Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Absolutely nothing. DH & I are fighting off colds,it’s been pouring all day.We’ve been resting & drinking lots of water.

I ordered in Panera for lunch & just ordered Chinese for dinner.

It’s nice to do nothing once in a while.We seldom get lazy days!!

@NicksmomESQ.....it's ok to have a lazy day.....  Hope you get to feeling better soon.  

Love anything from Panera, and my favorite Chinese place closed down.  I'm having some shrimp and cocktail sauce.  My chemo buddy brought me gobs of those dudes.  Love shrimp.

Take care.....

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe  Thanks for your good wishes. I love shrimp 🍤 too!! Like potato chips I can’t eat just one!!

I hope you have a Happy & Healthy New Year!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@ShowMe  Thanks for your good wishes. I love shrimp 🍤 too!! Like potato chips I can’t eat just one!!

I hope you have a Happy & Healthy New Year!!

@NicksmomESQ......nope, can't eat just one.....think I'm going to do them in soon.  She made her own sauce....simply delicious....and not runny like the bottled stuff is.  Am totally enjoying my supper.

And thanks for your good wishes too.  2019 has to be better than 2018.....in more than one way.  

Have heard of a couple more new treatments that are out there for those of us that have stage 4 metastatic melanoma.  Will be having a pretty long visit with my oncologist next month.....we need to discuss these different treatments.  

Honored Contributor

Steam cleaned all my floors (tile).  Our house isn't huge so it didn't take long but I'm feeling it.

DId one load of laundry and now I'm really feeling it.   

I'm down for the count tonight. 

Image result for tired gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

More basic cleaning, more laundry, readied the supplies and waited for the Home Health visit.   Visited with my cousin who stopped by to get 3 items he left here on Christmas Day.  

Honored Contributor

Ok, calling it a day now.  Have my jammies on already.  Will be taking my Tylenol, brush my teeth, then hit the hay.  Will be back tomorrow to see what everyone is doing.

Sweet dreams one and all.

Honored Contributor

Good morning and happy Saturday everyone.

The sun is not bright yet.....and it is quite chilly here this morning.

Slept like a baby last night.  Felt sooooo good.  

Haven't figured out yet what I want to do or need to do today.  Have started my grocery list.....needed to get cat litter ordered.....down to the last bag...  I get the Yesterday's News litter.  No dust or odor......  He has used that since I have had him.  Usually get 2 bags at a time.  Storage is a problem with that.  Will have this order delivered to me some time this morning.  Still thinking of anything else I need before completing it.....

May work on getting rid of all the catalogs I've gotten.  Can't put all of them in the trash at one time.  One of my neighbors takes my trash bags to the dumpster for me.  

Thinking when I get my shower I will be putting on one of my new tops that Jeanne (upstairs....she does my laundry and cleans my apartment) gave me for Christmas.  She gave me 3 new very pretty knit t's.....  She is so funny......she who commented on the new things I had to buy.....and she had to launder before I could wear them.....and what does she do, buys me 3 new tops.  But she said when she saw them at the store, she just had to get them.  Have pants that I can wear each one with.....and the tops can be worn with more than one color.  

Jeanne did the same thing for my birthday.  I was really in need of some jammies.....so she gave me a very cute and nice set for the summer.  Everything I had in jammies were way way to big for me, and you can only pull the ties so far to make the pants fit.  Had reached the point where I couldn't hold them up any longer.  

Ok, now I want to hear what you will be doing on this last Saturday in 2018.....   Hope you have a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

Lol, I haven't left the house since I got home from work Sunday night.  I've enjoyed Christmas week.  Today is my birthday.   Going out shopping with my mother. Going to have a look for some bargains.  

Honored Contributor

Hi @ShowMe. Today we are going shopping at a local mall and then having a light lunch. I rarely feel well enough to actually walk the mall and I take advantage of my "good" days. I enjoy shopping on line but there still is nothing quite like actually seeing something before I buy it. Love fashion and prefer buying it where I know it won't be mis-sized or completely different than how it is represented in a photo on the web....

Respected Contributor

I've had my shower and a cup of coffee.   I'll get dressed soon.   I have a bridge game to go to this afternoon.  

It's 7 degrees here!!!  And lots of snow still on everything.  But the sun is shinning and the skies are blue, so I'm happy.

I'll pick up a few things at the grocery store on my way home but have to get home by 6 for the OU-Alabama playoff game.   Go Sooners!!!!!!

We'll have Trader Joe's chicken and rice with added turkey (polish that off) and at halftime I'll make a meat loaf for tomorrow.   

We'll get the fireplace going and I'll roast marshmallows with my new REI roasting sticks I bought after xmas.  

Should be a good day.  Hope all of you have a good one too.