Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@ShowMe  I thought that was you!

Image result for peeking cat gif

Honored Contributor

Good morning...dh and I are heading to the city....a much larger town about an hour from home....malls, restaurants, etc.

I want to hit the antique mall, I am currently working on some craft projects...not original ideas but things I saw on Etsy..making things from old, vintage doll parts.

My mom was a collector and I have a few things I want to make from her things.  Not sure I can pull it off, I can do some things but I am not 'artistic'...I have all my old jewerly, buttons and doll parts spread all over the  dining room table, ha, ha......those things may be there for a long time.  I wish I had some artsy friends, that could help me.

Once home I may make a coffee cake for the upcoming week breakfasts, my sister will be here, she may or may not eat the cake but I will have it just in case.....oh and snow is coming, ugh.

Have a good day.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs........You have one busy day planned out.  

Boy, all the stuff you have on your dining room table....my Mr. Lucky would clean that off for you.  He's good at that kind of thing.  LOL  I would be of no help to you at all when it comes to anything with crafts.

Have fun making your coffee cake.  That is something I have always liked.  Heck, if your sister doesn't want to eat it, send her portion to me.

If you are to be getting snow today, maybe her plane will be cancelled.  I don't know if our airport is open today or not.  

Here's hoping that everything will go smoothly for you when your sister arrives.

Honored Contributor

Morning everyone.  

Currently we are all covered with that white stuff called SNOW.  Have no idea how much is out there, but it is a lot.  The plow truck was already here early this morning to plow the parking lot.  You should see the pile they made   Wonder how long it will be before that melts.  Yes, it is still snowing.  

Think Jeanne parked her car out front instead of her spot next to my car.  Heard her upstairs a little earlier.  She told me she wanted to do the table runners I have on top of the two cabinets I have in the kitchen.  The one that will be a problem will be where I have my micro.  That think is so heavy.  Know it will take both of us to get that runner off.  Also, have a very pretty lamp on that cabinet that I got at Dillard's before they closed the store in the mall that doesn't exist anymore in Crestwood.  Have my canister set and Phaltzgraph(?) lamp on the other cabinet.  Will be cleaning all of that stuff before it is put back.  Don't know if I want to get into all of that today or not.

Just went out to the back hall to look out to see what they did with the plowing.....  Jeanne was downstairs doing a load of her laundry and I was out there when she came up.  We talked about the runners....and she also wanted to wash and dry the window curtains.....told her I didn't think I was up to all that today.  

Ok, want to get over to the other thread on the snow that I started yesterday.  Need to see what everyone has to say about what is going on with the snow where they live.  Know we have made the news with it here in St. Louis.

Here's hoping everyone has a good day today.  

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56......such a cute picture.  Noticed the nose, whiskers and eye moving.....

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone! I have  been up since 5 doing laundry and starting supper. DS will be home at 2.I am making goulash,German potato dumplings, red cabbage and an apple cake. I didn't get to get a haircut yesterday,has to wait until February. I did get a haircolor,  will do that while my cake is in the oven. Stay warm showme !!

Honored Contributor

Ah, you own some Phaltzgraff, I see.  Something else we have in common.

Not that I own pieces anymore as I bought small animals from the company when I was a young child returning from my grandparents' home in York, Pa.  That is where the company started.

My mother missed her family, and she would often -- when we were young -- take us out of school for a day to visit her family who lived a good distance away from us.  I chuckle as I remember that this occurred often during third grade.  My teacher, Miss Stitely, was fond of frog figurines, so each time I returned to class from one of the trips to see Grandma and Grandpa, Miss Stitely was given a new frog figure from Phaltzgraff.  She knew what I was up to, but she always accepted it graciously and added it to her collection. 

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Happy Saturday everyone! I have  been up since 5 doing laundry and starting supper. DS will be home at 2.I am making goulash,German potato dumplings, red cabbage and an apple cake. I didn't get to get a haircut yesterday,has to wait until February. I did get a haircolor,  will do that while my cake is in the oven. Stay warm showme !!

Bet it smells good in your house.  Sounds delicious.  Nothing like German food.  

I got some cooked shrimp in my grocery order....Got a pound of it.  Want to fix something with that today.  May make a shrimp casserole of some kind.  Good day to use the oven.  

Hope you are having a good day.....

Honored Contributor

@golding76.....The lamp is the only piece I have.  It is the jug with the heart made of the blue corn flowers in the center.  Came with a navy blue shade.  After a while I got tired of the navy shade, and bought a really cute shade at Penney's.  It is sort of a paisley with many colors in it....also navy.  

Cute story about the frogs.....

I do have quite a nice collection of Wedgewood.  Some Wedgewood blue w/white, pink w/white and black w/white.  Have a beautiful creamy white with flowers all around it that I call my mashed taters bowl.  And of course, my beautiful china set.  

Have quite a collection of Beellek....some old and some new.  Also have a few Royal Dalton dolls....they were mostly my mother's.  My sister and I divided them up.  And when I was working at Dillard's in the home department, we were having a signing sale of Royal Dalton dolls and of course I had to get one and have it signed in gold ink by the artist  I have the one doll on my dresser that has my name (on the bottom).

Also have some beautiful pieces of Waterford.   

Many of these things are quite old now....and I do take very good care of them.  

Super Contributor

Yum!!!!! Goulash and red cabbage!!! One of my most favorite meals.