Esteemed Contributor

WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER IN OUR FAMILY

[ Edited ]

My daughter Stacy and my granddaughter are animal lovers and own a German Shepherd female dog and two cats.   Previously there were two other cats and another dog in the mix but sadly the other dog had to be put down because she got valley fever.  She had the sweetest disposition, just loved that dog.

Anyway, the day Lindsay was born we opened a bank account in her name and each deposited $25 a month.  She is now seventeen, born in April, 2003 and has a sizable amount in that account. 

I digress...since there is all that money in the accoun,t Lindsay decided she wanted a dog of her own, so, she bought one.  After spending a good amount of time on the Internet, she decided on a beautiful 11 weeks old Husky female from a breeder in Missouri.  By the time she added up the price for the dog plus the shipping crate, air fare and a 50 pound bag of dog food it came to a pretty largee amount.  But, since she has all that money sitting in the bank, why not.

The appointment for her first shots has already been set and there will be ongoing dog training at PetSmart

Oh, her  name is Yuki which is Japanese for Snow.  I'm not crazy about it but she's  not my dog.  So there you have it, our new member is this beautiful, smart Husky dog we all fell in love with.  Woman LOLHeart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER IN OUR FAMILY

[ Edited ]
  • @Lindsays Grandma  Congrats on the new addition to your family.I hope Yuki brings you all much joy!!
Esteemed Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS..... WELCOME YUKI ❤️🥰

Respected Contributor

How Wonderful!

Yuki, is the perfect name for a husky.

We have had two.

One word of caution is to make sure they are very secure when outside. They love to run and can go for miles. 

One of ours was an escape artist and would take off and end up in the next town.

They love to sing and are wonderful sweet pets.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma FYI, Yuki can also mean lucky. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Congratulations @Lindsays Grandma- to you and to Lindsay!

Two things: I knew a lot of "Yuki's" when I taught in Japan. I think it's a precious name!

DH also saved his money when he was young, and when he was 15 or 16 he bought a Saint Bernard. And he went on to become a veterinarian!  So you never know where caring for Yuki will lead Lindsay!  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny ...I just read your post and told Lindsay what you said.  They have already had the experience of taking Yuki outside and told me "she hops', and they are aware to hang tight on the leash.  I can see the future with this lady, she will howl and hop and jump.  What fun!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom ...At first I had a few talks with Lindsay about the name, Yuki.  I told her that no one would know what it means and that it sounded strange.  Well, I wasn't going to change her mind and now I am getting used to it.  Several comments, including yours, has made me open my mind to it and now I am beginning to like it, slowly, but, it's getting there. 

What were the chances that I would communicate with anyone who ever heard the name Yuki, let alone taught in Japan and knows what it means?  

I love the story about how your husband saved his money, bought the dog and eventually became a veterinarian.  Lindsay has grown up with animals from the day she was born and I agree, one never knows where it will lead her.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Sorry for shouting...BUT WE NEED PICTURES OF YUKI!

(I love the name.)

Denise
Honored Contributor

She sounds like a sweetheart--  enjoy that precious pup, @Lindsays Grandma !