Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT A SAD BUT LOVELY DAY IN MEMORY OF GEORGE H W BUSH

@ShowMe wrote:

@Pearlee.....it's been a known fact that GWB had a drinking problem, and that was difficult for the whole family.  But thankfully he got straightened out....by his adorable wife.....  There really isn't a family existing that has always been perfect....and the Bush family isn't any different.  But, they love one another and respect one another.  

@ShowMe  I realize that.  However, my post was in response to a particular sentence in Sooner's post.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee.....yes I know you were.....it was done in red.....

Just wanted to clarify that about GWB.......

Honored Contributor

Last night on Saturday Night Live at the end of Weekend Update they had a nice tribute to George H W Bush. They showed Dana Carvey doing an impression of Bush with the real President Bush criticizing Dana's impression of him. It showed he was a good sport who could take a joke.

Trusted Contributor

A true hero in every sense of the word.  He was a lovely man and so was his wife, Barbara.  He devoted his life to making things better for others.  Thank you, Mr. President.

Honored Contributor

Sully

Sully, the service dog of George Herbert Walker Bush.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

O.K. .. now that made me cry ....

Honored Contributor

Sully

Sully

@Big Joanie

Sully already has a new mission lined up.  He'll be heading to Walter Reed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Sully

Sully

@Big Joanie

Sully already has a new mission lined up.  He'll be heading to Walter Reed.

I'm glad Sully will be put into service for many who need his help at Walter Reed. The family could have chosen to keep him in the family, but it is a better tribute to President Bush that this beloved friend will help others.

Honored Contributor

Out of respect for the 41st President of the United States and to honor his vast contributions to our country during his lifetime, and consistent with the Presidential Proclamation, the United States Postal Service will suspend regular mail deliveries, retail services and administrative office activity on Dec. 5.

http://postalnews.com/blog/2018/12/03/usps-to-suspend-mail-delivery-retail-services-on-wednesday-day...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Sully

Sully, the service dog of George Herbert Walker Bush.

oh my gosh, I broke down and sobbed my eyes out over this photo...