Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🎃 WELL IT MUST BE FALL BECAUSE...

@Pearlee 

Believe it or not, I've NEVER had one cup of anything Starbucks.  None near my house, and I didn't drink coffee at work.

However, I would often see everyone come back in the afternoon with huge cups of Starbucks topped with whipped cream or something.  It always looked yummy.

It's near 100 here today, but I am longing for something pumpkin spice.  This sounds perfect but unattainable at the moment.

Esteemed Contributor

It's 90 degrees today and no SB near me....

BUT thanks for the pumpkin muffin idea! I have canned pumpkin, a good pumpkin bread recipe. 1/2 fill a muffin tin and mix up a bit of cream cheese filling......

A dozen for the cost of just one! Brilliant!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman. Just as well for you. SB is way overpriced. But I'm in the rewards points program so I get a lot if "free" food/drink using points.  The whipped cream on top drinks are yummy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went to our local library on my lunch hour today and the sign outside stating a reading group starting back on September 7th.  I walked past it think I love that word, September and all that that it implies.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

I hope you get one and enjoy it! Smiley Happy

I drank so many last year I'm surprised a stem with pumpkin leaves didn't grow out of the top of my head. I'm going to try to practice some self-control this year and limit it to once a day week--maybe twice. For one thing (without looking it up to be completely accurate) I think they're around 250 calories for a grande and I'm not big on drinking my calories unless it's a cocktail, lol. 

It's hard, though, because they're seasonal and there's the feeling of not wanting to miss out. Kind of like when the QVC hosts says you better get it before it's gone! It never works on me for shopping but those seasonal drinks are my weakness. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I drive by a SB on my way to work every day.  I had downloaded the app and I used to stop daily and buy a regular coffee.  A few times during the season, I had to have a pumpkin scone. I gave that up when I realized how much money I was spending on coffee every week.  

I'm glad I made that choice because since they re-opened after Covid shut them down, the lines every morning are around the building no matter what day of the week or what time.  I'd have to leave for work 30 minutes early to go there.

I did notice Starbucks Fall Blend coffee in the stores.  I will hold out though until after Labor Day.      

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I went to our local library on my lunch hour today and the sign outside stating a reading group starting back on September 7th.  I walked past it think I love that word, September and all that that it implies.

especially sept 22....the first day of Fall......i'm always glad to see the end of summer!!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I drive by a SB on my way to work every day.  I had downloaded the app and I used to stop daily and buy a regular coffee.  A few times during the season, I had to have a pumpkin scone. I gave that up when I realized how much money I was spending on coffee every week.  

I'm glad I made that choice because since they re-opened after Covid shut them down, the lines every morning are around the building no matter what day of the week or what time.  I'd have to leave for work 30 minutes early to go there.

I did notice Starbucks Fall Blend coffee in the stores.  I will hold out though until after Labor Day.      

@Lipstickdiva  All our SB are short staffed The drive-thru wait is longer and stores cut their hours, closing early off and on depending on how staffing goes.  I usually go in and get what I want which is quicker than the drive thru.

Respected Contributor

Although I love the Fall, I'm not ready for anything along those lines just yet. It needs to cool down first.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

Hopefully they are also selling the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins too!

@World Traveler  Just saw in my SB app the muffin is available to order! The cold brew with pumpkin topping too. 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃