Respected Contributor

Re: WD-40 - WHO KNEW IT COULD DO ALL THESE THINGS!

@DJs mom wrote:

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

If your key’s sticking in the lock, spray a little WD-40 into the lock with the little straw. A locksmith told me this trick and it works.

I had a key that kept sticking in my lock. My neighbor (who is a mechanic) sprayed my lock with a little WD40 and voila, my key no locker sticks.

Yep, it worked like a charm on the lock in our sliding glass door.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I am going to try it on some paint that is on my car.  I biffed the side of the garage yesterday and am really bummed.  Both for the house and my car.  

Are you sure you want to do that?  I don't know if it will remove paint from your car since it wasn't mentioned. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

It does work great on locks and sliding glass doors

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The strong odor would 'knock me out' in the shower.

Please be careful and use, say, in small quantities such as a lock keyhole, etc. 

It works well in very tiny amounts in ventilated areas.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.: Maybe I'll take a look at the WD-40 website later.

Just to see what they suggest.  I'm sure there are warnings on the can re: ventillation, etc. 

It's usually sold in small cans, so I'm thinking small can, somewhat limited uses regarding overall safety, etc. 

'Just be careful'.............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I am going to try it on some paint that is on my car.  I biffed the side of the garage yesterday and am really bummed.  Both for the house and my car.  

@Sunnycorle  I have not done that yet in the 26 years of driving into mt garage...there is about three inches on each side of the car as I enter the garage...I say a prayer each time I drive  in😄