Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Nothing much--taking my usual walk but I will wait for it isn't even 60 in CA. Already ordered 2 things on lunchtime. Should put my wash away and start another. Lazy and don't know if the later gets done. Talk to my cats. Hard to get started at 81.

Esteemed Contributor

It’s raining here so I’m working on my indoor project – genealogy. 

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@AKgirl2  The big day is here!!  Happy BIrthday!!Woman Happy

@Cakers3 ~ It sure is!  Thank you for your birthday wishes,

much appreciated❤️💚

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@AKgirl2

Happy Birthday!

Have a fabulous day!

@ShowMe@Cakers3

Flying home...ALL DAY!

@LTT1 ~ Thank you for the birthday wishes.

i know it's a tough day of traveling for you, safe home!

Respected Contributor

@RedTop ~ Thank you for your birthday wishes!❤️💚

Honored Contributor

The months of running around, decorating, and baking caught up with me yesterday.  I lay down for a ten minute nap, and woke up two hours later, lol.  Slept all night also, never happens, so feel pretty good today.  I took the pups to the groomer for their monthly nail clipping, and now will create menus for New Year's Eve and Day after going through my folders.

Cold but sunny weather today, with slight wind.  No rain in sight for a while, so am afraid a drought will be declared at some point, even though there has been and will be rain, will see.

Honored Contributor

No, I've not fallen in any place.....still here.  

Had a busy afternoon and evening yesterday.  My neighbor across the drive-thru called and wanted to come see me.  We had a good visit, and got exchange our presents.  Must have been here for close to 3 hours.  Then when she left, I had to fix my supper, eat, and then clean up the kitchen.  By that time, I was tired, so put on my jammies and watched some TV.  Hit the hay early.  Didn't get a few things done that I wanted to do, but got to them today.

Woke up at about 7:15 this morning.  After having my first cup of coffee, I gathered up my bills and checkbook....finally got those bills paid, and also my rent check which is due in on 1/1/19.  When I finished with that, got dressed, then cleaned out the cat box.....then had a little breakfast.  Called the rental office to let them know my check is ready to be picked up.  I'm the only one they do this for.....can't walk down the hill to the office using my walker.  Cut all the meat off the rotisseried chicken and cleaned up that mess.  Fixed a delicious chicken sandwich on wheat bread with Miracle Whip.  Really enjoyed that.

By that time, I was getting tired.  Did come on here and started a birthday thread to our birthday girl....and hearted some of the posts on this thread.  Managed to take a nap this afternoon.  Took my Thylenol ES, and then put my head back.  Slept for a while.  But the weather here has really caused my back to act up.  I can take a lot of pain, but am getting tired of it.....  

Any how, it has been overcast here all day and it hasn't gotten up to the 40's yet.....and don't think it will now.  

You all have been pretty busy, and yes, some have been taking it easy.  

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1

Key West sounds wonderful.

We flew there for an overnight when we were vacationing in Ft. Meyer's Beach.  I wanted to take the boat down, but DH said it took too long, so we flew in a small plane.

We stayed at a lovely B&B in a tiny room...The Avalon?  Across the street was a fantastic butterfly sanctuary where you could walk through and visit with so many beautiful butterflies.  Wonderful!

Sadly, a round of storms left what few beaches they have filled with mounds of sea weed.  It was terrible.  We found one tiny beach that was clear enough to enter the water and discovered it was a favorite of the homeless folks in the area.

A local told us they have to import most of the sand for their beaches....dragging it in from way off shore.  I had no idea.  

I'm not sure I would go again, but it was fun for a day or so.

Do you stay at a favorite spot?

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely nothing. DH & I are fighting off colds,it’s been pouring all day.We’ve been resting & drinking lots of water.

I ordered in Panera for lunch & just ordered Chinese for dinner.

It’s nice to do nothing once in a while.We seldom get lazy days!!

Honored Contributor

@......John, you wore me out.....   Where do you get all that energy?