Esteemed Contributor

Re: WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER IN OUR FAMILY

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
Huskies are gorgeous dogs. However, they are known to be "HOUDINI" dogs, that is, serious escape artists. She needs to be super careful about the dog getting loose. They are geniuses on figuring out ways to escape..anything, anywhere.

@Pearlee ...I spoke to Lindsay and my daughter about this and they said they are aware of all the things a Husky will and can do.   They looked into it prior to purchasing her.  I just may get a good laugh one of these days when I see one or the other flying down the street with a leash in hand and a dog on the other end.  Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on your new addition. It’s quite nice and kind to rescue a puppy but most breeders I have met are responsible and love their dogs and are quite concerned where their puppies go & they do research on prospective owners. Some people love a particular breed as I do. If I were to get a dog or puppy I’d purchase a Samoyed. I love them and shouldn’t be demonized because I choose to purchase a purebred. The child did her research and wanted a husky. A husky puppy needed a home....end of story. Ive had purebreds and rescues over my lifetime and love all dogs.
QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

My parents had male and female Samoyeds, and they would breed them only twice, never more than that.

The parent dogs were not AKC registered, but they did sell the pups.

Huskies are extremely intelligent dogs, and they require a lot of activity, otherwise they can become destructive out of boredom.

I would suggest taking Yuki to an obstacle course, to burn off some of that energy.

They also love to learn, so perhaps teaching Yuki to roll over or other such behaviors, would help too.

They are great for taking on hikes, and they make doggy backpacks, where they can carry things.

I hope that your granddaughter has many fun filled years with Yuki!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

My parents had male and female Samoyeds, and they would breed them only twice, never more than that.

The parent dogs were not AKC registered, but they did sell the pups.

Huskies are extremely intelligent dogs, and they require a lot of activity, otherwise they can become destructive out of boredom.

I would suggest taking Yuki to an obstacle course, to burn off some of that energy.

They also love to learn, so perhaps teaching Yuki to roll over or other such behaviors, would help too.

They are great for taking on hikes, and they make doggy backpacks, where they can carry things.

I hope that your granddaughter has many fun filled years with Yuki!

@Anonymous032819 ...Both my daughter and granddaughter did their homework, so they are prepared to work with Yuki to make sure she is has everything she needs for her temperament.  When I was a teenager an aunt gave me a puppy as a gift and my parents agreed to hire a trainer which I was forever grateful.   A well behaved trained dog is a beautiful sight to behold.  Thanks for your suggestions.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam