Honored Contributor

Re: WE NEED A COMPLETE POSTING HISTORY BROUGHT BACK!!

[ Edited ]

@JAXS mom wrote:

I don't know. I read one thread that said change the drop down menu at the top to users and put your user name in there, but all that ended up doing is taking me to my profile page ( which was where I looked previously) which does not list all my posts. It lists threads I started and posts I've hearted. 

For some reason under "recent original posts" it only has my OPs and the most recent one listed was last thursday. Maybe if I clear cookies it will update? 

‎04-18-2012
3,898 Posts  you need to click on the number before Posts.
Respected Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

I'd like to have it back too, in fact I was frustrated the other day because I couldn't find a thread I posted on that I wanted to keep up with but I don't want to have notifications. Search is not very functional on this forum. I can rarely find the specific thread I'm looking for with search. 

Did you figure out how to find it, jaxs mom?

I don't know. I read one thread that said change the drop down menu at the top to users and put your user name in there, but all that ended up doing is taking me to my profile page ( which was where I looked previously) which does not list all my posts. It lists threads I started and posts I've hearted. 

For some reason under "recent original posts" it only has my OPs and the most recent one listed was last thursday. Maybe if I clear cookies it will update? 

It takes you to the profile page if you don't do it exactly right (argh).  You can't select your name from the dropdown menu of suggestions that appears when you start typing your name into the search box...you have to actually click on the "go" box.

What you get is very much like what lulu2 just posted above.  Click on where it says "3,898 Posts" in her post or when you search, and it will take you to all your recent activity.  Let me know if this works!

Honored Contributor

Thanks. It's annoying it takes so many steps. It was much easier before.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

Thanks. It's annoying it takes so many steps. It was much easier before.

Agreed.  But if you bookmark/favorite it, it'll update each time you refresh, so you really only have to go through the whole rigamarole once.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

See message #40 on this thread for easy instructions on how to access your own or another poster's history.

Well, this is message #40, so I'm not sure which one you actually meant to reference.

But I know how to do it, thanks Smiley Happy  If jaxs mom didn't find what she was looking for, I was going to post the link for her since there are instructions all over the place already, but some people seem to still be having trouble accessing what's left of their history.

Your link is to Message #35, so we're even. :-) I meant to link to #48, which I wrote. Here it is, edited for clarity:

If you're interested in finding your own posts or threads or anyone else's for that matter, this has been posted many times: In the search box at the top right-hand side of the page, put in the username. But use the drop-down menu next to it to change from "Community" to "users. Click "go."

When you see the nic you're looking for, click on "posts," not the nic itself. Voila!

ETA: Yes, bookmark the page.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland