Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Well here we are going into early evening.  Hope everyone has had a good day.  

Didn't get everything done today that I wanted to  Didn't get the eggs cooked.  Can do that tomorrow.  Did get my grocery in and delivered....then put everything put away.  Had to make a call to instacart.....  Don't know what their problem is, but they have one.  One person does the shopping and then another one delivers.  There was a problem with the picture they posted of the young lady that was delivering my groceries.  The picture they posted was definitely not the young lady that did the delivering.  It was a picture of the young lady that delivered my groceries a couple weeks ago.  And, the shopper today didn't even bother to read my 2 requests I had on the form for her.  Just like she ignored what I had asked her.  Anyhow, think I got it straightened out....at least I hope I did.  

Made a call to Customer Service at the Q.....they have been sitting on an order I placed 5 days ago.  It is still in "Process".....  Reason was "they were sorry, but it is because of the weather."  Excuse me.....    Did tell her that this has happened quite a bit lately.  Imagine I'm not the only one that is having this problem.  But, the weather can be blamed for a lot of things....it's the Q's responsibility that they have enough people to fill the orders.  Once again, they are getting too big for their britches.....and that is when the problems really start showing up.  Had an order in to The Vermont Country Store at about the same time.  That package was received today.  And I got free shipping with that package.  Go figure.....

Think I will be making a nice chicken sandwich for my supper, along with some steamed veggies and V8 juice.  Have to slice the chicken.  It does look good.  

Ok, will be back later to see what is going on.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Hello and Happy Friday.

Not much doing today. Went to the bank and then food shopping late morning. Sent a letter of recommendation as requested by someone. Quiet at home for a change. Was expecting a contractor to come and put up my new over the range vent fan, but he bailed until 8 a.m. tomorrow. I would have preferred today. Continued putting my kitchen back together and really editing the contents. Everything is still pretty dusty and may be more so with the work being done tomorrow. After that all that remains is installation of the backsplash tile, a two day job. That is a whole other story. 

Off to the library and a quick stop at HomeGoods before dinner.

@queendiva.....don't you love it when your schedule is changed by the installers....  Is that quiet getting to you yet?  Am sure you can hardly wait to see the last of the backsplash being installed and the grout put on it.....  This has really been a big project for you to go through.  But, it will be worth it once it is complete and the cleaning is done.  

Here's hoping you have a lovely Friday evening.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Frau K wrote:

Hello, 

Today I picked up my mom for some running around. We had pedicures then lunch, pizza and wings, then she needed groceries. I got some groceries too. It’s breezy and 66. Cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher. I’m trying not to cook tonight.... we’ll see. Maybe Culver’s since I got a bunch of coupons. Have a nice evening everyone.

@Frau K.....great that you and mom got pampered.  Am sure you both enjoyed your lunch.  66 sounds like a pretty nice temp.  Don't blame you for not feeling like cooking this evening....after all you just cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher.  Culver's is a great place to get a Friday night supper....and having coupons makes it even better.

Enjoy your evening doing nothing.  

Respected Contributor

I ended up making baked chicken with rice and a salad Will use the leftover chicken tomorrow for chicken salad.Supposed to rain here tomorrow, but at least no freezing temps.Will finish the laundry tomorrow also.Take care.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

I ended up making baked chicken with rice and a salad Will use the leftover chicken tomorrow for chicken salad.Supposed to rain here tomorrow, but at least no freezing temps.Will finish the laundry tomorrow also.Take care.

@hellie jo......your dinner sounds like it was a delicious one.  And am sure you will enjoy your chicken salad today.  Rain is better than snow or freezing rain.....and so is no freezing temps.  Love it when I read that some of you haven't finished your laundry.  That's ok....One more day won't make a difference.

Hope you have a great Saturday.

Honored Contributor

Morning everyone.  Hope everyone had a good night's sleep and you are doing your Saturday chores.

It is really quite dark outside right now.  Am hearing thunder, and it is raining.  Currently we have been notified that we will be under a wind advisory from 12:00 noon to midnight.  Some winds could get up to 50 to 55 mph.  Some trees may be blown over, some areas could lose their power....etc.....all that goes with high winds.  It is about 41 out there now and the high is supposed to make it to 55.

Didn't get everything done yesterday that I wanted to get done, so will aim towards getting that all done today.  Am so glad that I can do my chores at my own pace, and don't have to answer to anyone why I haven't completed everything.  That is a good feeling.  

Placed another call to instacart last night.  Just wasn't happy about the roasted chicken being very cold when it was delivered.  They gave me full credit for it.  I have a form they want me to fill out, so I will be doing that today.  The Schnuck's store they shop at is not the best, and sure wish they would find another Schnuck's close by to get orders filled at.  They keep saying they are sorry when something is wrong, but just don't change.  

Ok, time for me to get dressed and make my bed.  Then take it from there.  Will be back later on.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Honored Contributor

Be "gentle" on that form @ShowMe .  If you keep complaining, instacart may tell you to find another source.  I'm sure they are busy enough.  Just a thought sweetie.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you. LOL 

That storm you are having is headed our way.  Dang sure don't want to see, or hear, that sucker.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Hello,

We use shipt every now and then. So far so good. Today I’m cleaning the kitchen and floors. Also the laundry. I’m making taco soup for dinner. Just had a head cheese sandwich. DH says it’s the grossest looking thing he can imagine to eat. To each his own I guess.😁  Have a nice Saturday everyone.

Respected Contributor

Running through to wave hello to @Preds.  My timing was perfect today, so I saw you post and want to say hello!  Please take care with the approaching storms.  A thunder storm has just started here, so no doubt you will probably be getting some of this weather sometime soon.  Hope you are doing well and sending good thoughts your way.  Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Running through to wave hello to @Preds.  My timing was perfect today, so I saw you post and want to say hello!  Please take care with the approaching storms.  A thunder storm has just started here, so no doubt you will probably be getting some of this weather sometime soon.  Hope you are doing well and sending good thoughts your way.  Heart

Hello back @pitdakota .  Doing great here.  Thunder just started here, too.  You take care, also.  Thanks for the Hi! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."