Esteemed Contributor

Mother who was stalked and threatened with sexual assault for ten years learns the emails were sent by her HUSBAND

A woman from Linden, Utah has been receiving emails threatening her with assault and rape since 2006

She finally notified police who after an investigation revealed that her husband had been sending the emails

The husband admitted to sending the emails, claiming he was jealous over an affair his wife had 10 years prior

The mother of three had now separated from her husband and has an order of protection
The husband is facing 10 counts of stalking

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3152804/Mother-three-stalked-threatened-sexual-assault-10-YE...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Freaky!

Honored Contributor

This is very common.  Experts suspect that like murder, stalking is rarely committed by a complete stranger.

Honored Contributor
Hummm...this doesn't smell right. She waited 10 Years to go to authorities?!! I would bet there's much, much more to this story than what's being reported.
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

This is very common.  Experts suspect that like murder, stalking is rarely committed by a complete stranger.

It's common for a man living with his wife to pretend to be a stalker and send her threatening messages?

Not in my neck of the woods.

Ex-husband maybe. But not someone you're married to and currently living with.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It is frightening to think that she did not know she was married to someone so sick and twisted. It is awful and so scary. Thank goodness she left him.

Trusted Contributor
The whole story sounds bizarre. He stalks her she doesn't report it for ten years. Doesn't make sense. If someone was stalking you I'm sure you would report it. I know I would. Maybe she thought it was her old lover!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that there must be more to this story. 10 years??

Esteemed Contributor

Husband was probably a weirdo when she married him.  Many stalk after a divorce or separation.  !0 years before reporting things sounds like she may have suspected him but didn't want to get him in trouble - she finally got fed up. 

My ex stalked and vandalized.  His new girlfriend/later wife, probably didn't know.  Glad after so many years they moved out of the area entirely.  I have peace. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

There's no such thing as a stalking story that isn't weird. Stalking is weird and creepy by default.

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:
The whole story sounds bizarre. He stalks her she doesn't report it for ten years. Doesn't make sense. If someone was stalking you I'm sure you would report it. I know I would. Maybe she thought it was her old lover!

Many people do not report it. People don't report many crimes, like rape, abuse, or blackmail. Stalking is also underreported. One reason is that it's so hard for the police to do anything about it and people feel like it's not worth the trouble.