New Contributor

WARNING !!!!! Today's TSV puts you at risk!

The LODIS SET OF 2  credit card cases do NOT offer complete RFID protection! The area where you would put your driver's license is NOT protected ! If you put a hotel key, DL, ETC in the ID window, it is vulnerable. QVC sells ID STRONGHOLD and RFID PROTECTION IS THEIR SOLE BUSINESS and their leather is beautiful. Be careful you don't get scammed because you fell for this product.

Honored Contributor

Re: WARNING !!!!! Today's TSV puts you at risk!

@mattag wrote:

The LODIS SET OF 2  credit card cases do NOT offer complete RFID protection! The area where you would put your driver's license is NOT protected ! If you put a hotel key, DL, ETC in the ID window, it is vulnerable. QVC sells ID STRONGHOLD and RFID PROTECTION IS THEIR SOLE BUSINESS and their leather is beautiful. Be careful you don't get scammed because you fell for this product.

The entire product, IMO, is a total waste of money.

Scammers will find a way...and the banks do not hold the victim liable.

Super Contributor

The banks don't hold you liable but if you've ever had your debit card stolen and your checking account wiped out you realize what a HUGE issue it is . . . .especially if you have checks bounce and recurring bills that do not get paid due to lack of funds.  Add to that the bounced check fees, late fees, etc., and it can become a nightmare.

Trusted Contributor

The whole idea is marketing to people's fear.  At some point, you have to remove your card from your wallet.  A crook can get your info then.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChillyTulip wrote:

The banks don't hold you liable but if you've ever had your debit card stolen and your checking account wiped out you realize what a HUGE issue it is . . . .especially if you have checks bounce and recurring bills that do not get paid due to lack of funds.  Add to that the bounced check fees, late fees, etc., and it can become a nightmare.

I don't know about your bank - but my debit card is protected just like a credit card. NO liability at all.

I think stories like the one you just related are meant to scare people...

And sell worthless wallets!

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

The whole idea is marketing to people's fear.  At some point, you have to remove your card from your wallet.  A crook can get your info then.

Someone got my AmEx card number in Queens and got a crown at the dentist...and some clothes from Century 21.

I wasn't liable for anything...AmEx contacted ME. The new card came via FedEx the next day.

Honored Contributor

We end up paying for all of it in the end.  They just pass the cost on to the customers.

It makes me sick because the credit card people and the banks could put an end to it but they just pass the cost on to us.

Trusted Contributor

FEAR SELLS. Put the fear in people....fear of someone robbing your home, stealing your card info, those "bad guys" are out there waiting to get you. Now QVC has gotten in on the business of fear.   It is too bad companies make money this way. 

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Lila4Now wrote:

Someone got my AmEx card number in Queens and got a crown at the dentist...and some clothes from Century 21.

I wasn't liable for anything...AmEx contacted ME. The new card came via FedEx the next day.

How dumb can someone be to charge a crown on a stolen credit card? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scatcat wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Lila4Now wrote:

How dumb can someone be to charge a crown on a stolen credit card? 

The woman at AmEx laughed and said at least it went to a good cause! It wasn't wasted on stuff from Tiffany's. I imagine the thief was in pain and pretty desperate...and bought 2 dresses for $80 after the dental work to celebrate.