want to invest in 5 lbs. of Yukons and so bought some loose White potatoes.  As I know too well, they make for a starchy and lumpy mashed potato dish.  Shared with my neighbors across the street since one of my sons is a vegan and the other can eat only so much, and I had  food enough to share. Dropped some Easter candy in my neighbors' food bag and the daughter said her dad was delighted.  He is 89.  So happy for that.

All in all, it was a loving Palm Sunday and I communicated with some relatives to wish them well.   Quite a few of my relatives are now Protestant, so their Easter was, in fact, celebrated yesterday.

Today I am trying to do less after a busy Sunday for me.

I hope your team wins, ShowMe. 

p.s.  I forgot to write that you are such a good neighbor.  I am sure Theresa appreciates your help with her phone problem.  What a sweetheart you are!

Honored Contributor

hey all

Show me, I too like clean !!!! When i go to someone else's house and the place is dirty I just can't eat or drink anything. You know I clean around my place. I may not dust every day but once a week my place is dusted in the rooms I am working in that day.

Goldie, we have same problem the woodwork Catholics come out of the woodworks during holidays , weddings, funerals. otherwise you don't see them in church. Our church what you had yesterday we have at Christmas 4pm Mass. 1500 people usually show up for that Mass.

did get my walk in, and picked up mail.

making turkey breast and bisquits for dinner tonight.

OK guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Hello all.Today is a beautiful day,75 and sun.Have to take our dog Sadie to the vet today for her yearly stuff and to check on her torn ACL. She is doing great,it takes a while to heal.DH is also doing well,would never know he did not do well last week.One more test Thursday,but so far everything is o,k,Having leftovers tonight as we have ham,hot dogs,potato salad,scalloped potatoes beans and cake.Have a great day and take care.ShowMe,good luck with your games!

@hellie jo......Sounds like you are loving the beautiful day and temp.  Bet Sadie will be happy to see the vet...lol.  Fantastic that she is doing so well.  Yes, time does heal all wounds in its own time frame.  

Glad your DH is feeling much better.  Hope the final test this week is a good one.  

Your leftover dinner for this evening sound wonderful.  Sounds like you had a lot left.....more for you....lol.

Oh how I hope they can do well in this series.  I will be cheering them on.