Respected Contributor

WE NEED DATES ON ORIGINAL POSTS

Q, we need to see the dates on original posts without having to click on every topic to check it out!!  Its a waste of time.  Please bring that feature back like it ws on the previous forums.  That's really a needed feature

Honored Contributor

Re: WE NEED DATES ON ORIGINAL POSTS

That would be nice, especially when people start a thread to ask about 'today's TSV' or something like that. 

They never put the date in the thread title so you open it up (well, I used to - don't anymore) just to see that it's from another day or week or month.  argh!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

They say yesterday, or Thursday or 2 weeks ago, I dont like that.  You can scroll back through the pages and you see the dates are still there from the April threads.  We need that feature again.  PLEASE Q...listen

Valued Contributor

@mcall1020 wrote:

They say yesterday, or Thursday or 2 weeks ago, I dont like that.  You can scroll back through the pages and you see the dates are still there from the April threads.  We need that feature again.  PLEASE Q...listen

------------------------------------------------------------

mcall, you can fix that in your "Preferences."

Go to "My Settings," located under your name in the upper right hand corner of this page.

Click on "Preferences," then "Display" under "Preference Options."

In "Display," scroll about halfway down the page.

You need to uncheck the box marked "Use relative dates (three hours ago)."

That will give you back your dates on each post, but it won't fix the problem of undated threads on the Community Chat main page.

HTH

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Respected Contributor

@mcall1020 wrote:

Q, we need to see the dates on original posts without having to click on every topic to check it out!!  Its a waste of time.  Please bring that feature back like it ws on the previous forums.  That's really a needed feature

I agree we do need dates  on the posts. Hope someone is reading and understands this request.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry but no it doesn't. I have the feature you mention unchecked and here's a screenshot of the landing page. I don't see any original dates postes, do you?

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 6.25.40 PM.png

@SuiGeneris wrote:

@mcall1020 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------

mcall, you can fix that in your "Preferences."

Go to "My Settings," located under your name in the upper right hand corner of this page.

Click on "Preferences," then "Display" under "Preference Options."

In "Display," scroll about halfway down the page.

You need to uncheck the box marked "Use relative dates (three hours ago)."

That will give you back your dates on each post, but it won't fix the problem of undated threads on the Community Chat main page.

HTH

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

gardensla, that's what Sui said.  She said but it won't fixed the undated threads on the main page.