Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@MarthaStewardess  A very happy birthday.  Hope you enjoyed a special day.

Honored Contributor

I needed to make a run to CVS, and since it was nice and sunny, I asked my husband if he felt like going for a ride.  

He is trying to heal a serious pressure ulcer on his foot, and hadn’t been out of the house but once in 15 days, so we went for a drive in the sunshine, and had lunch out.   

Respected Contributor

I just got back from the landfill...went to the car wash and cleaned the inside of my truck....don't mind the mud on the outside, it's a truck and I live in the mountains...still very cold out,all my birdbaths are still completely frozen...looking forward to spring to start gardening again

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just 4 things, but they have to be done.  

1.  Pick up a book at the library.

2.  Take a pair of pants to the cleaners to be mended

3.  Donate a heavy bag of clothing to Goodwill

4.  Take 18k gold necklace to jewelers to mend  (broke this 5 months ago.  Still sitting in my jewelry box)

When you work, you only have so many hours of this to do.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I needed to make a run to CVS, and since it was nice and sunny, I asked my husband if he felt like going for a ride.  

He is trying to heal a serious pressure ulcer on his foot, and hadn’t been out of the house but once in 15 days, so we went for a drive in the sunshine, and had lunch out.   

@RedTop......good for you......nothing like sunshine to make a person feel better.  Bet your DH will sleep well tonight.....  

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I just got back from the landfill...went to the car wash and cleaned the inside of my truck....don't mind the mud on the outside, it's a truck and I live in the mountains...still very cold out,all my birdbaths are still completely frozen...looking forward to spring to start gardening again

@fourpaws56......wow, that's some pretty cold temps.  Poor birdies......  You can keep all that freezing.  Dread it when we finally get it.  It will happen.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Just 4 things, but they have to be done.  

1.  Pick up a book at the library.

2.  Take a pair of pants to the cleaners to be mended

3.  Donate a heavy bag of clothing to Goodwill

4.  Take 18k gold necklace to jewelers to mend  (broke this 5 months ago.  Still sitting in my jewelry box)

When you work, you only have so many hours of this to do.  

@songbird......yes, there are some disadvantages to having to work.  Not much time to do the things you want or need to do.  Hope you got everything accomplished.

Valued Contributor

I donated several boxes of kitchen/household items to Goodwill. Looked around and found a Carol Hochman plush robe new with tags. The price was $10, but it was 50% off. I allso found a new in the box Gorham crystal bowl. The price was $12, and it was 50% off.

I also donated 5 boxes of clothing, shoes, purses, and costume jewely to a non-profit organization that helps women getting back into the work force by giving them free clothing.

When I got home, I made some homemade lentil soup for dinner.

Honored Contributor

Had a call from the neighbor whose apartment is connected to mine.....L shaped building.  She had been in rehab and wanted to let me know she is home.  Apparently she didn't get the good care there she was needing, nor her pain pills.  Was told they didn't have any pain pills.  What does that tell you????  

Any how, she was telling me that there is a new couple living across the hall from her.  Said they are very nice.  And, they are seeing to it that she has one good meal a day.  And he has offered to take her to the doctor for her next visit.  She is about 86.  Has fallen 2 times.  Also has cancer, for which she has denied all treatment for.  She proceeded to tell me about how their apartment had been gutted out and remodelled before they moved in.  Kitchen has all new stainless steel appliances, including dishwasher, new cabinets with some new additional ones,(these apartments are lacking kitchen cabinets....period).  Also put all new in the bathroom, and ceiling lights.  Apparently it looks quite pretty.  Asked her if they told her what kind of rent they are paying.....she said no, and she didn't ask.  You can bet your sweet bippy it is quite a bit.  Imagine they will be redoing each apartment as they become vacated.  

This woman and I are here about the longest of any of the other tenants in their buildings in this apartment complex.  Everyone has been saying they really need to do something, but I know I could not afford to live here if they decide to do all of the units.  

But no matter how nice they fix the apartments up, there is only so much they can get for rent here.  No amenities, like covered parking, pool, etc.  And no new windows....we have old windows here.  Do have storm windows, but they are really not the best and there is nothing but cold air around all the windows.  

Will be interesting to see how things will be changing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manhattan1950 wrote:

I donated several boxes of kitchen/household items to Goodwill. Looked around and found a Carol Hochman plush robe new with tags. The price was $10, but it was 50% off. I allso found a new in the box Gorham crystal bowl. The price was $12, and it was 50% off.

I also donated 5 boxes of clothing, shoes, purses, and costume jewely to a non-profit organization that helps women getting back into the work force by giving them free clothing.

When I got home, I made some homemade lentil soup for dinner.

@manhattan1950......you got a heck of a lot accomplished......congratulations......  It really makes a person feel good when you know things are going to a good cause.  Good for you.