Honored Contributor

Re: WE NEED A COMPLETE POSTING HISTORY BROUGHT BACK!!

@tansy wrote:
I don't miss it and it was creepy that people would search through another poster's history looking for personal info or a gotcha moment.

Well, you can be paranoid about things, or realized that it is a bit of an aid in knowing and understanding individual posters.

To be able to see how someone responded to a particular subject in the past, when posting in the present. Is their stand the same, different? Are they saying one thing here, and another one there? Are they consisitent throughout on their views on  any given specific topics? Did they once post something helpful that you'd like to access again, but can't remember which thread it was in? Are you trying to get the 'jist' of a poster, get to know them, before you respond, kind of like trying to see where they are coming from, before you agree or disagree with them?

I never had any problem with people looking at my posting history and seeing my points of view or interests and 'getting to know me' so to speak. 

Honored Contributor

I'd like to have it back too, in fact I was frustrated the other day because I couldn't find a thread I posted on that I wanted to keep up with but I don't want to have notifications. Search is not very functional on this forum. I can rarely find the specific thread I'm looking for with search. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I can't really remember anything that I've posted that  it would bother me if people were able and go back and look for it. 

Exactly. What are you all posting that you're afraid people will see and mention? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had I not been able to access my own board history, I would not have been able to remember the name of a beloved poster who passed away.  I would not have been able to remember the name of a board friend whose husband passed away and after a time, she remarried.

Some will abuse and run with others' history, but for most of us, it helps us recall something from our past. (and in my case it can be something as mundane as the color of a nail polish)

Valued Contributor

OP, I'm one who misses it too, because I have memory problems after having encephalitis years ago, & having a reference is often helpful for me. If I remember replying to someone's post & can look for that old post, then I could go right back into the thread & not have to search through dozens or more of old posts.  There were also some nice threads I liked to go back to, such as catalog or link shares, etc, to easily relocate a link I remembered finding in that thread, or a helpful tip etc.  

Maybe there are still ways to get that stuff accomplished still, but I haven't quite figured it all out, yet. Rarely did I ever go back and snoop over other people's posts; certainly not the Hater types!  Who wants to read more of their stanky stuff, lol. But sometimes I would find a kindly like-minded person who, for example, enjoys backyard birding as I do, or is a crafter etc.; then it would be helpful to see if they found some really good threads that I had missed.  But I did that rarely too, mainly just sticking to my own posts including replies to other people's posts (which is what is lacking now) & reviewing them from time to time. 

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

I'd like to have it back too, in fact I was frustrated the other day because I couldn't find a thread I posted on that I wanted to keep up with but I don't want to have notifications. Search is not very functional on this forum. I can rarely find the specific thread I'm looking for with search. 

Did you figure out how to find it, jaxs mom?

Honored Contributor

See message #40 on this thread for easy instructions on how to access your own or another poster's history.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

See message #40 on this thread for easy instructions on how to access your own or another poster's history.

Well, this is message #40, so I'm not sure which one you actually meant to reference.

But I know how to do it, thanks Smiley Happy  If jaxs mom didn't find what she was looking for, I was going to post the link for her since there are instructions all over the place already, but some people seem to still be having trouble accessing what's left of their history.

Honored Contributor

I clicked on my name and post count (as instructed by the computer savvy gang) and just bookmarked it.

I have no nefarious intentions; I just want to be able to go back and see if anyone responded to my posts without having to search through the arrows in multiple forums.

straight face

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

Did you figure out how to find it, jaxs mom?

I don't know. I read one thread that said change the drop down menu at the top to users and put your user name in there, but all that ended up doing is taking me to my profile page ( which was where I looked previously) which does not list all my posts. It lists threads I started and posts I've hearted. 

For some reason under "recent original posts" it only has my OPs and the most recent one listed was last thursday. Maybe if I clear cookies it will update?