Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY PAYING FOR GAS?

Yesterday I drove by an Arco station that usually has good prices, and their price was $3.85.  I kept driving.   

A few miles away I got gas at another fave gas station, and paid $3.75.

As ridiculous as it sounds .... I felt like I got a deal.  Sort of.

Honored Contributor

Currently we are paying $3.80-$3.85 a gallon for non-ethanol.  We only use non-ethanol gas in our vehicles.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I live in Southern CA, and our state's gas prices are higher than most .... different formulas in different seasons to keep emissions low, etc.  We've got a large population, lots of cars, and smog hanging in the air isn't healthy.  I get it.

A few months ago, I was grumbling that $3.05 was too high .... and a few weeks ago I paid $3.73 a gallon!

I just read that gas prices will be going up nationally and am wondering ....  What city or area are you in and what are you currently paying for gas?  

I think our gas prices are the highest in the country!! Boo Hiss!!!

Honored Contributor

In the San Antonio, TX area it's $2.27 on average....⛽

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I live in Southern CA, and our state's gas prices are higher than most .... different formulas in different seasons to keep emissions low, etc.  We've got a large population, lots of cars, and smog hanging in the air isn't healthy.  I get it.

A few months ago, I was grumbling that $3.05 was too high .... and a few weeks ago I paid $3.73 a gallon!

I just read that gas prices will be going up nationally and am wondering ....  What city or area are you in and what are you currently paying for gas?  

I think our gas prices are the highest in the country!! Boo Hiss!!! Our saving grace is we have a 1976 Dodge Diesel truck that has a cummins engine and is in great condition. Doesn't have to be smogged and gets 28 mi/gal. We had it refurbished 4 years ago and it looks like new.  Best money we ever spent on a vehicle. The only time we use the Lincoln is when we are going out for dinner or someplace nice.

Trusted Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Trusted Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@arrabella wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think our gas prices are the highest in the country!! Boo Hiss!!! Our saving grace is we have a 1976 Dodge Diesel truck that has a cummins engine and is in great condition. Doesn't have to be smogged and gets 28 mi/gal. We had it refurbished 4 years ago and it looks like new.  Best money we ever spent on a vehicle. The only time we use the Lincoln is when we are going out for dinner or someplace nice. Sorry for the double post.

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think our gas prices are the highest in the country!! Boo Hiss!!!

@arrabella 

Where are you located? 

Respected Contributor

I think the last time we filled up , it was $3.49 + or -.   But we have a mid size SUV and it is diesel, so that is always higher.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know about anyone/anywhere else, but folks around here seem to spend a lot of time in their cars, in their driveways, engine running and texting for about 10 to 20 minutes before they leave.  Sometimes even longer.

I seriously doubt that they care about the price of gasoline.  My guess is that they would continue, even if the price were $5, $10 or more a gallon.

Well, that's the way I've been thinking for the past several years.  Ever since the last price hike a few years ago.  

I kept thinking and wondering 'Don't they even care about the price of gas'?

Oh well, things could be (and have been) worse in many other areas, so I shouldn't complain about materialistic things and prices. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).