Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@ShowMe ...you mentioned your lettuce...we eat a lot of salads but once it is washed it gets so limp.....and I do dry it but rinsing sure does change the lettuce.

I hope your back stops hurting...I have had back issues as well and have learned what I should  vs what I want to do, especially during the summer months...I have hauled more than my share of stone in the yard...rearranging flower bed edging and around our pond.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I attended church service at 1:00 this afternoon, then ran into Subway to pick up something for dinner. I haven't felt like cooking so took the easy way. I'm reading The Alice Network, so will  read for awhile and since I'm feeling tired I will retire early tonight. 

@RetRN.....good for you.....Church, and then into Subway so you don't have to cook dinner tonight.  Haven't had a Subway in a long time.  But always liked what I got there.  

Enjoy your book, and when tired, retire for the night.  Have a good one.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ShowMe ...you mentioned your lettuce...we eat a lot of salads but once it is washed it gets so limp.....and I do dry it but rinsing sure does change the lettuce.

I hope your back stops hurting...I have had back issues as well and have learned what I should  vs what I want to do, especially during the summer months...I have hauled more than my share of stone in the yard...rearranging flower bed edging and around our pond.

@Mom2Dogs.....never have any problem with lettuce going limp for me.  When I've washed it in as cold of water that I can, let it sort of drain itself, then put it in a plastic bag witha moist paper towel.  Always stays nice and fresh for me.  

I too wish it would stop hurting.  Some days it not always as painful, but today it has been.  They think that when I fractured my spine in the fall I had almost 2 years ago, that arthritis has set in.....  Fracture my T11.  Was in the hospital for a few days, and from there went to rehab for about 10 days for therapy.  When I came home had inhome therapy for a few weeks.  

Sorry you too are having back issues.  Sounds to me you are doing things you shouldn't be doing ....like hauling stone.  Better take care of yourself. 

Ok, time to go now....my game is starting.  

Hope you have a good Friday evening.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry you aren't able to get out to Good Friday services as you'd like, @ShowMe.  Your request for prayers is noted by me and you are included for sure.

When younger I used to take the availability of services for granted, which has changed for me.  Went to extremely well-attended candlelight Good Friday service tonight which was very beautiful.

You and the other posters here who maintain this serene, welcoming and caring thread perform a wonderful service for others.  It is a pleasure to visit.  Hoping all who are having pain and challenges are feeling better and seeing progress.

Honored Contributor

ShowMe,

The weekend after I bought my soil was rainy, and then I became ill again.  Honestly, it is like getting the planets to align to get me into my yard.  Plus, there have been many other demands on my time, emotion and energy.  There are many challenges in my life at this time.

I do not have seeds and am planning to buy some shrubs.  To tell the truth, I have this fear of investing in them and then have them not flourish.  Silly, isn't it?  I must take a chance! 

So the bone meal made you think of me.  That is so sweet.

One of my neighbors started some veggies for me to plant later, but I think something went wrong with the new growths.  I've forgotten what she told me.

My blossoms have finally emerged around my home, but the nasty wind and rain have now started to slap them down from the trees and bushes.  Darn!  The lilac bush my late husband planted is in bloom and the fragrance can be smelled from yards away.  His camelias have been out for over two weeks.  When I smell his plants or see them, I am reminded of what a beautiful gift it is to grant flowers and trees to the future.   

Since we have had some frosty evenings the last few weeks, I have been glad that I have not yet purchased my shrubs, to tell the truth.

Have a lovely evening, darling lady. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

been raining since 7pm.

did not make it out for any church services today. Just to much going on. Having my grandson also put a crimp on things too. Growing up attending a Catholic grade school and spending all day Good Friday in church with your class.

Dh and I went out to bob evans tonight for dinner. We took our grandson out to eat (less for mom-dad have to worry about when he goes home). Anyway, our grandson did go home tonight. It was a just an overnight/day today sit for us.

Show me, we have a Greek Orthodox Church next to our mission church in Maryland. We have many of the Greek Orthodox people come to our church here in town. The church (Catholic) is just down the road from my house 1.3 miles.  DH and I attend 5pm mass every Saturday night. Tomorrow we will be attending the 8pm mass at church, it is a 4 hour long. We have 6 people being brought into our church. Love the music for Holy Saturday night mass. I don’t get up and down any longer between readings, just to much for me. I listen and read along in my missalette.

not much else tonight guys. See all in the morn.

Honored Contributor

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I'm so sorry you aren't able to get out to Good Friday services as you'd like, @ShowMe.  Your request for prayers is noted by me and you are included for sure.

When younger I used to take the availability of services for granted, which has changed for me.  Went to extremely well-attended candlelight Good Friday service tonight which was very beautiful.

You and the other posters here who maintain this serene, welcoming and caring thread perform a wonderful service for others.  It is a pleasure to visit.  Hoping all who are having pain and challenges are feeling better and seeing progress.

@Oznell.....Thank you so much for your very sweet post.  And thank you for your prayers.  They are so important in my life and feel all the prayers have gotten me to where I am today with my health problems.  It's been a rough road, and don't think I could have gotten this far without them.

What a beautiful way to be able to worship on Good Friday night.  Nothing more beautiful than a candlelight service.  

Am so glad you came to join us last night.  This is a very special group of women who really care about each other.  We share our joys and sadness, and accept each other for who we are.  The longer we post the more understanding we have become of each other, and we don't criticize each other.  Always learn something new when we post.  Hope you do come back and post with us.  Have read many threads on here where you have posted and always enjoy reading your posts.

Here's hoping you have a very blessed Easter.  And have wonderful weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76......sweetie, maybe you are trying to do too much with the yard.  And with all you have going on in your life right now, that does sap you of your energy.  I do worry about you and all you try to do.  

Can imagine all the beautiful plants that are blooming in your yard....and the beautiful fragrances.  That has to be uplifting.

Sorry.....I didn't intend to hit post.  

Take your time with what ever you are going to plant.  Will be interested in learning what you are doing

Take care, and have a blessed Easter weekend.  You are in my prayers. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923......You can only do so much.  You put your little grandson first....and that too is important.  He will always remember the times he has spent with you growing up.  

Am sure your 4 hour long service tonight will be beautiful.  And probably will have some very lovely music.  If you can't get up and down like you used to, I certainly wouldn't worry about that.  At least you will have made it there to worship.

Here's hoping you and your DH have a blessed and wonderful Easter.