Regular Contributor

Re: WE NEED A COMPLETE POSTING HISTORY BROUGHT BACK!!

[ Edited ]

i personally don't understand why anyone wouldn't want the option to readily see their own posting history, if they wanted/needed to for some reason.

i think alot of us depended on that feature to help us participate.

the current 'activity' function doesn't help much when you click on your name- for example, i mainly get a few random threads i started very long ago that were only useful for that moment. and the search function often mentioned here, doesn't work for many of us, the 'community' box doesn't have a drop down on our screen-

i have to hunt the board to find my most recent posts, and i think that is why many posters are missing or having so much trouble, they can't readily find their way back to where they want to go, it used to be easy.

other posters gave me some help with that, which i have in turn shared with others. it seems the best we can do at present. Woman Frustrated

being able to see other's activity always helped me also, i could quickly find some posters who i found interesting to read, or who i wanted to post to. i can't post very often, but did lose app 90% of my past posts in the 'change'- and i have been reading here most every day for several years.

when we post here, we know anyone may see it, so viewing our own and each other's activity seems to be a part of that, to me. i try to be careful about giving out too much specific info, and try not to say anything i'd regret to have anyone hear/read.

i also think being able to see other's activity makes it harder for posters to 'hide' the way they treat others, which can be helpful to the community overall.

as to stalking other posters by seeing their activity:

i don't know if removing that will help - i think the main problem is the unnecessarily disrespectful posts that some seem to need to make on a regular basis. i don't think most of us can get away with talking like that to others, especially strangers, in real life.

[ i wonder what some would think if they reviewed their own activity, specifically with an eye to 'disrespect/rudeness'- would they see the unwarranted harsh/snarky tone of so many of their posts, that so often insults/incites others? ]

i feel that is what so often gets the ball rolling on the arguments, major and minor- basic lack of respect to others.  some have shown they are not able to converse in a basic respectful way- or, maybe just think they don't need to do that here.

and a few really delight in tormenting others, and maybe the 'activity' of other posters makes it easier for them sometimes, but i don't think that will stop the negative behavior of those who do it for sport.

i think if they can't easily stalk someone, they will likely torment whomever they see.Woman Sad

anyway,that's how i view it, and i hope they continue making it easier to use for the average poster, since it was such a mess when they rolled it out.Cat Surprised

[i wonder how many read this all the way to the end ?! when i finally post i usually have alot to sayWoman Embarassed]

[ i tried to fix something and it seems to show repeated edits, idk... where is a confused emotie, we really need those ]

Respected Contributor

Shosh I read it all and thought it was a great post!

👍👍👍

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Newsiesuzie,

I agree. If they could make it so we could only view *our own* complete posting history, even for 7 days worth, it would be valuable to many. But QVC had reasons for removing the ability of posters to track the activity of other posters. Good reasons. There is no good global reason to change that.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my past the older posts someone went into them and changed or used my post for their reasons.  I have no idea what they did when I was not online in the forum.   For all I know they used my older posts to send messages into the forum.   I found this out when I was reading older posts because the forum was almost empty.  I even saw the name of the person that was somehow attached to the bottom of my post.   If they used my older post in the forum writting something it could look bad for me.  

So after that I started to remove every older post that I could.   I was trying to defend myself; and to protect myself.  

No one else was going to help me in any way.  I ask for help too.  

Trusted Contributor

This is absolutely terrible. I had no idea such a thing could even be done? How could it be done? Makes no sense, but someone from QVC should have helped you and banned those people for life !

I'm very sorry this happened to you and pray it never happens to anyone ever again !Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

In my past the older posts someone went into them and changed or used my post for their reasons.  I have no idea what they did when I was not online in the forum.   For all I know they used my older posts to send messages into the forum.   I found this out when I was reading older posts because the forum was almost empty.  I even saw the name of the person that was somehow attached to the bottom of my post.   If they used my older post in the forum writting something it could look bad for me.  

So after that I started to remove every older post that I could.   I was trying to defend myself; and to protect myself.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Because ????

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Uh-huh.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

This is absolutely terrible. I had no idea such a thing could even be done? How could it be done? Makes no sense, but someone from QVC should have helped you and banned those people for life !

I'm very sorry this happened to you and pray it never happens to anyone ever again !Woman Surprised

Right.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Color me confused... 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Right.

I posted that one post of mine with their name at the bottom of the post...the computer added it I think.    I sent it to the forum for others to see.  And for the Forum Team to read and try to help me from them doing this.  

I found several females that hang out on another forum (outside of QVC forum)  talking mean about me, and telling lies about me....and some was saying to take me down over here on QVC.  They are still hanging around here.  They still come here to get others to go there to that forum. 

Some nics would try to get them to stop what they are doing ...which I thought was nice.