Super Contributor

WDBJ Reporters were shot

[ Edited ]

CNN is just reporting they were on air (outside) and were shot...story is just breaking.  This is in VA.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: WDBJ Reporters were shot

Sad news.  I've just turned on the TV for details.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

Incredibly sad...two young adults just doing their job. 

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Sad news.  I've just turned on the TV for details.

TerribleSmiley Sad The reporter was live on camera when the shooting happened.

http://kfor.com/2015/08/26/suspected-active-shooter-investigation-involving-news-crew-underway-in-vi...

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

How horrible!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

What a horrible, horrible thing.

Trusted Contributor

on the actual video all you see is the reporter interviewing the lady....then you hear shots....screams..... And the video stops.  

Respected Contributor

just so horrible.... I saw this photo of them and they both looked like charming people

photo

Does anyone know what story they were covering? Was it controversial? We have a very vocal & small segment of our population that distrusts and loathes the media. I hate to say it, but I am surprised this hasn't happened earlier here in the states.
If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the film clip and she was interviewing a lady from the local Chamber of Commerce.  Tourism oriented. Sounded very bland. 

@biancardi wrote:

just so horrible.... I saw this photo of them and they both looked like charming people

photo

Does anyone know what story they were covering? Was it controversial? We have a very vocal & small segment of our population that distrusts and loathes the media. I hate to say it, but I am surprised this hasn't happened earlier here in the states.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

This just reminds us that you're never 100% safe.  These victims weren't in a war zone in a foreign country, weren't in an area where there were gangs......being in the TV studio probably was  probably considered a safe place by them and their families.

We never know when the last time is the last time.  So, so sad.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)