Valued Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@ShowMe wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

I donated several boxes of kitchen/household items to Goodwill. Looked around and found a Carol Hochman plush robe new with tags. The price was $10, but it was 50% off. I allso found a new in the box Gorham crystal bowl. The price was $12, and it was 50% off.

I also donated 5 boxes of clothing, shoes, purses, and costume jewely to a non-profit organization that helps women getting back into the work force by giving them free clothing.

When I got home, I made some homemade lentil soup for dinner.

@manhattan1950......you got a heck of a lot accomplished......contratulations......  It really makes a person feel good when you know things are going to a good cause.  Good for you.  

THANKS!

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

I'm not doing anything right now.  Have done a couple chores already, but don't have much energy today.  Got worn out yesterday, and did get to sleep in a little later this morning....like 8:30.  

Have gradually gotten some of the laundry from last evening put away, but still have more to do.  

Just finished eating my lunch a little bit ago, and really would like to take a nap.....but better not.  

Trying to put together an outfit for my daughter to wear to a ceremony/party.  Went to mall looking for shoes (thought we had a dress), but she found a different dress she liked better.  Of course it's sleeveless (just about all the dresses are) so need to find something like a shrug.  It's a very dark navy...so hard finding anything dark navy.  UGH!  Will start taking down Christmas decorations.  It's 9 p.m. and I'm just finishing up some laundry I didn't get to this morning.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@MarthaStewardess  A very happy birthday.  Hope you enjoyed a special day.

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Went to Home Depot with DH to buy his Birthday gift. Home Depot is so boring to me. Got his gifts and we are both happy. He is hard to buy for. Went out to eat. Came home and I started the put away process. Have a way to go. 

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Went to Home Depot with DH to buy his Birthday gift. Home Depot is so boring to me. Got his gifts and we are both happy. He is hard to buy for. Went out to eat. Came home and I started the put away process. Have a way to go. 

@Catiele.....jobs well accomplished.  Good day for both of you.  

Honored Contributor

Well, it is time for me to call it a day (night).....getting tired now.  Want to go get into my jammies and have a little treat before I hit the hay.  And need to get Mr. Lucky his treat before he hits the hay too.  This is our nightly ritual.  He does sleep in his own bed in the living room.  Never sleeps with me because I toss too much.  

Sweet dreams, and will see you all some time tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Just 4 things, but they have to be done.  

1.  Pick up a book at the library.

2.  Take a pair of pants to the cleaners to be mended

3.  Donate a heavy bag of clothing to Goodwill

4.  Take 18k gold necklace to jewelers to mend  (broke this 5 months ago.  Still sitting in my jewelry box)

When you work, you only have so many hours of this to do.  

@songbird......yes, there are some disadvantages to having to work.  Not much time to do the things you want or need to do.  Hope you got everything accomplished.

thank you!  I'm doing one thing today (Bless the library for being open) getting my iibrary book.  Goodwill is closed unfortionately.  My goal is this Saturday with that.  & the cleaners.

Honored Contributor

Good morning one and all.  

It is rather cold here this morning....right now 26.  So far, we are not anticipating any snow.  Supposed to get up in the 40's and 50's here this coming week.  Also supposed to get some rain.  

Am enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee.  Had a good night's sleep.  Woke up at about 7:15.  

Really don't have much planned for today.  My closets and drawers have all been done, laundered clothes put away, have been keeping the kitchen cleaned up, and all bills have been paid.  So as far as working around here goes, in pretty good shape.  Do need to write some thank you notes.  Think I will be doing some channel surfing.....

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning ShowMe and Everyone!

It’s a cold morning here with a chilly day to follow.  I’m on my second cup of coffee and have a pot of turkey soup simmering on the stove. 

Today I’m planning on putting away our Christmas decorations. After that not much else .....

Hope everyone has a great day!

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

@RubyNoel......sounds like you're off to a good start.  Bet that turkey soup will be delicious.  Enjoy.  And once those decorations are all put away, you can prop your feet up, and enjoy the rest of your day.  

Sometimes that 2nd cup of coffee tastes better than the 1st one does.  Love my coffee too.